Matija Grguric

MOC: Le Corbusier - Villa Savoye

indexed.gif B-RV-3C

Hi!

I'm new on this forum! So hello to everyone!

Here is a MOC I've made a couple of days ago! I hope you like it... feel free to comment!

1213809820_SPLASH.jpg

Thanks!

Edited by Phred
Added image to first post.

Welcome to the forums! That is one nice piece of work there. It looks astonishingly like the real version. I look forward to more of your MOCs.

Very impressive building! You must have used lots of bricks to build it, but it looks a bit bare for my taste.

You can introduce yourself in the following part of the forum: just click here.

By the way, welcome to eurobricks!

Edited by legotrainfan

:sweet: i like it! very detailed, it reminds me of florida. is it a WIP? because it lacks detail, but if you make an interior (TVs, beds, couches, etc.) im sure it would be even more amzing.:wink:

That is awesome - what a beautiful modernist building. You've done a really good job of photographing it as well.

I really like the open plan and uncluttered feel to it - it looks weird to modern eyes not to have a place for the t.v and other clutter!!(it was the 20's). - I wish I could live like that now :classic:

I think you've really got the feel of a modernist building with the small amount of internal objects and minifigs, it's something the architect would have imagined. Modernism is all about shadows and regularity and not 'cottage style clutter' - Long live the Bauhaus legacy!

I wonder if Charles-Édouard Jeanneret-Gris' clients would have accepted the architectural model being made of Lego?!!

Whoah, from a lot of the thumbnails that looks like a real building! Very good creation! :thumbup::sweet:

Also, welcome to Eurobricks!

:skull:

Edited by Shoc

That's an awesome MOC, Matija Grguric! :thumbup:

I really :wub: :wub: it because it looks totally realistic! :oh: I wish TLG would release something like that (of course not as big as this one but in a medium size) :wink: !

Do you have some pics of the interior, too, or did you only include there the seat with the stretcher and the glas table?

Very, very well done! :thumbup:

And welcome to EB, Matija Grguric! :sweet:

Klaus-Dieter

Really nice moc Matija Grguric!

I like how this house looks in LEGO, and more when it remember me my student time few years back : we have a work to do, to make a model of an house. I hesitated to make it in LEGO, but I didn't have my bricks with me. I didn't choose this house ( but one of Jean Prouvé), but some friends of mine chose it. And it was not the best creation of the class!

Back on bricks. Your moc is very well done, the proportion of the house are well respeceted (which is important in the Le Corbusier's work!)

I'm happy to see the house of a well known architect made in LEGO!

Good work, though I agree, more details would be nice, it's sorta bland. It was featured on the Brothers-Brick, me thinks.

WOW! That is just fantastic! I like the style of the building, it is minimalistic, modern and looks clean, but still very cool.

I'm a little into this about recreating real buildings in LEGO and it is lots of fun (and some headaches).

Welcome to the forum Matija Grguric and I hope you keep showing us this kind of masterpieces in LEGO built by you.

WOW!!! :oh: What an amazing LEGO MOC. it really looks almost exactly like the real thing. Great architecture and looks still modern, altough the Real building was built nearly 80 years back.

Well an interior would be nice, but not really necessary, due to the perfect look of this LEGO replica.

mFg Widdi

Welcome to EB. I would have to say that is very, very great work :thumbup: . Are you an architect or an architectural student? AWESOME JOB!!

Model On!!

I'm not sure if you will see this post but terrific job in simulating the real structure with Lego.

It makes me wonder if anyone has constructed Falling Water by Frank Lloyd Wright out of Lego.

Has anyone seen one?!

Might be a good project for someone.

:classic:

That's a nice moc of the "villa Savoye" that "Le corbusier" did , you made it very well, that's the First time I see one of his " creation" in lego^^ that looks better in lego than in real.

Nice to see you here, Matija! I love all your MOCs, they're absolutely wonderful. Spent a lot of time on MOCpages looking through them and I must say that it's pretty obvious that one's looking at an architect's job, not just any ol' MOC. A mighty well done job too :]

Welcome to the forum :classic: This is pretty accurate, it looks just like the real thing. I can't wait to see the other things you build.