LM71Blackbird

[GOC] Delayed in Stormhaven

Delayed in Stormhaven

After departing Terraversa, the HMS Queen hit a storm and was blown off of their southernly course to Quinnsville. Looking for a friendly port, the Captain of the ship opted to pull into to Stormhaven for supplies and repairs before heading to Quinnsville.

While there, Major Brickford decided to stretch his legs on the lengthy docks connecting the many properties of Stormhaven. One thing led to another and before long Nathaniel had struck a deal on a vacant piece of property. Noticing the a lack of ETTC presence and the potential for sugarcane profits, the flag was hoisted and a few volunteer ETTC Sepoys agreed to stay and set up a base of operations.

51834812781_de9a0e5abd_b.jpgMangrove building 1 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

While not nearly as large as some of the ETTC's HQ's around the Brick Seas, it would suffice for the time being until more focus could be dedicated to the settlement.

51835168274_94d0ebe439_b.jpgMangrove Building 2 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

However, no time could be wasted, the HMS Queen was repaired and on to Quinnsville!

-------------------------------------

My first entry for GOC task 12: Mangrove Madness. Building to be licensed as a small commerce by the ETTC. C&C are welcome and appreciated and thanks for looking! 

Oh I do like this a lot! Firstly (and usually most importantly for me) the colour palette works superbly to convey a swampy, tropical feel. It's a bit brighter than what I have thought of Stormhaven in the past, but it works well. The 'wooden' sections integrate well with the terracotta roof tiles (something I don't think I've seen on a wooden building before - very nice!), but the really genius part is the black part at the top. I don't know how to describe it but something about how that section ties the rest of the building together really makes this build 'pop' for me. Overall an excellent job and a definite GoC :thumbup: from me!

I like how the wooden hut is built on piles in the water. The trees and plants make the build even nicer.

21 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Oh I do like this a lot! Firstly (and usually most importantly for me) the colour palette works superbly to convey a swampy, tropical feel. It's a bit brighter than what I have thought of Stormhaven in the past, but it works well. The 'wooden' sections integrate well with the terracotta roof tiles (something I don't think I've seen on a wooden building before - very nice!), but the really genius part is the black part at the top. I don't know how to describe it but something about how that section ties the rest of the building together really makes this build 'pop' for me. Overall an excellent job and a definite GoC :thumbup: from me!

Thanks! This is my first time really going for the swamp effect, so I'm glad it turned out. Also, I figured it would be a start to an ETTC presence in Stormhaven.

11 hours ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

Swanky shack like that, why leave? 

Thanks! Why leave? Because there is battles to be fought and victories to be won! :laugh:

7 hours ago, NOD said:

I like how the wooden hut is built on piles in the water. The trees and plants make the build even nicer.

Thank you!

The 1x1 transparant bricks work well for the water - perhaps a dark green or something along those lines underneath instead of light blue would make it look more swampy? I really enjoy the vegetation throughout, and it is really cool that you have placed the building at an angle. Last, but not least, it is tied really well into the world, both the type of settlement, the outcome of the tMRCA, the GoC, and the ETTC. Well done and a big :thumbup: for GoC!

Nice clean build with ample vegetation. They chose a nice clear-flowing area to build, so perhaps it will smell a bit better than other areas of the settlement :pir-grin:

The building looks a bit cramped for three, but will serve the ETTC well! A GoC :thumbup: from me

16 hours ago, Bregir said:

The 1x1 transparant bricks work well for the water - perhaps a dark green or something along those lines underneath instead of light blue would make it look more swampy? I really enjoy the vegetation throughout, and it is really cool that you have placed the building at an angle. Last, but not least, it is tied really well into the world, both the type of settlement, the outcome of the tMRCA, the GoC, and the ETTC. Well done and a big :thumbup: for GoC!

Thank you! Yeah, I've got to get me some more of the dark green... My collection is mainly the standard light green. Vegetation is something I've always liked seeing in builds, so I've order several hundred elements to bring the builds to life better.

9 hours ago, Brickwolf said:

Well built Stormhaven stilt building and it´s for the ETTC. :thumbup: for GoC

Thank you Brickwolf!

5 hours ago, evancelt said:

Nice clean build with ample vegetation. They chose a nice clear-flowing area to build, so perhaps it will smell a bit better than other areas of the settlement :pir-grin:

The building looks a bit cramped for three, but will serve the ETTC well! A GoC :thumbup: from me

Lol! Yes, wouldn't want the Sepoy's to get sick from the swamp air!

Yes, It's a tad bit small, but only the start for the ETTC in Stormhaven.

Great addition to Stormhaven! You've nailed the aesthetics of the village and managed to put that "mangrove feeling" in the build. The addition of the building in the back aids in helping establish this house as an important trade building in the colony.