Milan

[CADA] CADA General Discussion Topic

This topic can be used to showcase your CADA model/set as well as discuss it.

PLEASE NOTE: We don’t endorse other brands on the Technic forum, although we are making an exception for this topic only, since our members have created some awesome models with this brand.

Rules:

• CADA only, no other brands at this point.
  • This is the only CADA topic for the Technic forum, and each CADA model belongs here, so no opening a new topic for a new CADA model.
  • Do not use this topic solely to promote your CADA set/instructions. Instead, use this topic to create a nice presentation of your CADA model. You can include a small link to the store. All presentations and discussions should be done here.
  • Please be mindful of the size of your pictures (maximum 1024 pixels).
  • Rules might change as time goes on.

Thanks for making some room for discussion about CADA. This could be really useful. Do I understand correctly that it's also okay to discuss CADA in general, such as its distinct parts?

I do have a question that I did not want to ask so far. CADA seems to have a bunch of useful parts that do not exist in Lego technic, such as short flip-flop beams and various connectors. I have been thinking about getting such parts to try them out for building, ad they are easy to differentiate from Lego parts. However, I could not find a site to list such parts, not to mention to buy them by piece. Is there such a place, something like bricks and pieces for Lego parts? I have seen some people posting builds that use a few CADA parts only. Did you get them standalone or from CADA sets?

On 2/4/2022 at 9:47 PM, gyenesvi said:

I have seen some people posting builds that use a few CADA parts only. Did you get them standalone or from CADA sets

I have bought Sets and got a few free Sets from Cada to make my Testbuilds. Cada has a very small spare part section on their online shop, but actually no flip flop beams or beams with pins at the end. The G5 from Cada for example is a very good partspack if you need special parts.

Bricksafe Cada .part

Edit: A link to the instruction page to find the part lists.

G5 instruction with part list

51877668334_846f3d9b7a_c.jpg

Spoiler

51863919070_2001cb188f_c.jpg

Unique parts contained in the Humvee.

Spoiler

51866204480_21b0c8f514_c.jpg

Cada electronics. For the upcoming Buggy motor i have no file.

Spoiler

51865936054_45b031eecd_c.jpg

The general Link to the Cada homepage : https://www.doubleeagle-group.com/

Edited by efferman

I'm glad to see some official recognition for discussion of CADA in this limited way! (It makes more sense than the way we were using Brunoj1's Supercar topic as an unofficial one!)

Nice topic, and I think this one will be quite active with all their amazing (upcoming and current) releases. Nice to have for sure rather than having the entire forum cluttered with individual topics.

Edited by LvdH

While I’m not really a fan of the real car, I think this is the kind of angular bodywork that Technic does a very good job of recreating. It’s a very impressive model

@Milan: thank you for doing that :thumbup:. It´s obvious that this is a good way to discuss things which enhance our building experience by using the broadest palette of parts in a comfortable way. Freedom of choice and opinions for everybody!

34 minutes ago, efferman said:

I have bought Sets and got a few free Sets from Cada to make my Testbuilds. Cada has a very small spare part section on their online shop, but actually no flip flop beams or beams with pins at the end. The G5 from Cada for example is a very good partspack if you need special parts.

Please post a small link for the parts pack.

33 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

I'm glad to see some official recognition for discussion of CADA in this limited way! (It makes more sense than the way we were using Brunoj1's Supercar topic as an unofficial one!)

I didn´t feel it was the case, but I endorse to put it the right way. There are many more interesting sets and parts to be discussed for sure!

2 hours ago, LvdH said:

I I don't like the color they chose though. They could have chosen anything as wild as their imagination allows, but they chose a boring white with some red accents (mostly stickers). 

Tell me about it! It would have been a perfect opportunity to do something completely different from what lego offers, like purple or yellow. But instead they went with legos sticker route. Any colour: orange, red, green, blue would've looked better.

When you look on there website I also found this a bit strange. "black pins UNcluded". What does that mean?? There are obvious blue pins showing in the model, I don't know why they'd do that after releasing Bruno's model with all black pins.

Screen-Shot-2022-02-05-at-11-29-27-am.pn

20 minutes ago, langko said:

When you look on there website I also found this a bit strange. "black pins UNcluded". What does that mean?? There are obvious blue pins showing in the model, I don't know why they'd do that after releasing Bruno's model with all black pins.

