Sign in to follow this  
the Inventor

[MOC] Febrovery 2022 a story of rovers

Interstellar! I like how you've color coordinated the rovers to the minifigs. Those new alien heads are a blast.

FebRovery 2022 - 17

Did you order a Pizza, Pepper Roni's Pizza delivery service is ready to serve.

Pizza on the moon, no problem, just shout and the spy satellites will automatically send one to your door. 

Payment, no problem, it's gone from your account before you know it.

Serving the customers since 1997 (with a few takeovers in between).

Ps. Not affiliated with Blacktron, Spyrius or any other shady organization.

51885290028_70f43be13c_b.jpg

FebRovery 2022 - 17 by Ids, on Flickr

Thanks @Feuer Zug and @Brickwolf.

3 hours ago, the Inventor said:

FebRovery 2022 - 17

Did you order a Pizza, Pepper Roni's Pizza delivery service is ready to serve.

Pizza on the moon, no problem, just shout and the spy satellites will automatically send one to your door. 

Payment, no problem, it's gone from your account before you know it.

Serving the customers since 1997 (with a few takeovers in between).

Ps. Not affiliated with Blacktron, Spyrius or any other shady organization.

51885290028_70f43be13c_b.jpg

FebRovery 2022 - 17 by Ids, on Flickr

Thanks @Feuer Zug and @Brickwolf.

Haha looks like pepper discovered light speed or sudden PayPal withdrawals… I wonder if they have a pizza to go outlet store on the moon?

FebRovery 2022 - 18

A small Kalon transportation rover.

The Kalons use these to transport goods quickly around the base and landing places, they can be used inside and outside the domed cities.

A special mechanism allows the main engine to be mounted inside the drive wheel, the rest of the wheels are only added for some support/stability.

About Kalons, don't feed them any crabs from Kandor-III, unless you don't mind them tearing the place down. It is best to approach them with caution.

51888922968_a7798a1704_b.jpg

FebRovery 2022 - 18 by Ids, on Flickr

FebRovery 2022 - 19

On one of ice asteroids in the asteroid belts of the Krysto system, a small team of explorers of the Enceladus is searching for energy crystal to further their research.

This is also the first real-life test of the newly developed "Crystallization Locater", beneath the cockpit are special sensors to detect the crystals, together with the front sensors, it can detect energy crystals within a range of around 2500 meters.

The crew then proceeds to retrieve or excavate the crystals and store them in the storage containers in the back of the vehicle.

--

I really like how the cockpit came together and the weird wheel/skis configuration, just like a snow scooter.

51891009040_3149a1d84f_b.jpg

FebRovery 2022 - 19 by Ids, on Flickr

FebRovery 2022 - 20

A small reconnaissance rover used by Whitetron, called the W4r

Build for speed and maneuverability, equipped with various sensors and communication devices, to detect and alert HQ of possible intruders, or relay precious intelligence through.

Two small plasma blasters on the side are to fend off enemy's or intruders.

51892329468_923d0fa56c_b.jpg

FebRovery 2022 - 20 by Ids, on Flickr

FebRovery 2022 - 21

Everybody welcomes the new mobile communication rover when it enters the base.

The communication devices can be controlled on the back of the rover

This eight wheel drive rover has no problem with most terrain, and can climb almost any crater.

51894691219_6cb5336dce_b.jpg

FebRovery 2022 - 21 by Ids, on Flickr

FebRovery 2022 - 22

Bart: What is this, I'm gone for a few days and almost nobody takes their job serious anymore. You know we need at least 6 more days, until the month is over.
Duncan: When the boss is gone...
Bart: There is no time to relax yet.
Viva: They are training.

Bart: How is this training?
Viva: Well, Mello is defending the earth.
Bart: He plays space defender!
Viva: It's good for his reaction when piloting a space ship.

Bart: Well and that new recruit in front then? He's just playing with a game controller.
Duncan: That's a special trainings rover, to control remote rovers, we call it the 'Game Chair Rover' or GCR for short.
Viva: How does that work?
Duncan: Normally a remote rover can be controlled with the remote, I added a chair to follow the rover, so that you would never be outside the operating range of it.
Viva: Oh, interesting, it looks fun.

