LBRICK

4th international train meeting event in Schkeuditz / Leipzig, Germany (BSBT)

Dear LEGO® train fans, dear BSBT fans,

We are pleased to invite you to the 4th Bauspielbahn-Treffen.

87705-1642981608.thumb.jpg.b103f8ce1d47456e3362b1b04836d35b.jpg

For the fourth time, LEGO train fans from Germany and other countries will meet to build a large community layout together. We also will give space to individual layouts or models.

As in the past years, the "Alte Straßenbahndepot Schkeuditz" (Rathausplatz 9, 04435 Schkeuditz) with a total area of about 700 square metres is at our disposal.

We, the Leipzig LEN-Eisenbahner, will work out a varied track plan in advance and provide the basic construction for you.

51839078251_8fd58e30a7_b.jpg

Please note the changes for this year!

We would like to establish the BAUSPIELBAHN-TREFFEN (BSBT) as a network meeting of "L-gauge railway enthusiasts"; however, since the depot was already completely filled last year, and it is likely that this year even more interested people would like to attend, we have decided to change the registration process this year.

What does this mean?

This year we will probably not be able to automatically register every application as participation, but will have to make a selection from all submitted modules.

After the submission deadline, we will make a preliminary track plan and use it to decide which modules can be used. We know that some of you build especially for the BSBT and it would be a pity if these models could not be included. We will take this into account as far as possible.

We will then let you know by the end of May at the latest whether your modules can be included. We are planning on a similar number of participants as last year.

As always, we will publish the final track plan shortly before the BSBT.

51839193753_e9982c7f40_b.jpg

We are looking for LEGO train enthusiasts...

... who would like to network and are looking forward to a lively exchange among each other.

... who would like to contribute a landscape to the joint layout. This can be a station, a piece of free track (rail through landscape), a factory, a bridge or a tunnel etc.. An absolut requirement is the ability to connect with other modules

... who are keen to give their locomotives free rein.

... who have built beautiful, realistic vehicles and would like to exhibit them or have them run.

... who can bring buildings, accessories or suitable urban constructions of their own.

... with functional models or exhibits with lights, engines, etc.

It does not matter ...

... whether you build in a system (MILS, LEN, ...) or not.

... whether you use LEGO or self-built or third-party tracks.

... on which level you have built your landscape. You can submit anything from your first work to a professional model.

... whether your locomotives run with LEGO 9V, PowerFunctions, Powered Up, SBrick, Buwizz or similar.

87705-1642985215.jpg

Participants with modules / landscapes / stations, etc.

If you would like to participate with one or more modules (stations, open track, bridges, tunnels, sidings, etc.), please apply by 31 March 2022 at

87705-1642983349.png

We will then send you the application form and a planning sheet.

Please enter your module, landscape, etc. as precisely as possible in the planning sheet and return the application documents by 31 March 2022. They are essential for participation in the event and for the preparation of the track plan.

After reviewing all applications and planning a first track plan, we will send you confirmation of participation/cancellation via e-mail by 31.05.2022 at the latest.

The aim is to create a varied driving experience. Please note that we can also plan different modules separately into the layout.

!

Please use a separate planning sheet for each independent module, or several planning sheets for larger modules!

The participation fee* is 30,- Euro each. Every LEGO train fan from the age of 14 may take part.

87705-1642982984.jpg

Participants with independent layouts / mocs

You can bring layouts or models that are not part of the joint layout, too. Apply by 31.03.2022:

87705-1642983349.png

We will send you the application form. Please enter your model there, especially the size and type of model. We will arrange single models and single layouts after the track plan has been drawn up.

Please return the documents by 31.3.2022!

You will receive the venue plan with the location of your layout after the joint layout has been created.

Landscapes with already existing track circles will not be considered for the community layout. However, they are welcome as individual installations. We will send you the confirmation/cancellation of your participation by 31.05.2022.

The participation fee* is 30,- Euro.

Every LEGO railway fan from the age of 14 may take part.

87705-1642983008.jpg

Expected schedule:

Wednesday 10th: Arrival and set-up of the joint layout

Thursday11th: Set-up of the independent layouts, test drives, module presentation

Friday 12th: Public visitor day (4-6 p.m.), AFOL evening

Saturday 13th: Public visitor day (12-10 p.m.), then night rides (open end)

Sunday 14th: Public visitor day (10 a.m.-4 p.m.), then dismantling and end of event

We ourselves will be on site from Monday to Monday. Supporters for set-up and dismantling are most welcome.

Visitors:

It is not yet possible to say at this point whether the event will be open to the public. We hope that the BSBT can take place as in 2021.

More Info:

No sets!

In order to represent a broad range of building possibilities with LEGO, we ask you not to register any modules or rolling stock from purchased sets, but only your own creations!

This year again we can drive in the dark. Models with lights are very welcome!

Participant fee:

With your participation fee we finance the venue rent, the substructure of the joint layout and provide free non-alcoholic drinks for all participants.

The participation fee this year is 30,-.

LEGO train enthusiasts from the age of 14 may take part.

We are looking forward to a wonderful BSBT experience with you! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by e-mail.

Your BAUSPIELBAHN-TREFFEN 2022 Orga-Team!
Florian, Ken, Kevin, Micha, Pelle, Rik, Rio und Stefan

Retrospect BSBT2021:

You can find a wonderful review on Grimmona's channel (german language, but the pictures have their own language):

Edited by LBRICK

Welcome to Eurobricks @LBRICK. Would be nice to be able to attend. I saw most of the video reports from Grimmona over at 1000steine and they are really great. 

Welcome to Eurobricks. That's quite the invite. I wish I was still residing in Germany. I'd be signing up if I was. Best of luck on your event.

I hope to be able to come to this next year and will ask other LEGO U.K. Railway members. Would definitely like to know when sign up is for 2023 - we likely couldn’t bring one of the club layouts, so how else could we participate? We have members with a lot of locos and rolling stock, and could maybe organise some layout modules before next year. 

My review about "Bauspielbahn Treffen - BSBT 2022" LEGO Train Fan event held this summer in Schkeuditz, Leipzig, Germany. I wrote mostly about my impressions, the things I liked very much at the event, the facts suprising me about the LEGO train hobby and how are other people managing their LEGO train projects and also my conclusions about the connection between TLC and LEGO train fans.

https://mlvk.blog.hu/2022/09/08/eng_review_of_bauspielbahn_treffen