mcphatty

Din’s New N1 Starfighter

55 minutes ago, Hold0511 said:

We need a Grogu sized silver ball for his tiny hands....

+1

unfortunately, the tiny hands can't grab anything. You'd have to glue it on which is of course anathema.

This is so crazy guys, rebrickable has been spammed with moc versions of that thing. I counted at least 13 or 14 different ones (not counting multiple versions by the same person) on the first 2 pages of hottest mocs for a week or two. Like there was nothing else left to build from LEGO. Actually that's how I got spoilered that there will be an appearance in the new Bobby Fat series. Darn.

Edit:
I just looked on rebrickable's hottest mocs again:
page 1: 7
page 2: 6
page 3: 5
page 4: 3
thats 20 N1 mocs only there.
I think I need to build a Bulldozer or a Pirate ship right now!

Edited by recklessGlitch

8 hours ago, recklessGlitch said:

This is so crazy guys, rebrickable has been spammed with moc versions of that thing. I counted at least 13 or 14 different ones (not counting multiple versions by the same person) on the first 2 pages of hottest mocs for a week or two. Like there was nothing else left to build from LEGO. Actually that's how I got spoilered that there will be an appearance in the new Bobby Fat series. Darn.

Edit:
I just looked on rebrickable's hottest mocs again:
page 1: 7
page 2: 6
page 3: 5
page 4: 3
thats 20 N1 mocs only there.
I think I need to build a Bulldozer or a Pirate ship right now!

Do a kick-megablocks dumpster truck 😎

Here's my humble contribution to this bandwagon, bit more angular than many Mocs of it and I kind of wish now I'd used cones for the engine noses. I was aiming for as much of a studless/snot look as possible:

640x640.jpg

640x640.jpg

640x640.jpg

640x640.jpg

640x640.jpg

640x640.jpg

I know I've already posted, but:

51899915008_3e16caeaf0_z.jpg

51899915068_87318ea18e_z.jpg

After I uploaded the first version, I kept on finding things to improve. I think I'm done now.

Notable improvements:
- Grogu's dome now fits a minifig (at the expense of being too large but that's minifigs for you)
- Better angle and detail on the front of the wings
- Better solution for the tail
- More detail on the engines

There's a couple more photos in this album, where you can also see my first set of photos for a before/after comparison.

Edited by ScottishDave
Remove accidental spoiler tag

On 2/23/2022 at 7:42 PM, ScottishDave said:

I know I've already posted, but:

After I uploaded the first version, I kept on finding things to improve. I think I'm done now.

Notable improvements:
- Grogu's dome now fits a minifig (at the expense of being too large but that's minifigs for you)
- Better angle and detail on the front of the wings
- Better solution for the tail
- More detail on the engines

There's a couple more photos in this album, where you can also see my first set of photos for a before/after comparison.

Love your detailing on the engines and hull - I like those little odds and pieces which make all the difference to the eye - great job.

Ideally the best front cone shape those shop needs is a 4x4 cone with hollow hole that is 1 stud tall making a 3x3 center hole instead of a 2x2. Not saying I would like to customize that piece, but I think it would drastically improve the ship on all the mods people are designing. The new art LEGO uses for the new ship is nice, but the ship cuts off the cone not round out the front engine intake. 

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=4742#T=S&C=85&O={"color":85,"iconly":0}

On 2/25/2022 at 4:10 PM, Hold0511 said:

Love your detailing on the engines and hull - I like those little odds and pieces which make all the difference to the eye - great job.

Thank you for the kind words! I had a lot of fun & some frustration adding the details: I'm glad someone appreciated it :-).

3 hours ago, cehnot said:

Ideally the best front cone shape those shop needs is a 4x4 cone with hollow hole that is 1 stud tall making a 3x3 center hole instead of a 2x2. Not saying I would like to customize that piece, but I think it would drastically improve the ship on all the mods people are designing. The new art LEGO uses for the new ship is nice, but the ship cuts off the cone not round out the front engine intake. 

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=4742#T=S&C=85&O={"color":85,"iconly":0}

I did consider that part you linked but decided that making it curved was more important. I think the actual front is rounded enough to justify that.

I agree that a 1 brick tall hollow cone  would be best, as you describe: but I'd also like it slightly rounded - more of a dome than a cone.

The new official set is using a new part as you pointed out - and it looks like it might be hollow? I can't quite tell from the box art but it looks like the center is an existing part, a printed round modified tile. If it is hollow all the way through, I plan on using it may be the best option we'll get 

The part is recessed 1 or 2 plates. They used a transparent blue for another set this month and it shows studs in the center. 

ScottishDave do you have a link or anything to build yours? Awesome job btw!

Edited by herrodanyo

Thanks @herrodanyo - that you want to build it is quite a compliment!

Sadly, no: I don't have an instructions file, and I have no plans to make one. It's mainly based on @Inthert's model, sold by @BrickVault. I don't want to tread on the toes of either of those fine gentlemen.

However, you can get very close if you build that model in grey and then keep modding.

Most of what I did is pretty obvious, and I'm always willing to help with non obvious bits.

