Sign in to follow this  
Jiesdeo

Any news on sets for Lego's 90th anniversary?

Last year around this time there was a huge (and somewhat controversial) vote on Ideas about what the favourite old themes of the fandom was, with speculation that we would get some sets that revive old themes to celebrate Lego's 90th anniversary.

Since then it has been very quiet on that front as far as I know, does anyone know any updates on this?

There haven't been any updates about the set yet. When an announcement happens, it'll happen—we're only one month into the year, after all. Lego tends to do a better job of keeping "direct to consumer" sets like that under wraps until they're announced, since they don't have to provide third parties like retailers the same level of information as they do for sets that get a wider distribution. Leaks do sometimes happen for those sorts of sets, but it's not necessarily something that can be counted on with regularity.

1 hour ago, Johnny1360 said:

There is quite the lengthy discussion going on as well, a little further down the page.

Ah, thanks! I see it now, sorry.

I found a 90th anniversary cars set on Brickmerge 

30510 90 Years of cars

https://www.brickmerge.de/30510-1

71 pieces and has a  polybag type of set number.

Between this, and the Classic (11021: 90 Years of Play) set and the likely Castle, it shows there are at least multiple sets.

I searched some more and there's also a 40567 "90 years of LEGO" , promotional (based on set number I'd assume gift with purchase)

Edited by TeriXeri

30510-1.jpg?202205030909

Brickset posted the polybag picture.

As for the 4 vehicles depicted : 

3-in-1 surfer Van , 1994 Town Hotrod, some Town Police car, and what looks like 392 Formula 1

tn_31079_alt3_jpg.jpg

6538-1.jpg

6623-1.jpg?200506280457

392-1.jpg?200706191200

Edited by TeriXeri