Stoffer70

Color Explosion

This colorful LEGO mosaic of mine was made in Jan. 2022.

https://flic.kr/p/2mZhC7j

https://flic.kr/p/2mZiVri

51844111438_ab5d945379_z.jpgColor Explosion by c.behrens, on Flickr

It is made of 4 x 9 = 36 stk. 32 x 32 LEGO baseplates. It gives a total of 36.864 studs or 1 x 1 LEGO bricks. It measures 102 x 230 cm.
I have used bricks and not plates. There is used a total of ca. 18 kg LEGO bricks included baseplates.
It contains a total of 64 different colored LEGO bricks. It was my goal to get as many different LEGO colors in it as possible. The brand new 2022 color Neon Yellow is also in it. And also the color Light Nougat that is new in basic bricks is in it.
It even contains a Metallic Silver brick in the middle and also a 1 x 1 brick in Pearl Gold rains as stardust over the artist name. In the middle there is a ring of "fire" that is made of the brick color Glow In Dark White. That way the picture attracts attention even in the night.

The picture has the working title of Color Explosion, but I have 21 suggestion for new / better / other titles:

1. Ring of Fire (Refers to the glow in the night)
2. Color Explosion
3. Life is in Colors
4. Big Bang
5. The Creation
6. LEGO Colors
7. LEGO Explosion
8. Colors
9. Color Circle
10. Paletton
11. RGB (RGB stands for the three primary colors red, green and blue)
12. Color wheel
13. Color art
14. HOT
15. Colored
16. Orgasm
17. Genesis
18. Colorpalette
19. Colorful
20. 64 (Refers to the total number of colors)
21. The picture with the many names.

The picture hangs in my bedroom at the end of my bed. In that way I have a beautiful "sunrise" every morning and it reminds me of the creation of the world, the big bang, - or the beginning of a new and wonderful day. And it also reminds me that life comes in many colors and shades. There are sad gray days and those wonderful bright days where everything shines. Lifes ups and downs.
In the evening when I go tired to bed it reminds my of, that it would be nice with a lovely colorful and explosive orgasm. :pir_laugh2:
So you understand that it is a nice colorful picture to have in my bedroom.

What do you think of it? Do you have a good name for it? Or what name do you find the best?
Please comment and post below!

Leg godt!

Christoffer Behrens - Denmark

Member of Byggepladen.dk

Edited by Stoffer70

4. Brick Bang

WOW: 230cm of lego, and bricks not plates / tiles !!  ultra-WOW

And very inspiring; adding Lego mosaic to my to do list

Looks very good, well thought out. Roy G Biv would be proud.

Actually think it looks so cool, I think I will tinker with something similar, on a much smaller scale though, quite inspirational, thanks.

Wow, neat! Reminds me of the Death Star explosion.

2 hours ago, bitbamboo said:

4. Brick Bang

So mad you got to this first. But yes. I mean, it has to be this.

This is gorgeous! Most Lego mosaics I tend to see at conventions are more or less purely representational (recreating things like a photograph, comics panel, or movie poster), which used to impress me a bit but doesn't always lend itself to continued innovation (if you've seen one, you pretty much know what to expect from others). But something abstract like this, where the objective is less to represent something specific and more to create a vibrant art piece with as many colors as possible... I've never seen anything quite like it!

7 hours ago, bitbamboo said:

4. Brick Bang

WOW: 230cm of lego, and bricks not plates / tiles !!  ultra-WOW

And very inspiring; adding Lego mosaic to my to do list

You are a genius sir!

Brick Bang is a really cool and LEGO - funny name for it. 

THANK YOU!

Im glad that I can inspire you. And yes, Mosaik is quit funny to work with. Do try it out.  

I remember 15-20 years ago Lego looked like this. We had only bricks and our imagination 

57b901a2e9f9577f3a942e9e76e32bd6.jpg

18 hours ago, SophyQ said:

I remember 15-20 years ago Lego looked like this.

I had to google it, but there was a time in my dark ages, when orange was simply wishful thinking ;)

335-1.jpg?201712161103

@Stoffer70

This is really wonderful. I can imagine your joy every morning - fantastic.

Well - 19 + 16 makes it for me: Colorful Orgasm. And then the day begins ...

All the best,
Thorsten

Wow! This is a great build! The amount of available colors used and how they fit and make the feeling of such an instant scene is fantastic. Awesome work!

Edited by dvogon

Thank you for all your nice comments!

I would like to inform you all about that my LEGO Mosaic picture "The Brick Bang" can now be seen in the brand new LEGOLAND Gallery in Billund.

It will be exihibited there in the whole 2022 season. So now you all have a posibility to see it there!

Here are some pictures from the premiere opening on saturday april 2 2022.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/christofferbehrens/91cSSR

Color explosion fits this by far the best of all these titles in my opinion. This is that kind of art which would look excellent in any museum. Who knows, maybe one day :)

I'm visiting Legoland Billund and this Mosaic is on Display in the Lego Gallery!!

It' awesome in reality, really happy to have the chance of seeing it. Next time in the Lousiana...