STHLM

[MOC] Brown corner tower house

The idea for the round roof has literally been on a shelf and collected dust since October 2020 when I started building a theater. The arch to the backyard is built a little diagonally.

51846540094_2805480590_b.jpg
[MOC] Brown corner tower house by Nybohov Creation Ltd., on Flickr

The sides of the octagonal tower are five studs. It would have been easy to use the 3 studs wide windows, but I like to build a bit more difficult. It may not be that common with a door in the tower, but I wanted to test if it was possible.
51845242817_5231322d42_c.jpg

Happy girl.
51846914110_876fd5be2e_c.jpg

Sad giutarist.
51846173476_355756e86c_c.jpg

51846540054_e0c0f4bcb5_c.jpg

I took this picture while I was working on a solution. There are arches throughout the building that are fixed at one end. The portal sits 4 studs from the gable at the front and 2 studs from the gable at the back. The house is 13 studs deep and the walls 2 studs thick (the first two arches are parts of the wall). At a length of nine studs, the arches are displaced 2 studs laterally. The middle arch sits on a stud, so in practice four arches move one stud laterally. As so often when I want to make small shifts, it is the company Clips & Bars that applies.

51849944079_408dfde92f_c.jpg

Construction of the round roof.
By no. 1 it's two layers ofHinge Plate 1 x 4 Swivel (2429c01).
By no. 2 there's a Brick, Modified 1 x 1 with Open O Clip (Vertical Grip) (30241b).
By no. 3 there's a Plate, Modified 1 x 1 with Open O Clip Thick (Vertical Grip) (4085d).
51849476801_3f49927920_c.jpg

Credit to Ralf Langer for the idea for the roof.

He's always building! This is outstanding. So many great techniques throughout, those snot window frames, the octagonal corner, that domed roof and the nougat and reddish brown go so well together. Once again your mini builds are fantastic as well, those birds! And showing your design for the round roof is so very cool, masterful techniques and construction. Absolutely brilliant!

Impressive mix of building techniques and a cozy design! The build for the guitarist is perfect haha (As well as him sitting on a speed limit sign) :laugh_hard: 

Lots of nice techniques and touches. I like the lamppost design especially the fig on top! It's a shame the archway isn't easier to see, it's an effective technique. I would definitely use it again sometime maybe in a grander scale so it can be more appreciated. I like the colour choices as always. Well done!

On 1/29/2022 at 8:11 PM, koalayummies said:

He's always building! This is outstanding. So many great techniques throughout, those snot window frames, the octagonal corner, that domed roof and the nougat and reddish brown go so well together. Once again your mini builds are fantastic as well, those birds! And showing your design for the round roof is so very cool, masterful techniques and construction. Absolutely brilliant!

Thanks! I sometimes borrow from others, so I like to give credit and to share my techniques.

On 1/30/2022 at 3:02 PM, ExeSandbox said:

Impressive mix of building techniques and a cozy design! The build for the guitarist is perfect haha (As well as him sitting on a speed limit sign) :laugh_hard: 

Thank you! Well, haven't we all stealed a traffic sign to improve the interior design in real life?

21 hours ago, snaillad said:

Lots of nice techniques and touches. I like the lamppost design especially the fig on top! It's a shame the archway isn't easier to see, it's an effective technique. I would definitely use it again sometime maybe in a grander scale so it can be more appreciated. I like the colour choices as always. Well done!

Thanks! The by far most popular of my photos on Flickr is one with lampposts. I've put some lampposts in this album: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmP94Cp5

I agree that the archway is a bit hidden, but I'm afraid that's the nature of an archway.

13 hours ago, jalemac34 said:

Very nice build, very technical, thanks for the tips ;)

Thank you! Sharing is caring, right?

On 2/3/2022 at 3:32 PM, _TLG_ said:

Nice build and cool roof technique on the tower!

Thanks! 

Wow, I really like this building! The windows (the normal ones and the one for the cellar) and the sitting man are awesome details!

15 hours ago, Gabor said:

Wow, I really like this building! The windows (the normal ones and the one for the cellar) and the sitting man are awesome details!

Thank you! I'm glad you like it.