• Above average
    • Great

Set information

Set Name: Road Runner & Wile E. Coyote

Set Number: 40559

Number of Pieces: 205

Theme: Brickheadz - Looney Tunes

Year Release: 02/2022

Prices: £17.99 / $19.99 / €19.99 (Euro prices may vary)

#40599 on Brickset

#40559 on Rebrickable

Prepare for endless hijinks with these LEGO® BrickHeadz™ style buildable figures of Looney Tunes™ characters Road Runner & Wile E. Coyote (40559). The set makes a great gift idea for kids aged 10 and up, who will love the authentic colors and cute, brick-built models. With baseplates for displaying the figures, this awesome little construction toy set will make a nostalgic and eye-catching start or iconic addition to any Looney Toons cartoon fan’s collection.

• Wacky cartoon duo in LEGO® BrickHeadz™ style – adorable, buildable LEGO® BrickHeadz™ figures of Road Runner & Wile E. Coyote (40559) are perfect for a collection
  • Creative display pieces – this 205-piece LEGO® buildable figure set for kids ages 10 and up comes with step-by-step building instructions and includes baseplates for display
  • Nostalgic gift idea – the biggest figure measures over 3.5 in. (10 cm) high, 1.5 in. (4 cm) wide and 2 in. (6 cm) deep. Give the set to a cartoon fan as a surprise treat, birthday or holiday gift

Box and content

As usual with dual Brickheadz sets, the box contains 2 numbered bags and two instructions booklets, one for each character. The front of the box shows the two models, while the back shows... exactly the same...

51840364681_54d2e4d590_c.jpg

51839420582_d747efa5be_c.jpg

51840480723_1a3362f7c6_c.jpg

The build

I started by building Coyote. It is a simple classic brickheadz build. Nothing fancy here... I think Lego missed an opportunity here as on my copy, I replaced the 2x2 pink brick (aka the brain brick) with a printed TNT brick, which to me seems a bit more appropriate.

51841100070_e23efe25a3_c.jpg

Road Runner build is a bit more interresting. Both the body and head use two black Brick, Modified 1 x 2 x 1 2/3 with Studs on 3 Sides. The head attach to the body with a 1x1 brick with axle hole that is positionned sideway.

51841100035_481319f555_c.jpg

The final models look decent, but I think Coyote's head should have been done differently as it is too "square" (even for a brickheadz) compared to the its shape in the cartoon.

51841100025_f106fedec1_c.jpg

51840723584_6ffabca34f_c.jpg

Conclusion

Design: 5/10 - While Road Runner is ok, I think Coyote's design could have been so much better.

Parts: 5/10 - The part selection is average, especially for Coyote, as Road Runner's part selection is a bit more interesting.

Price: 4/10 - With a high ppp of 0,097€ the set is quite pricy.

Overall: 16/30 (53%) - An average Brickheadz set, with some misdesigns.

Excellent review and beautiful photography. It's nice to see a licensed Brickheads set that doesn't rely on printed parts to identify the subject matter; these are instantly recognizable. The decapitated roadrunner is messed up though, look how you massacred our bird! :tongue:

Great review! I love seeing how they attached Road Runner's head. But I agree that the rest of the building techniques are lackluster.

Snagged this one today from the local LEGO store, really fun build and looks cool as well.

Well worth picking up for any fans of Looney Tunes or Road Runner IMO.