If I read correctly you get a full set of red and black pins. 

Now that this thread exists, I think it'd be useful to compile a list of CaDA brand pieces with frequent moulding issues, since in my time with the Centenario I've come across a fair few

Edited by Bartybum

1 hour ago, LvdH said:

If I read correctly you get a full set of red and black pins. 

That's what I'd assume, but I think there's better ways to say that. Uncluded implies you don't get any, included would imply that you would. (unless it's a spelling error, U and I are next to each other on the keyboard). Plus I don't know why you'd bother giving blue pins when (I assume) most people would use the black ones...

1 hour ago, langko said:

That's what I'd assume, but I think there's better ways to say that. Uncluded implies you don't get any, included would imply that you would. (unless it's a spelling error, U and I are next to each other on the keyboard). Plus I don't know why you'd bother giving blue pins when (I assume) most people would use the black ones...

I ran a review on this set a while back, and my impression was that the blue pins were used in the chassis, while the black ones were used in the bodywork.

Man. Look at that chrome connectors parts with those spiked ones. Watched a couple of videos on YT and I think the parts definitely got improved although the friction quality of 2L black/blue axle-pins yet to be seen.
1280x720.png

Edited by thekoRngear

On 2/4/2022 at 10:37 PM, brunojj1 said:

Please post a small link for the parts pack.

Done in my first post.

Edited by efferman

The picture does not include the 7L perpendicular beam which I found is the most useful.

640x271.JPG

Then I discovered this part in the mentioned white „BMW“ set – it´s quite nice to have it in order to go the narrow path if needed:

640x401.JPG

The sometimes too slippery white Lego clutches can get annoying. These ones are on the other extreme end. Nice alternative too, although some of them seem almost impossible to move.

640x360.JPG

14 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

does not include the 7L perpendicular beam

oops, corrected. Btw, all of them are very Usefull. So I use many of them in my upcoming Cada Sets

Yes the cada clutches are harder than the linear clutches from Lego. A little bit to stiff i think.

Just happened to receive another package from CaDA R&D. This alternative design is being produced according to my proposal:

640x765.JPG

It´s not hard to spot some differences compared to the known standard elements when it comes to elasticity and attachment points. Not sure they have been implemented in some of the recent sets though. If somebody can spot them, please share a picture. At least they will come in a new hypercar of mine this summer (most likely not black!). 

Very happy to see this topic added to the forum! 

I think we all will have great fun discussing the (upcomming) master releases and growing parts catalogue with many unique parts. Proudly being part of their group of individual designers and therefore having some inside knowledge, I am afraid this topic will get unclear  soon with such variety of things being discussed. However I fully understand and respect the decision to keep it to a single topic only - it's a Lego forum after all. :thumbup: 

Have a great time everyone!

Is there an alternative link for instructions? I only found this but it's ridiculously slow and in chinese, no matter what language I chose :<

Edited by Gimmick

There is also a pin with balljoint, except female. These appear in the C61053 “Apollo IE”.

640x343.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Gimmick said:

Is there an alternative link for instructions? I only found this but it's ridiculously slow and in chinese, no matter what language I chose :<

They do upload some of their instructions on their FB group. I know, not everyones favorite site, but it’s so much faster. 

Edited by LvdH

6 minutes ago, LvdH said:

These appear in the C61053 “Apollo IE”.

There are 14 of them in the G5.

Just like the other CaDA Master designers here on EB I really appreciate this topic popping up. Thank you very much! Talking about unique parts I got my hands on flexible liftarms with axle holes. They were invented and patented by a German company but they are now being produced by CaDA. They can be best compared to 45590 but feel more like plastic. There are various length (up to 22L) and can be easily cut to any length. I got a feeling they might be very useful.

1 hour ago, Gimmick said:

Wow! Slow or not, that's a cool link. I didn't realize they shared all their instructions like that!

55 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

I do not know what CADA is, can anybody explain to me please?

Cada is a Chinese manufacturer of Sets made of liftarms and bricks. They have many unique parts, and even the 2 long pins have a different design, to avoid a exact copy of the lego design.

Even lego is using now the flipflop beams, slightly modified, from cada in 11 and 15 modules. Cada doesnt make copys of Lego Sets or mocs and works together with some Moccers to bring their ideas to the market. The quality is quite good, but the friction in the Crossaxle connectors is sometimes a little to low.

Edited by efferman