mcphatty

Din’s New N1 Starfighter

Morning all. Yesterday a lot of people got very excited about Mando’s new ride, I’ve never seen so many MOCs of a new ship pop up so fast. Its an extremely cool little fighter and I’ve really enjoyed seeing the different ideas and techniques that have gone into the MOCs so I thought I’d start a thread for us to share our favourites or our own attempts.

My favourite so far is by @azanderk. It’s a reworking of LLep’s version of the N1, the details are brilliant.

800x604.jpg

Here’s my micro version, using a few less pieces.

1280x960.jpg

Edited by mcphatty

Very nice. I love how they did the tail.

I saw another good one posted on reddit earlier.

I take no credit for this, it’s not mine

https://www.mecabricks.com/en/models/GejelWP32KX#jLYwqD

I wonder what the Lego one will be like and who builds the definitive display version. 

Edit: The title of the thread is a little bit of a spoiler. Might be worth calling it Din’s new toy or something lol

Edited by LDigital

Thanks for sharing!  I had way too much fun with this one.  It's great to see such an iconic ship return, regardless of how impractical it may be for a certain profession.  Hot rod starships is a really cool concept.  Is the Falcon the only other mainstream heavily modded ship out there?   

5 hours ago, azanderk said:

Thanks for sharing!  I had way too much fun with this one.  It's great to see such an iconic ship return, regardless of how impractical it may be for a certain profession.  Hot rod starships is a really cool concept.  Is the Falcon the only other mainstream heavily modded ship out there?   

The Azure Angel as well.

I wonder what the backseat bubble cockpit will be used for?

"Oh no they've got us in a tractor beam! Wait—is that a little green guy?!"

Sorry about the title, I was banking on ‘N1’ being a niche enough reference that anyone who hadn’t seen the episode wouldn’t get it, I’ve edited as suggested now.

@azanderk Star Wars is littered with heavily modified ships but I think you might be right, the Falcon is the only mainstream one, maybe the Ghost from Rebels too since that was modified for stealth. From old Legends comics, games and books there’s also ‘uglies’ and TIE Experimental fighters, which were standard fighters modified in unusual ways, looking them up will kill a few hours :)

@LDigital That version by M2M was probably one of the first. I spotted it on Reddit, there’s so many now, it’s truly amazing how this ship has inspired so much creativity, I love it!

Here’s M2M’s plus lots of other good quality versions from Reddit, some cheating with silver renders and paint but they still look excellent.

1280x930.jpeg

1280x1383.jpeg

1280x778.jpeg

1280x778.jpeg

1280x795.jpeg

1280x1037.jpeg

1280x778.jpeg

1280x1275.jpeg

Edited by mcphatty

Wow! These are all great. I'm working on mine right now. Can someone identify the cannon housing piece in picture number two of the seventh picture?

Wow, these are all awesome. I can't wait until someone drops a huge and super detailed UCS style MOC. These Mando vehicles are killing me! But the Razorcrest needs company!

I kinda missed this thread initially. So let me add my design as well.

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

More details/images are in the separate thread I created here: 

Here are the latest renders and test build from my Rebrickable page.

naboo-starfighter-lengthened-new-bubble.

naboo-starfighter-lengthened-new-bubble-

naboo-starfighter-lengthened-new-bubble-

IMG-3824.jpg

Edited by azanderk

These are all really cool. Love seeing how everyone has a slightly different take on the engines and what I'm going to call the supercharger (the thing in frobt of the cockpit)

On 2/1/2022 at 3:44 AM, azanderk said:

Here are the latest renders and test build from my Rebrickable page.

Did you have a link to it? 

A bunch of awesome builds. Ships that have been modified and/or aren't entirely sleek are always my favourites to see built in lego. Theres a reason everyone and their mother has their own take on the Millennium Falcon.

Spoiler

Well, since we know there has to be space for a (tiny) passenger in the droid pod, i expect some updates in the near future. :grin:

On 2/9/2022 at 1:50 PM, m4st3rt3ch said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Well, since we know there has to be space for a (tiny) passenger in the droid pod, i expect some updates in the near future. :grin:

@azanderk.  has this already covered - press the button Mando!

IMG_0192.JPG