Sign in to follow this  
the Inventor

[MOC] Febrovery 2022 a story of rovers

Bart Seeker: guys, I said cleanup, not play around. The event is almost starting, stop playing with those rovers of last year.

Duncan, I don't think they are listening, Bart.

MAGS: what am I doing here?

Jim: look, he's chasing Benny and that other guy.

Viva: good luck Mello.

Come join, Febrovery '22 (https://flic.kr/g/hgEjw).

Reference "The Unknown Galaxy": https://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=539126

51853634518_34e6910eb3_b.jpg

Cleanup for Febrovery 2022 by Ids, on Flickr

In this topic I will post the rovers for Febrovery 2022.

--

Updated 2022-03-01:

Here are all 28 rover build this year:

51907681243_74c646a75a_b.jpg

FebRovery 2022 by Ids, on Flickr

Edited by the Inventor

FebRovery 2022 - 01

"Delivery for Mr Bart Seeker."

Bart: That's me.
Trans Galactic Post Officer (TGPO): Please sign here.
Bart: Your late, a day too late.
TGPO: Well at least not a whole month like this other package I have to deliver. But it can't be helped, those delays, everybody should just visit the store instead of ordering everything online.

Jim: How does that package fit inside?
TGPO: quantum physics my boy. 
Jim and Bart: ?
TGPO: It's bigger on the inside, the interior is a whole separate dimension containing an infinite number of corridors and storage spaces.
Jim and Bart: ?
TGPO: Just like a TARDIS.
Bart: A what?
TGPO: Time And Relative Dimension In Space. Just watch Doctor Who, I have other delivery's to make...

51855567771_9f6d4478ed_b.jpg

FebRovery 2022 - 01 by Ids, on Flickr

FebRovery 2022 - 02

Jim: Look him go.

Viva: Yeah apparently he got it yesterday and has been turning circles on the base floor this whole morning.

Jim: So that was the package from yesterday, an "Auto Balancing Base Rover".

Viva: Bart had Duncan put it together though, it was delivered as a ready-to-assemble rover from some Swedish company.

51856451597_3469cb481e_b.jpg

FebRovery 2022 - 02 by Ids, on Flickr

--
Today, just a small build which totally isn't a space Segway.

@Operacion Saturno Mechtober, Marchikoma, maybe more. :laugh:

Edited by the Inventor

FebRovery 2022 - 03

The new recruits had to take one of the automated taxis to get to the base, unfortunately the monorail had broken down recently.

Just don't jam the signal to the taxi central (or use it while a solar storm is active) or you might just end up in the wrong place, "no money back".

Luckily for the new recruits they all seem to have made it today.

Bart and Jim were already waiting for them to arrive.

51858129269_733f1f4740_b.jpg

FebRovery 2022 - 03 by Ids, on Flickr

FebRovery 2022 - 04

Today Jim and Dave will use their new Planetary Radar Rover Mk2, to explore some hidden sectors and rarely visited places.

Equipped with a powerful radar system, the co-driver can track all movement around them and monitor the various surroundings to gather data.

Duncan: Good luck and be careful on the excursion Jim.

Jim: Thanks, I'll be careful.

Duncan: Don't cause any trouble for Dave, like last time for Jane, she still hasn't recovered fully.

Jim: I can't help it that the Kalons almost started a war about the crabs of Kandor-III (see: Crab fishing on Kandor-III). Who would know that they went mad when I offered them a bite and started attacking everybody.

Ducan: Well maybe, just don't interact too much with the locals, let Dave handle it.

51858005446_10a3564f44_b.jpg

FebRovery 2022 - 04 by Ids, on Flickr

Edited by the Inventor

FebRovery 2022 - 05

A new grappler control rover has been developed by the 
UCT (Universal Carrier and Transportation) department of the federation. 

This marks the third iteration after two other trial runs:
1: https://flic.kr/p/2kyFSce
2: https://flic.kr/p/2kDUZhg

Mello had been given the order to let one of the new recruits use this new rover to move some barrels. He didn't pick the right one for the job.

Mello: Aaah, don't crush the barrels!

When Mello was screaming, Viva arrived to the scene.

Viva: Mello, how could you pick him for the job, he's got one eye, how was he supposed to see depth...

And so the test ended for the day, how to clean this mysterious goo from the barrels that started spreading  around the base.

51862196809_b7fb718523_b.jpg

FebRovery 2022 - 05 by Ids, on Flickr

FebRovery 2022 - 06

After the mess Mello and the new recruit made yesterday with the new grappler control rover, the decontamination squad had to be called in. 

Together with their new Robo Cleaner Rover they started cleaning the base.

The base was unusable for the rest of the day and everybody had been send to their quarters and some that were present when the accident happened had to be sent to decontamination before being send to their quarters.

51860905472_c30facaf75_b.jpg

FebRovery 2022 - 06 by Ids, on Flickr

Edited by the Inventor

FebRovery 2022 - 07

Everything is clean again and the staff can return to base.

The new digger rover was also just delivered and makes it way to base.

To work alongside the Shovel Buggy and Space Dozer, this new digger has higher ground clearance and is very maneuverable, although real life practice needs to demonstrate how stable it is.

One thing is for sure it's fun to drive around.

51867598006_2f88636511_b.jpg

FebRovery 2022 - 07 by Ids, on Flickr

FebRovery 2022 - 08

While driving along the main highway Jim and Dave noticed something behind them was fast approaching, when looking back they saw an angular black rover being chased by the Space Police.

