pantelis

[Mod] of 31120

Hello to all friends , when i buy the 31120 lego set to my mind was to try something different. This castle maybe with the first isnt something that you look and say owwwwooo...but if someone make a different approach 

with this castle then i think the fealing at the end is a nostalgic note with the playability that this castle gives to you. so this is my modification with the 31120 its bigger , higher with foul interiors and playable!!

51830055871_133437e152_b.jpg

51830503587_a8de771db5_k.jpg

51830503877_afd52efcfc_b.jpg

51829101772_f78aea5e95_b.jpg

51828735492_3ddca99b93_b.jpg

51828735477_14d10e9727_b.jpg

51830503802_57fba824a2_k.jpg

51830503752_ac0e00d09d_k.jpg

51832182725_9154d9f469_k.jpg

Edited by pantelis

Oh, wow. This is lovely. Stunning details aside, a lot of what you've included could've been done in one form or another in the official set as well, and that would've made it much more playable.

6 hours ago, Merlo said:

Oh, wow. This is lovely. Stunning details aside, a lot of what you've included could've been done in one form or another in the official set as well, and that would've made it much more playable.

Thank you very much for this feedback my friend. This castle with some changes make me to play again after a lot of years. All this years I think we don't have playable sets.. And lego means play well... 

5 hours ago, AmperZand said:

Very cool stonework but I prefer the light tan infill for the half-timbering in this article.

Thank you very much for this my friend. I try the yellow colors because I think make it more nostalgic. The tan color also love it! 

Another great creation Pantelis.  I like the inclusion of the sand green in the castle walls.  The tudor style parts with the dark blue and yellow are a nice black falcon touch.  And I looks like you could go even bigger with different sections combined with the way you have it laid out in the fourth photo.  

10 hours ago, zoth33 said:

Another great creation Pantelis.  I like the inclusion of the sand green in the castle walls.  The tudor style parts with the dark blue and yellow are a nice black falcon touch.  And I looks like you could go even bigger with different sections combined with the way you have it laid out in the fourth photo.  

Thank you very much for this feedback my friend as always you are in the point of my builds. I will try next days some changes!! 

23 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

Excellent expansion. Your creation increases the play value and visual appeal greatly.

Thank you very much for this great feedback my friend!! 

2 hours ago, Brickander Brickumnus said:

Wow! I like it a lot!

Did you use 2 sets of 31120 Medieval Castle to make this?

Thank you very much for this my friend. No only one of 31120! and my spare parts. I really hope you enjoy it! 

I have looked at every MOC of this build on rebrickable and others i do not like anybody's variation except yours. Would you be able to elaborate on your changes? One thing i noticed is your gatehouse looks 2 studs wider then the original, the cottage and chimney look wider and longer. Yours seems to be 10x13 where the original looks 8x10. I would love to mimic your build so any additional help would be appreciated. I also love the light grey vs the dark grey

Edited by natesroom

The original is a 4/10 "I'll pass" set.  Yours is a 10/10 "instant buy" set - the lack of dark gray, improved texturing on the walls, and addition of sand green bricks really improves the look of the model.  The gambrel roof on the half timber barracks looks so much better than the original model, too.

I'd be interested in seeing what a few dark green leaf pieces creating vines growing on one of the towers would do.

I am not really a fan of the use of bricks in the daub sections (although I know the blacksmith shop uses that to add texture, it just looks wrong) but the mix of sand bricks and 1x2 jumpers to add texture is extremely nice.  I like the yellow overall, it definitely improves the charm of the set.

1 hour ago, iragm said:

The original is a 4/10 "I'll pass" set.  Yours is a 10/10 "instant buy" set - the lack of dark gray, improved texturing on the walls, and addition of sand green bricks really improves the look of the model. 

100% agree... i waited almost a year to get a couple of the 31120, but if this was a $199 castle (or whatever price point was needed) I would "instant salivate at the mouth" buy this. It so good i'm going to mimic his design for myself as best as possible. 

Not saying the new castle isn't good, but this IS what castle fans want.

Edited by natesroom

On 8/2/2022 at 4:06 PM, natesroom said:

I have looked at every MOC of this build on rebrickable and others i do not like anybody's variation except yours. Would you be able to elaborate on your changes? One thing i noticed is your gatehouse looks 2 studs wider then the original, the cottage and chimney look wider and longer. Yours seems to be 10x13 where the original looks 8x10. I would love to mimic your build so any additional help would be appreciated. I also love the light grey vs the dark grey

thank you very much my friend for this detailed feedback, i hope you really enjoy it. i try to keep it as the original but yes i make it some bigger. i also change this days the roof with black slopes to reminds me more the falcons classic castle.

On 8/5/2022 at 6:48 PM, iragm said:

The original is a 4/10 "I'll pass" set.  Yours is a 10/10 "instant buy" set - the lack of dark gray, improved texturing on the walls, and addition of sand green bricks really improves the look of the model.  The gambrel roof on the half timber barracks looks so much better than the original model, too.

I'd be interested in seeing what a few dark green leaf pieces creating vines growing on one of the towers would do.

I am not really a fan of the use of bricks in the daub sections (although I know the blacksmith shop uses that to add texture, it just looks wrong) but the mix of sand bricks and 1x2 jumpers to add texture is extremely nice.  I like the yellow overall, it definitely improves the charm of the set.

thank you very much for this. i make this days some changes so you can also see my modification to my account on instagram iam also there like pantelismanthos.

Apologies if this is too much off topic - but I didn't want to bump the 1-year-old review of 31120.

I have finally built the alternate tower build. I think it's awesome, however there's so many dark and light grey pieces left over. On one hand sad they weren't used, on the other hand I am really looking forward to building at least one more level into the tower - isn't that the purpose of lego? ;-)

My question: I couldn't find the black window grids (not the frame, the inner part) for the uppermost level. And they don't seem to be in the main castle build. Have I missed something?

Thanks!