As a starter for 10, the weirdest bits are:

The bar of minifig hands on the leading edge of the wings is the sketchiest thing I've ever done in Lego, being just jammed in there and held on by friction.

The pipes leading to the turbonic venturi power assimilator are also pretty suss, being some space blasters wedged under the curved slopes.

There's a (genuine Lego) rubber band on the tail, and the cut away section on the right hand side uses cut old dark grey hoses.

The stickers are from a "golden yellow" a4 vinyl sheet bought from eBay. It's a perfect match for Lego yellow :-).

5 minutes ago, ScottishDave said:

Thanks @herrodanyo - that you want to build it is quite a compliment!

Sadly, no: I don't have an instructions file, and I have no plans to make one. It's mainly based on @Inthert's model, sold by @BrickVault. I don't want to tread on the toes of either of those fine gentlemen.

However, you can get very close if you build that model in grey and then keep modding.

Most of what I did is pretty obvious, and I'm always willing to help with non obvious bits.

As a starter for 10, the weirdest bits are:

The bar of minifig hands on the leading edge of the wings is the sketchiest thing I've ever done in Lego, being just jammed in there and held on by friction.

The pipes leading to the turbonic venturi power assimilator are also pretty suss, being some space blasters wedged under the curved slopes.

There's a (genuine Lego) rubber band on the tail, and the cut away section on the right hand side uses cut old dark grey hoses.

The stickers are from a "golden yellow" a4 vinyl sheet bought from eBay. It's a perfect match for Lego yellow :-).

This made me spill my tea -  I spent ages the other day thinking about what fiendish way you had put the hands in.......what's the Holmes quotation about eliminating the impossible, and whatever remains, no matter how improbable....

1 hour ago, Hold0511 said:

@azanderk has updated his N1 model to his V2 design - looks great and worth checking out - https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-99932/azanderk/din-djarins-n-1-starfighter/#details

My apologies for the poor engine alignment especially on the right one - but you get the gist of the model.

IMG_2612.jpg

Weird! just finished building mine last night. After a long time deliberating and finally seeing the comedy Lego version I went for this one too. Especially as it uses official Lego metallic pieces and no spraying needed. I made a few tweaks and there is a bit of a weakness up front with the undercarriage due to the way the wing slope is implemented but it is an amazing model to look at. The engines are insane to build but are strong once it’s all in. 

edit: I don’t think the engines in your pic are right. The red pieces should overlap the piece next to it.  I will take some pics of mine later

Edited by LDigital

4 hours ago, LDigital said:

Weird! just finished building mine last night. After a long time deliberating and finally seeing the comedy Lego version I went for this one too. Especially as it uses official Lego metallic pieces and no spraying needed. I made a few tweaks and there is a bit of a weakness up front with the undercarriage due to the way the wing slope is implemented but it is an amazing model to look at. The engines are insane to build but are strong once it’s all in. 

edit: I don’t think the engines in your pic are right. The red pieces should overlap the piece next to it.  I will take some pics of mine later

Yup Azanderk flagged that - I'm going to re-do the engines given the right one fell off when I added the left one (hence the out of alignment bars) so I'll fix that then.  I'll use the official  Lego version for my little lad as it needs to be very swoosh-able and just replace any LBG parts with the slivers I have spare.

Update - quick fettle - rightie needs more work on the bars which I keep moving when I attach it - left one looks decent now I think.

IMG_2641.jpg

Edited by Hold0511

hi all, i've worked a lot on this because i love this ship and tried to make my best on it

51920363401_453804830d_k.jpg

51972752159_ca380b387d_k.jpg

more pics (i'll add some others) on my Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152734688@N06/albums/72177720297148686/
and instructions avaiable on Rebrickable:
https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-104193/Rustinidiel/din-djarins-n1-starfighter-modified/#details

i hope you like it (i really like any suggestions and criticisms)

P.S.: we need Grogu head in Studio, i've tried to "recreate" it in a funny way :laugh:

Edited by Rustinidiel

2 hours ago, Rustinidiel said:

hi all, i've worked a lot on this because i love this ship and tried to make my best on it

51920363401_453804830d_k.jpg

51919397107_28c2233cb6_k.jpg

more pics (i'll add some others) on my Flickr:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152734688@N06/albums/72177720297148686/
and instructions avaiable on Rebrickable:
https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-104193/Rustinidiel/din-djarins-n1-starfighter-modified/#details

i hot you like it (i really like any suggestions and criticisms)

P.S.: we need Grogu head in Studio, i've tried to "recreate" it in a funny way :laugh:

Fantastic. If I hadn’t already built a version 2 days ago I would have a hard time passing in this one. How stable is it?

1 hour ago, LDigital said:

Fantastic. If I hadn’t already built a version 2 days ago I would have a hard time passing in this one. How stable is it?

thanks for your appreciation!

i haven't built it in real life for now, but the structure is solid and stable.
maybe a couple of little detail on surface are weak, but it is playable

3 hours ago, Rustinidiel said:

thanks for your appreciation!

i haven't built it in real life for now, but the structure is solid and stable.
maybe a couple of little detail on surface are weak, but it is playable

Looks great, with lots of nice detailing and a lovely overall shape.  Love to see it in real bricks.