Yperio_Bricks

[R17 - Orvax IV - STG] Mission to Orvax IV : Part I

*Your entry has scored 19XP*

A small team of the Socorro Trade Guild got hired to transport escapees and a priest of the Cult of the Power Droids from slave world Orvax IV to nearby planets from which they then would take different routes out of the sector.
Yperio Syn and Kalyn Kels were scouting the urban area from the roof of a STG save house near the slave markets and underground dungeons.
Liquor shop owner and local contact Mxaafwuuttorl Jachathwoxx provided them with the latest news and - Jachathwoxx wouldn't be Jachathwoxx - with the latest gossip too.

ystg1phjju.jpg

ystg297jua.jpg

ystg367jdz.jpg

Spoiler

Both my little digi cam and mobile phone have potato cameras only. Potato level is 1000. Looking at the ugly pictures i get depression :sick:

Edited by RocketBoy

Nice work, great details all around, and the techniques for the doors and windows are especially nice. Do the buildings have interiors, as I noticed the lines of tiles were I assume the floors separate? 

A really massive build with beautiful and well detailed buildings. A few more mini scenes and stalls on the street would add more visual interest.

On 1/20/2022 at 10:36 PM, Stuartn said:

Nice work, great details all around, and the techniques for the doors and windows are especially nice. Do the buildings have interiors, as I noticed the lines of tiles were I assume the floors separate? 

Thank you! Although the buildings are build like modulars, they have no interiors. There is just chaos inside :laugh: I thought it would be easier to build houses in modular style but there are also disadvantages.

On 1/20/2022 at 10:36 PM, Brickwolf said:

A really massive build with beautiful and well detailed buildings. A few more mini scenes and stalls on the street would add more visual interest.

Thanks a lot! You are right, there could have been more life in the streets and i hope to do better next time, but i ran out of pieces and just wanted to finish the houses and move on. For example, i had no tan plates or tiles left and, no dark red tiles and plates... Only piece i have plenty of is 2x2 dark tan tiles. I have 2 big PAB Wall cups full of these :laugh:

Wow! This is the kind of build I would have a hard time wanting to take it apart when finished. Great job! I aspire to build a street like this. 

1 hour ago, Bociephus said:

Wow! This is the kind of build I would have a hard time wanting to take it apart when finished. Great job! I aspire to build a street like this. 

Thank you!

Haha you are right, i had no idea how long it would take to dismantle it. Weeks maybe? :laugh: But i started yesterday and now there is only a small portion of one of the roofs left, so i was able to tear it appart super fast actually. I had no chance anyway since i need the pieces for the next moc :laugh:

A nicely done big build. 
With each building adding a little something else and some nice solutions to make each different. 
As has been mentioned, a few more stalls, perhaps a little more detail on the roofs or perhaps a solution to open one of the buildings up such as the ground floor to show trade interior etc or a speeder going past.

This said, not to detract from some great building design and good to see the STG in action!

Simply impressive buildings!

I could wish for a little more detailing and original props, on the buildings and on the ground - it does look a little bare...

That said, you've really captured the SW feeling here!

Thanks you guys! I will surely try to add more details next time. I still need to learn a lot and those fiddly small things are harder to build for me :laugh:

Oh I like this a lot. It feels like a very pleasant small town to live in -- ignoring the stormtroopers of course

Not sure how I missed this before. But this is really lovely work. The color choices of the buildings works really well. And I like the dark tan ground. Your figures fit right in too.