-- 

Just a small rover for today, with a fun scene attached.

51894883437_2cfd9d9989_b.jpg

FebRovery 2022 - 22 by Ids, on Flickr

FebRovery 2022 - 23

Blacktron II Message Disruptor Mk2.

The previous version was too slow when the Space Police came, so a new version was developed with better handling and a different wheelbase to quickly outrun the Space Police.

51896695208_7dd0a18c79_b.jpg

FebRovery 2022 - 23 by Ids, on Flickr

FebRovery 2022 - 24

The Mobile Communication Rover, or MCR is used to communicate with remote expedition teams on Hibernia, multiple MCRs can cover a very large area to establish a fast,  direct communication network without the need to rely on any base, outpost or radio mast/communication tower.

Equipped with sensors, antennas, radars and radio equipment it can also be used to detect any vehicle near the rover to assist search and rescue teams when needed and broadcast emergency message over a long range.

The secondary function is to monitor the weather and alarm nearby people of approaching storms.

--

My first Hibernia MOC, I somewhat based it on radio ships, except with tracks for land/ice.

51897579459_fb5acebc92_b.jpg

FebRovery 2022 - 24 by Ids, on Flickr

@Feuer Zug Thanks.

FebRovery 2022 - 25

The search for energy crystals continues, the Heavy Tunnelator is a new Rock Raiders vehicle, the drill can be pushed out of the vehicle to drill from a safe distance. 

An experimental function of the vehicle is that the drill can be remotely controlled from inside the cabin, and can continue to drill without being attached to the base.

--

Inspired by "The Mole" from Thunderbirds.

51903685590_0f511403cf_b.jpg

FebRovery 2022 - 25 by Ids, on Flickr

51903717985_f0186b75c9_b.jpg

Heavy Tunnelator by Ids, on Flickr

FebRovery 2022 - 26

Jim: Look at that one, that red rover.
Dave: Apparently its a Gyrojet Sidewinder.
Jim: How stable is that one, with only three wheels.
Dave: When the wheel is spinning, it is very stable.

--

When I saw this toy from my dad, I knew I had to create a Lego version of it and what better time than for FebRovery, I did add a spoiler on the back for stability (I mean looks).

And it rolls very well, better that the 1970s toy, because I used 3 actual wheels instead of 1 and 2 fake wheels on the 1970s toy.

The original toy works by pulling a rip cord next to the wheel to make it spin, I haven't added that to my version.

51904873013_45d4c9565c_b.jpg

FebRovery 2022 - 26 by Ids, on Flickr

Comparison with the 1970 SSP KENNER SIDEWINDER:

51905109654_ce39b49ed9_b.jpg

Sidewinder side by side by Ids, on Flickr

@Umbra-Manis Thanks.

Edited by the Inventor

I forgot to post one, but here are the last 2:

FebRovery 2022 - 27

The Crater Cruiser.

When the gravity is too high for your 'Bouncer' (see below), you can now also buy our improved cruiser.

Cruising over the craters like no one.

Ps. don't forget to activate the special button to improve the ground clearance for the cabin...

51905066928_6fff25149e_b.jpg

FebRovery 2022 - 27 by Ids, on Flickr

FebRovery 2022 - 28

The Spyrius Robo-Sentinel. Guarding all stolen tech by Spyrius.

Equipped with one mechanical arm (with attached laser) and a special magnet arm, to grab any M-tron or Ice Planet tech.

Controlled from within, the driver has a great view in front of it, but can also use the eyes of the Robo-Sentinel. The Robo-Sentinel also has an autonomous guard mode to spot any intruders within sensor range.

--
For this Spyrius build, I changed the trans-neon green with orange, and red for the visors of the figs, I also added dark red as a new accent color.

51906615982_dd3d3e36c6_b.jpg

FebRovery 2022 - 28 by Ids, on Flickr

51908216875_038f39a1ce_b.jpg

Robo-Sentinel by Ids, on Flickr

@Feuer ZugThanks, I'm very happy with how much it resembles the original.

Awesome :). I really like that there's a setting/story for each one. Great pictures too.

Thanks for looking, I also really like the combination of the dome taxi, always fun to use some old pieces.