evancelt

[COR-FB] Primitive Accommodations, Elizabethville

The Duke of Hargyll had heard of the lush vegetation and good hunting surrounding Elizabethville on the island of Lacryma, and he endeavored to experience their wildness.

As nobles with quite sufficient means, he and the duchess set out from Belson for the colonies.

Upon arrival in Elizabethville, the Duke hired a carriage and guide to take them to the forest beyond the edge of the settlement. Around dusk they arrived at a small stone hunting shelter nestled among aspen trees. They would spend the night there and then set out away from the road on foot in the morning.

hunting-carriage-1.jpg

A closer shot:

Spoiler

hunting-carriage-2.jpg

-------

OOC: To be licensed as medium commerce in Elizabethville.

BTS:

Spoiler

hunting-carriage-proc-1.jpg

hunting-carriage-proc-2.jpg

hunting-carriage-proc-3.jpg

hunting-carriage-proc-4.jpg

hunting-carriage-proc-5.jpg

hunting-carriage-proc-6.jpg

Edited by evancelt

Primitive Accommodations? I see an exclusive accommodation with air conditioning (hot in summer, cold in winter). The main bathroom has a top modern rain shower (there is only one bathroom and if it rains you can take a shower). :pir_laugh2:

The accommodation looks funny and it's interesting to see how it was built. The carriage is very elegant. The carriage would have looked better with 2 horses. The poor horse has to pull the heavy carriage alone. Let the guy with the whip pull the carriage himself. :pir-grin:

Edited by NOD

A nice build, you are an expert in landscaping, clever roof technique too.

Beautiful work Evan, Birch/Aspen forests always look great in Lego and this is no exception! I noticed that the PaB wall has the bright light orange leaves at the moment and I got a few last time I was there (on a side note, Canberra now has a Lego store - no more having to travel 1000km or overseas to the nearest pick a brick wall!!!) - I'm debating whether to go back and get more! The olive works well with the mixture of light and medium dark nougat for the landscape. Did you say the carriage was from a kit? It looks really good with the blacksmith horse.

That's an interesting technique with the roof and walls, thanks for sharing the breakdowns. I have a feeling that roof technique especially will come in handy in the future. I have a running table scrap attempting a similar sized cylinder shape (it was going to be for a windmill), it's supposed to taper towards the top but I've never really progressed beyond the experimental stage.

51841353396_21054e6a19.jpg

It's not my technique, but I can't find the origin to credit it at the moment.

You have some fascinating filler brick colors. :pir-grin:  That hut is really cool, a little gappy but that works perfect for that kind of hut.  Nice design for the horse bridle too!  --and the birch trees on an olive floor look lovely as always.

1 hour ago, Ayrlego said:

Beautiful work Evan, Birch/Aspen forests always look great in Lego and this is no exception! I noticed that the PaB wall has the bright light orange leaves at the moment and I got a few last time I was there (on a side note, Canberra now has a Lego store - no more having to travel 1000km or overseas to the nearest pick a brick wall!!!) - I'm debating whether to go back and get more! The olive works well with the mixture of light and medium dark nougat for the landscape. Did you say the carriage was from a kit? It looks really good with the blacksmith horse.

That's an interesting technique with the roof and walls, thanks for sharing the breakdowns. I have a feeling that roof technique especially will come in handy in the future. I have a running table scrap attempting a similar sized cylinder shape (it was going to be for a windmill), it's supposed to taper towards the top but I've never really progressed beyond the experimental stage.

Thanks! I'm a sucker for aspen/birch forests. There are a ton near me here in Colorado and I love visiting / camping in them.

Yes, the carriage is my slight modification to the recent Grindlewalde's Escape official set. In the set it is pulled by a flying beast and the front is a little lackluster, so I replaced it with a horse and added some slopes. I definitely recommend the set, though!

The roof technique is one I saw on Flickr last year some time, though I can't find the reference. I didn't have the technique in front of me, but remembered it included overlapping tiles around an octagon.

Woohoo about the LEGO store near you. I just went to a LEGO store for the first time a few weeks ago and picked up the bright light orange leaves there from the Pick-a-Brick wall - I think I'll be returning often :pir-grin:

12 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

You have some fascinating filler brick colors. :pir-grin:  That hut is really cool, a little gappy but that works perfect for that kind of hut.  Nice design for the horse bridle too!  --and the birch trees on an olive floor look lovely as always.

Thanks @Kai NRG! My mother recently got me the Creator Bouquet set for my birthday and after displaying it for a little while (I gave the flowers two weeks of "life" before they "wilted") I pieced it out into my brick collection. Lots of fun pinks and lavenders.

The bridle was fun - it's a Friends horse bridle that I used sideways to look more like a yoke for the carriage. Like @NOD said, two horses would have been better than one! I'll revisit in the future to include 2 horses I think.

Edited by evancelt

6 hours ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

Oooh. Loving the birch/aspen trees. Great carriage and that hut...

Thanks!

Excellent hut, base and the feeling of autumn trees is delightful! Also it is nice to know how a big base looks with that technique as most I've seen are small to mid-sized. And oh boy, it surely looks splendid!

Edited by blackdeathgr