Xenomoc

"THE FINN"

I am a huge sucker for vertical ships, especially since we see so few of them. I love what you've created here, such a sleek, clean ship. I really like the use of the technic panels as a kind of cowling, those few parts add a lot of dimension leading into the main engine. Beautiful work!

Edit: I imagine the answer is no, but does it lift off the stand? Or are those clear lift arms built into the main structure of the ship?

Edited by Geihlen

Vertical ships are always special, this one is no exception, I really like the shape and the cockpit of it.

The only thing I can think about improving it a little is maybe add a bit more colour to the gray areas though, a line in a bold colour, or a number/marking on the side of the ship.

This ship is amazing! Love how you did the lower fin. And the cockpit is amazing!

Interesting design. I like the differences between the dorsal and ventral fins. Using bricks up top, then sandwiched plates on their side below is genius.

On 1/24/2022 at 6:16 PM, Geihlen said:

I am a huge sucker for vertical ships, especially since we see so few of them. I love what you've created here, such a sleek, clean ship. I really like the use of the technic panels as a kind of cowling, those few parts add a lot of dimension leading into the main engine. Beautiful work!

Edit: I imagine the answer is no, but does it lift off the stand? Or are those clear lift arms built into the main structure of the ship?

Thanks alot. I love Them too. 😍 The technic panels was a third trie luck. Ive tried some different designs and found the panels by accident. Love at first sight. Normally i dont use technic panels in My build, but they have some very cool shapes. So its not the last time for sure. 

It doesnt lift off the stand. Its build in. 

On 1/24/2022 at 7:27 PM, Umbra-Manis said:

Love the greebles and weathering!

Thanks alot. Normally i use a lot more weathering, but I tried to keep this a little cleaner. 

3 hours ago, the Inventor said:

Vertical ships are always special, this one is no exception, I really like the shape and the cockpit of it.

The only thing I can think about improving it a little is maybe add a bit more colour to the gray areas though, a line in a bold colour, or a number/marking on the side of the ship.

Thanks alot. 🙂

I see what you mean, i tried some different colors, without the right result. The main reason why there is No number or markings, is that most of My other builds are so full of custom letters and stickers, so i wanted to keep this really clean. 

2 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

This ship is amazing! Love how you did the lower fin. And the cockpit is amazing!

Thanks alot. It was a really fun build, especially to fit the Christmas Ball. 😅

1 hour ago, Feuer Zug said:

Interesting design. I like the differences between the dorsal and ventral fins. Using bricks up top, then sandwiched plates on their side below is genius.

Thanks. 🙂 Year i wanted to keep the top finn really light and volumes at the same time. 

Edited by Xenomoc

Awesome! Love the strong color blocking between grey and white. The dish inside the cockpit looks great.

Something about vertical ships are creepy! I can imagine this one just hovering silently behind me, observing with it's big single eye!

Looks amazing! Such a clean design :thumbup:

But to me this looks like the kind of ship that flies upright but rotates 90 degrees to land on its side. otherwise there is no space for landing feet to deploy and no way to get down either lol

Edited by Gray Gear

On 1/25/2022 at 8:29 PM, danth said:

Awesome! Love the strong color blocking between grey and white. The dish inside the cockpit looks great.

Something about vertical ships are creepy! I can imagine this one just hovering silently behind me, observing with it's big single eye!

Thanks alot. 🙂 Year ive got that feeling to. 

On 1/26/2022 at 8:58 PM, Gray Gear said:

Looks amazing! Such a clean design :thumbup:

But to me this looks like the kind of ship that flies upright but rotates 90 degrees to land on its side. otherwise there is no space for landing feet to deploy and no way to get down either lol

Thanks. 🙌 I emagine it hovers above grund and the pilot uses the steps on the finn. 🙂

On 1/28/2022 at 8:13 PM, Brickwolf said:

Great ship with wonderful details!

Thanks. 💪