--

The Blacktron Instigator is a fast 2 person rover, to quickly disturb any activity they deem necessary to disturb. 

51869533604_a0989a5bcb_b.jpg

FebRovery 2022 - 08 by Ids, on Flickr

FebRovery 2022 - 09

Meeting tips for a busy Futuron worker:

1. Prepare all documents for the meeting.
  2. Have the agenda ready.
  3. Invite the right people.
  4. Schedule at a time which is convenient for all participants.
  5. Don't be late.
  6. Don't forget to charge your electric rover when you have a business meeting the next day.
  7. Have a backup in case you forgot about the previous point...
  8. Have another backup in case the monorail has broken down and that was your backup.
  9. Don't miss the automated taxi when it arrives because you were distracted by your phone.
  10. Well I don't know anymore, you just have bad luck...

51870259185_3e731e7b0b_b.jpg

FebRovery 2022 - 09 by Ids, on Flickr

Edited by the Inventor

FebRovery 2022 - 10

On their way to the Gravity Games, Jim and Dave had to wait for the M-Tron to clear the road. 

A large carrier had broken down and an M-Tron magnet-lift rover had to move all freight to another one.

--
First time trying some updated color scheme for M-Tron.

This one really needs that weight (Brick, Modified 2 x 6 x 2 Weight) at the back, otherwise it would tip over.

51873933990_5438276cda_b.jpg

FebRovery 2022 - 10 by Ids, on Flickr

I like the M-Tron rover. Magnetic forklift idea is cool. And I completely see the need for the boat weight in the back for stability.

FebRovery 2022 - 11

The mobile observation rover 'Zenith'. 

Equipped with many sensors, radars and antenna, to investigate and observe.

The direct communication with space station Zenon is done by the rotating and extendable communication device on top of the vehicle, to have the highest data transfer possible.

But it can also communicate with the various satellites in orbit when a direct line of sight is not possible.

51874799768_f063bb680b_b.jpg

FebRovery 2022 - 11 by Ids, on Flickr

@Feuer ZugThanks.

FebRovery 2022 - 12

The light platform repair rover, or LPRR, is used to fixe all those broken lights along the main road and local landing spots.

Jim asked Dave to look at it while the replace a broken light. He had never seen that before coming here.

The rover is controlled by a swivel chair attached to one leg and may only be operated by robots, especially when standing on the platform during driving.

Earlier versions of the rover could go up and down, but budget cuts have made its way into the planning and maintenance department.

This has let to an LPRR that is fixed in height, to easily fix the lights, although it can only be reloaded back at the base.

It can be operated for extended period of times, due to the robot operatives and the storage compartment of lights located below the platform.

51875620962_524f8aa2d5_b.jpg

FebRovery 2022 - 12 by Ids, on Flickr

FebRovery 2022 - 13

The Heavy Rocket Transport is used by the Federation to launch new and improved communication satellites in orbit.

The crew of two can find the optimal launch site with all the sensor equipment on board and can even fine tune the rocket fuel to launch the rocket with the optimal conditions.

A scout flies ahead to clear the launch site for the imminent launch of the rocket.

--

Well, the weekend was here and I finally had some time to build some bigger rover for FebRovery, I'm fairly happy with the results of this Neo-Classic space rocket transport.

51879359910_83f599be40_b.jpg

FebRovery 2022 - 13 by Ids, on Flickr

FebRovery 2022 - 14

Jim and Dave are halted at the Space Police checkpoint.

Talking with Dave the Police officer tells that they are looking for a Blacktron Spy signaled around this area, if they proceed, they should be cautious for any suspicious rover they see.

--

The Space Police Trike, is a multipurpose investigation rover, equipped with search lights and a cockpit with a clear view at the front and sides.

51879803572_a2920914b1_b.jpg

FebRovery 2022 - 14 by Ids, on Flickr

@LEGO Train 12 Volts Thanks, I always try to add appropriate figs to the scene to enhance it.

FebRovery 2022 - 15

Jim: The police officer said to be on the lookout for suspicious rovers right.
Dave: Yes, she did.
Jim: That one looks rather suspicious.

The capsule rover is a special high pressure rover, which can even be used in the deep sea, which is needed to reach the city of An-Ra, at the bottom of lake Stella-Maris.

--

Well this cockpit gave me some trouble photographing it, the reflections were not normal, especially as I wanted to show the fig inside...

51881859542_44b881377f_b.jpg

FebRovery 2022 - 15 by Ids, on Flickr

FebRovery 2022 - 16

After selling almost all the crabs of Kandor-III (see: Crab fishing on Kandor-III) for profit, the Chromians, bought a new rover.

The Murasaki-II is a special vehicle made by SynTron Heavy Industries based on Earth (who also makes civilian vehicles since 2146).

The six wheeled drive provides excellent traction on any surface, and the special tires used, make it also very light.

With the front to back cockpit design, you get a clear view of the surroundings and the sky (especially when you have eyestalks, body modifications are discouraged by the manufacturer though).

The cockpit is made from a special transparent solar panel, to make sure your rover is never without power.

This custom version of the rover features extra chrome details, specially made for the Chromians.

The normal version is for sale this summer, starting prices from 98.765.432,10 credits (no Tax included), for sale at your nearest dealer.

Ps. Dropship delivery will cost extra.

51884717306_cde1b48256_b.jpg

FebRovery 2022 - 16 by Ids, on Flickr