Veynom

[MOC] Steve Roger Rogers

My latest build: Steve Roger Rogers, improbable crossover between a BI Battle droid and the famous Captain America. Which version do you prefer ? Light or dark ? Marvel or Star Wars? Round shield or vintage shield?

51851701541_ba37757295_c.jpg
Steve Roger Rogers by Veynom, on Flickr

After seeing a couple of weeks ago a meme about this, and remembering some cool instructions to make battle droids, I decided to build the meme with bricks.

I started with the light blue version, as more bricks are easily available in that color and it was therefore easier.
51850739367_a726a3db66_c.jpg

The shield was the real challenge and required quite a few trials and errors. At first, I did not want the easy solution of the pre-print shield from Lego. Besides, when I finally got it, I realised the colors were not matching. I tried multiple brickbuild versions but macaroni tiles do not exist in the needed colors and size. Ultimately, I remembered that Cap also used a different shield shape in the early era. So I built that one instead and loved it. Note that one of my shield attempts resulted in the small grey socles. Not everything was lost in the end.

51852027519_06a20209ae_c.jpg

51850739382_71759042ed_c.jpg

As I had purchased the printed shield anyway, I tried to build a dark blue version of Captain America. I played a bit more with the colors by swapping bricks here and there but in the end, it also looks cool.

51851701526_68d6a51e01_c.jpg

51852027544_a7ab3dc643_c.jpg

51851701556_2465062495_c.jpg

Now, I have 2 small statues, quite colored, original and highly flexible to display.

51851701531_3f86ffa944_c.jpg

A few words about the markings:

• The "A" on the head, and the horizontal lines come from a very old dry transfer sheet from Verling (people who did scale modeling in the 90s should remember). 
  • The 3 stars on the old shield and the star on the torse of the dark blue version are cut in a simple white sticker. 
  • The 1x1 round tile and the round shield are printed bricks from TLC.

I hope you enjoyed this little build.

Hey, @Veynom if Steve Rodgers is a Separatist B1 Battle Droid, then what in the world would Red Skull be? R5-D4 or R-3PO, perhaps? (because of red color paint / plating?)

The world needs to know these answers! :grin:

(Awesome MOCs by the way!)

Edited by Murdoch17

These are so much fun. I don't see too much love for the classic battle droid nowadays, so these are quite welcome for me. One question however: How flexible are they? Both droids look very poseable, although I didn't know if pieces might fall off if you're trying to pose them a certain way (those hands, for instance, look like a single-stud connection).

16 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

Hey, @Veynom if Steve Rodgers is a Separatist B1 Battle Droid, then what in the world would Red Skull be? R5-D4 or R-3PO, perhaps? (because of red color paint / plating?)

The world needs to know these answers! :grin:

(Awesome MOCs by the way!)

Ah, uh .... good question. ;)

Maybe a black or dark green 3PO body with a dark red head ?

8 minutes ago, Mr Maniac said:

These are so much fun. I don't see too much love for the classic battle droid nowadays, so these are quite welcome for me. One question however: How flexible are they? Both droids look very poseable, although I didn't know if pieces might fall off if you're trying to pose them a certain way (those hands, for instance, look like a single-stud connection).

Thank you.

They are quite flexible. No issue with the legs, torso, head for example. 

Concerning the arms, the should/arm junction point is the weakest point, mainly because the grey bar from the shoulder is fixed inside the blue 2x2 dish but cannot go to far because it is blocked by the upper arm grey bar (the one covered by the blue 1x1 rond tile ), so sometimes it falls off when moving the arm. But one in place, it is fine.

Then, the elbow is a bit weak. The lack of friction prevents some position, like holding the shield against gravity. Everything else works fine. Hands are strong, 1 stud is enough for the shield to be hold.

On 1/31/2022 at 4:24 PM, TeddytheSpoon said:

This is great, very fun concept. Is he designed to go up against @BarfolomewMog's battle mechs? :laugh:

Well, yes. They are designed to go up and lose against that battle mech. ;) 

On 2/2/2022 at 5:47 AM, Veynom said:

They are designed to go up and lose against that battle mech. ;) 

I don't know man, this is getting out of hand! Now there are two of them!

So if Captain America is a battle droid who’s the rest of the 2012 avengers? Here’s what I think:

Iron man could be a red and gold astromech droid (iron-D2)

the hulk could be a big green GNK (gonk) droid (the gonk)

black widow could be an IG series assassin droid (IG-widow)

hawkeye could be a commando battle droid (droid eye)

And Thor could be a protocol droid (C-ThorPO)

7 hours ago, Wolfpackfan99 said:

So if Captain America is a battle droid who’s the rest of the 2012 avengers? Here’s what I think:

Iron man could be a red and gold astromech droid (iron-D2)

the hulk could be a big green GNK (gonk) droid (the gonk)

black widow could be an IG series assassin droid (IG-widow)

hawkeye could be a commando battle droid (droid eye)

And Thor could be a protocol droid (C-ThorPO)

Some pretty ideas there.

But for Hulk, on TBB, they suggested to use a B2 battle droid instead. :)

But the million dollar's question is: Vision. As he is already a droid, how should we represent him?

23 minutes ago, Veynom said:

Some pretty ideas there.

But for Hulk, on TBB, they suggested to use a B2 battle droid instead. :)

But the million dollar's question is: Vision. As he is already a droid, how should we represent him?

I think vision could be a purple protocol droid with a yellow cape (C-3vision?)

This is awesome! What a great crossover SW Marvel build. I wish I had instructions.