The Testarossa was the epitome of cool in the eighties, but fell into oblivion soon after. As a classic, it seems to be drawing attention again. 
youtu.be/ocPAiyWlidA
51833348938_37b7fbf12b_b.jpg
This iconic supercar not only had to have the styling and looks of the original, but also that vibe, that Miami Vice vibe to it, a true classic Ferrari.
51833349098_af2d395d0d_b.jpg
The Testarossa comes pretty loaded with functions, Its RC with drive and steering with working steering wheel, and manual as well. It has a gear in the glove compartment that opens the front hood, two gears in the rear to open each door, openable rear engine cover, Flat 12 engine, working lights front and rear, some realistic suspension designed just as the original was, and the front shifter opens the pop up headlight in the front of the car. 
51833238476_7a675aa16d_b.jpg
The real car has many flaws, one being the timing belt repair. It would require the entire engine to be removed to replace the belt, a 26 hour job, so I tried to fix this design with my model and made the engine removable in 3 seconds flat :)
51832298257_131895840f_b.jpg
This build was especially built for brother in India, a very unique present as a custom commission. It was especially important to create this car with perfect proportions, which is extremely close to the real thing as seen below.
51832310587_090d86238b_b.jpg
custom rims by @technic.rims
Sticker pack by @fwartstckr

Epic chrome pack by bubul chrome!

PLEASE NOTE!  1 Buwizz battery 3.0 are not in the part list! 
link for the buwizz! https://buwizz.com/?ref=15
Motor Options:
1. 1 Buwizz 3.0, 3 new L motor.
2. 1 Buwizz 2.0, 1 servo motor, 2 Large motors
3. Manual version without HOG. Remove all motors from part list!
51832321592_4c9a295e4b_b.jpg

The details don't stop on the exterior, this build had to have an interior that fully felt like a Testarossa. Open cabin, classic Dark Tan interior and oldschool yet elegant dash and pedals. 
51833592264_35ac8b54f0_b.jpg
Lastly if interested there is also a black version, all original Lego pieces if interested with gold accents ;) 
51834002150_a2cf4f6533_b.jpg
51832298357_9c61fae33a_b.jpg

Edited by Lox Lego

Absolutely beautiful bodywork all around! I especially like the side intake construction and the engine detailing. Top build! I must say your concept of "just don't add motors to make it manual" is quite brilliant. I feel usually most of us make MOC with motors as a part of the structural integrity of the chassis. This gives the option for everyone to choose thier prefered option. I have seen this before in your builds but just now got around to applaud it!

There are parts I really like, and some I don't really like.

As expected of your MOCs the overall proportions seem to be very accurate. The huge engine looks great, but the pistons are still visible. You mixed in quite a few system bricks instead of forcing a technic only build. Taillights look awesome! The black and gold looks aspecially badass!

It would also be nice to see a bellyshot and a pic with the pop-up headlights up :wink:

What I don't really like is the look of the rear wheel arch. Using the smaller 13L wheel arches for a 1:8 Model seems to work very well, and it looks good in the front. I will try it too once I get the chance. But that flex axle running over the rear arch piece looks weird imo. The wheel arch slopes inward, and the flex axle above restores the original width, creating a gap in the side of the car that isn't there on the real car. I think it might have been better to place the arch 1stud higher and place the flex axle underneath. 

The roof construction looks pretty good. You built the A-pillars in a similar style I do them, so without a rollcage to support the roof it should not be very strong. But well, a Testarossa isn't really a car that looks goodwith a rollcage...

Overall a great representation of the Testa. :classic::thumbup: Personally I am not a big fan of the testa because it has the "long nose short rear" style I don't really like. But its appearance in Wangan Midnight made me like it a bit more. And the way the Testa driver fixed his broken belt on the fly was the funniest thing ever :laugh_hard:

Edited by Gray Gear

There's a lot to like, but the nose is wrong. It's needed to extend longer, and it's too tall and blunt.

Spectacular work! What first caught my eye was your clever parts usage on the vents of the side doors. The overall shape looks great, however, I'm not quite sold on the front nose, it looks a bit too big - the original seems to have a slightly slimmer nose. Did you consider one stud less height on the front grille?

Reallly nice job again. There are some minor detail problems, but ones which I won't point out because I'd never be able to fix them myself. Oh, and did you mean open cabin as in hole in the floor? That one should be an easy fix. But overall, really good job with the proportions and motorization options. 

Extraordinary build for third most interesting Ferrari from 80s (After 288 GTO and F40). You nailed shape

4 hours ago, Scoar Sonander said:

Oh, and did you mean open cabin as in hole in the floor? 

That is special edition for Fred Flintstone :laugh:

This has to be my favorite model I’ve seen of this particular car. I especially like the door details. I dare say I like the black/gold version more too.

However I agree with the comments about the nose. Looks a bit short/high. Almost like it needs to come forward and down around another stud.  I think it might have been better to place the arch 1stud higher and place the flex axle underneath. 

16 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

I think it might have been better to place the arch 1stud higher and place the flex axle underneath. 

I don’t think this works. Hight wise yes but width wise the flex axle makes the arch too narrow and it rubs against the tyres. Works fine running the flex axle inside the larger 15 stud arches though.