Milan

[CADA] CADA General Discussion Topic

59 minutes ago, TheRacker said:

Can you mention when your next model is expected to release?

It is planned for August / September 2022

13 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Oh, I wasn't talking about that set, I meant 42121. I'm comparing them now, and CADA has definitely made changes, dropping the part count from 569 to 467 (Maybe mostly because they don't include rocks?), but there is some pretty clear "inspiration"/copying in several parts. They're definitely not as shameless as some, but it's still a shame.

Apologies, I completely misread that

5 minutes ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

As in lithium cells stopped exploding in your face?

CaDA sold quite a large amount of the C61042 from what I have seen on various social media platforms and forums, and I have yet to read a report of a battery exploding. 

19 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Are you sure they wouldn't release modified Lego sets? I'm pretty sure they did it regularly in the past, and while they seem way better now, the excavator in here: https://decadastore.com/collections/construction/products/cada-construction-equipment-fleet-c65001w-c65005w looks like a pretty close copy of Lego's 2021 Heavy-Duty Excavator. I haven't found any other things on there that look copied, but this one disappoints me.

The dump truck looks familiar... nah, maybe not...

42035-1.jpg

Oh, right.

On 2/9/2022 at 8:24 AM, brickphisto said:

I am not an expert on legal issues but afaik parts like the one mentioned cannot be patented (anymore) but they can still have design protection. There are plenty of Lego parts which you would never expect to be protected anymore but which still are: 2x4 curved slope, 1x2 curved slope, almost all brackets, 1x1x1/2/3 brick with two studs just to mention a few. But I fear we are drifting off-topic...

Sorry for hijacking this post, apologies to everyone.
I'm looking for the 31070 Porsche 911 MOC instructions from @brickphisto.
Can you help since I can't send DMs through here?

Offensive posts hidden.

Let's not go into politics and certainly don't not make offensive accusations towards countries.
Please, stick to the topic.

21 hours ago, LvdH said:

CaDA sold quite a large amount of the C61042 from what I have seen on various social media platforms and forums, and I have yet to read a report of a battery exploding. 

Better read this forum,

Not only mine exploded but some other members had this too.

48 minutes ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

Not only mine exploded but some other members had this too.

Given that one has these batteries and wants to charge them, what are best practices to apply "abundance of caution"? 

I'm already only charging any batteries outside (fortunately the local climate allows this year-round), away from other flammables. Is there also something to pay attention to regarding charger or power source (other than using the supplied cable)?

26 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Given that one has these batteries and wants to charge them, what are best practices to apply "abundance of caution"? 

I'm already only charging any batteries outside (fortunately the local climate allows this year-round), away from other flammables. Is there also something to pay attention to regarding charger or power source (other than using the supplied cable)?

I think I saw some very early CaDA batteries (or some other Chinese maker, IDK) had the USB plug wired incorrectly; it would work with the supplied cable but not others. I'm sorry, can't give more details or confirm it.

You're not meant to use a charger over 2 amps, but since the battery box only draws well under half an amp, really I think this means don't connect it to a modern smart charger which might (even briefly) try to throw up to 20v down the line.

I would suggest to always leave them charging until they're done, as the BMS seems to equalize the cells at the end of the cycle. I have killed a couple of MouldKing batteries by unplugging them after half an hour or so. The second one I killed got pulled apart and the voltage across the two cells measured. They were a lot different, the battery can't sustain that more than a couple of times. 

Edited by amorti

I've been using some 10 battery RC units from CaDA since 2020 without any dangerous incidents. Have charged them repeatedly and succesfully with USB 2.0 port in my dekstop computer and a range of phone chargers form LG, Samsung, Huawei and Realme.

I guess I'm lucky.

The only complication is that some of these units (older ones?) seem to connect with only one or two remote controllers from my "collection", while others can be paired with any controller.

CADA has a new "White Top" battery box that has more power, so it can power 2 CADA Buggy motors at once.

Cada posted on FB that you should not use the older Battery box with the Buggy Motors as the Battery might get damaged. Unlike the new WhiteTop battery box they just cant't handle the buggy motors.

Does it also have 6 outputs and connects to a proportional controller? Or am I mistaking it with another brand?

3 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

Does it also have 6 outputs and connects to a proportional controller? Or am I mistaking it with another brand?

Nah. You probably mistook it for the MK one. They are working on proportional controlling though

2 hours ago, thekoRngear said:

They are working on proportional controlling though

Where did you get that information? I would be very inteterested to hear more if possible. 

4 hours ago, amorti said:

modern smart charger which might (even briefly) try to throw up to 20v down the line

This is completely wrong information.

Micro USB chargers do NOT use the higher 9volts for speedload, they can ONLY send 5 volts to the device and are NOT intelligent.
(and 20 volts is non exsistent)
Only USB C loaders ( f.a. samsung vs S20/21/22 ) communicate with the device and switch from 5 to 9volt in a speedload protocol and will do this ONLY when they get an ACK from the device to switch.

Cada is chinese cheap junk, bloody dangerous junk to be more precise
and it's wellknown that most of them aren't even allowed in Europe and many other countries.

3 minutes ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

Cada is chinese cheap junk, bloody dangerous junk to be more precise

and it's wellknown that most of them aren't even allowed in Europe and many other countries.

Plus the company (at least partially) copies TLG's designs. This is evident in the mining truck and excavator.

15 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

Where did you get that information? I would be very inteterested to hear more if possible. 

In their Official FB page. They were replying to someone. That's the only information I have seen from that. I think we would not be that far away from seeing proportional controls

9 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

This is evident in the mining truck and excavator

and the reason that we no longer see spoilers cause those infringers are on the lookout everywhere and steal designs and mocs where they can.

8 minutes ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

Cada is chinese cheap junk

I am not saying all cada does is great, but with that kind of mindset you might not want to open this topic in the first place

10 minutes ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

What does that even mean? Freakware is the official German CADA import, and they sell CADA sets in Germany without problems... Don't you think TLG would have used any legal leverage they can find to stop CADA sets to be sold here?

13 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

What does that even mean? Freakware is the official German CADA import, and they sell CADA sets in Germany without problems... Don't you think TLG would have used any legal leverage they can find to stop CADA sets to be sold here?

He doesn't mean the sets, but the chargeable batteries. There are/were (I'm not up-to-date) reports of destructive problems (same with YC, MK) if you didn't use the original charger or classic USB ports (and a while ago it seemed like there was a construction error in the connector - switched wires iirc, but that is fixed I guess).

So if anyone owns a few battery boxes: Use a modern USB charger and plug it in with different cables - for science :D It should work and take the same time to be fully charged.

Do they even include chargers nowdays? If smartphone manufacturers don't include them anymore, why should toy companies do it? :D

afaik they never included chargers, only a short Usb to micro usb cable. But I could be wrong of course

5 minutes ago, Gimmick said:

Do they even include chargers nowdays? If smartphone manufacturers don't include them anymore, why should toy companies do it?

But they do include tiny screwdrivers when they're needed to access battery compartments. TLG should start doing the same, specially now that they switched the C+ hub to the screwed-on lid.