22 minutes ago, lnteknik said:

Although I consider you as a newbie / rookie, I have big respect for your handling of the situation the mature way. Let it be a motivation to improve on your next build. Move on with this courage and you will beat all odds in the longterm showing who is really in charge :thumbup:!

2 hours ago, icm said:

I'm not a Technic builder, so I don't have a truly informed opinion about how @Inteknik's F40 compares to @jorgeopesi's version ... but judging from what's been posted in this thread about the similarities and differences between the two models, I think the OP's 2022 model bears about  as much resemblance to Jorgeopesi's 2014 model as, say, the 2021 X-wing Fighter set bears to the 2012 X-wing Fighter set.   They both treat the same source material at the same scale using the same building system.  They share just one major design element (the shifter mechanism for the F40s, the nose taper geometry for the X-wings), but in every other respect the build is completely different except for the inevitable similarities from using the same system to build the same thing at the same scale.  Inteknik has done a great job with his MOC and it's demeaning to call it shameful profiteering off another person's work.  Here's another analogy: the 1965 Ford Mustang and the 1965 Ford Falcon shared the same platform and the same engine, but they were emphatically not the same car.  Same thing here: Inteknik's model shares the same shifter mechanism as Jorgeopesi's model, but that doesn't mean it's just Jorgeopesi's model with improved paneling.  So, kudos to Inteknik for a great model, for explaining in detail which attributes are inspired by other models and which are not, and for sharing the Studio file.

But, like I said, I'm not a Technic builder and I don't really know all that much about cars, so feel free to completely ignore my two cents ....

This post sums up my thoughts pretty succinctly. But I am also in the same boat, I'm not a Technic guy so some of the finer points of Jorgeopesi's grievances could be easily lost on me. 

As promised, I have added the link to the FREE 3D model of my version to Rebrickable
Here is the direct link for your easy reference https://bricksafe.com/pages/Lnteknik/freef40  

14 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

Although I consider you as a newbie / rookie, I have big respect for your handling of the situation the mature way. Let it be a motivation to improve on your next build. Move on with this courage and you will beat all odds in the longterm showing who is really in charge :thumbup:!

Thank you for the encouragement. Means a lot to me. Can't wait till my next project :wink:  

15 hours ago, icm said:

I'm not a Technic builder, so I don't have a truly informed opinion about how @Inteknik's F40 compares to @jorgeopesi's version ... but judging from what's been posted in this thread about the similarities and differences between the two models, I think the OP's 2022 model bears about  as much resemblance to Jorgeopesi's 2014 model as, say, the 2021 X-wing Fighter set bears to the 2012 X-wing Fighter set.   They both treat the same source material at the same scale using the same building system.  They share just one major design element (the shifter mechanism for the F40s, the nose taper geometry for the X-wings), but in every other respect the build is completely different except for the inevitable similarities from using the same system to build the same thing at the same scale.  Inteknik has done a great job with his MOC and it's demeaning to call it shameful profiteering off another person's work.  Here's another analogy: the 1965 Ford Mustang and the 1965 Ford Falcon shared the same platform and the same engine, but they were emphatically not the same car.  Same thing here: Inteknik's model shares the same shifter mechanism as Jorgeopesi's model, but that doesn't mean it's just Jorgeopesi's model with improved paneling.  So, kudos to Inteknik for a great model, for explaining in detail which attributes are inspired by other models and which are not, and for sharing the Studio file.

But, like I said, I'm not a Technic builder and I don't really know all that much about cars, so feel free to completely ignore my two cents ....

12 hours ago, Geihlen said:

This post sums up my thoughts pretty succinctly. But I am also in the same boat, I'm not a Technic guy so some of the finer points of Jorgeopesi's grievances could be easily lost on me. 

Thank you for taking your time to voice your opinions. For what it's worth, I do appreciate your two cents! 

1 hour ago, lnteknik said:

As promised, I have added the link to the FREE 3D model of my version to Rebrickable
Here is the direct link for your easy reference https://bricksafe.com/pages/Lnteknik/freef40  

16 hours ago, brunojj1 said:

Thank you for the encouragement. Means a lot to me. Can't wait till my next project :wink:  

This is awesome!  You really didn't have to do this, but I am sure everyone will appreciate the gesture.  Folks can now judge for themselves. 

Like @brunojj1has said, mad respect for how you have dealt with the whole situation.  

1 hour ago, lnteknik said:

Well done, thanks for the way you're handling this. This also ensures that the discussion about money is resolved.

It's almost impossible not to be inspired by other people's constructions, the whole idea is that we inspire each other and have fun with this hobby. Isn't it? Let's not limit each other!

You clearly put a lot of time into this MOC and gave credit to the people who inspired you. Well done!

Ignore what I said earlier about it being too similar. I might not be able to build it yet, but I can make some renders. I've got the CAD files of the original F40 by Jorgeopesi, and put them side by side. On the outside, of course they look similar: they're based on the same car. Some panels might be in the same positions, but that's about where the similarities end. Almost the entire chassis seems new, with the only exception being the gearbox (which was properly given credit for). Please ignore misalligned parts or unbent soft axles in the Jorgeopesi version.

640x360.png 

640x360.png

640x360.png

640x360.png

More (higher resolution) renders available here: https://bricksafe.com/pages/LvdH/f40

Be your own judge, but in my opinion, not much is the same.

4 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Ignore what I said earlier about it being too similar. I might not be able to build it yet, but I can make some renders. I've got the CAD files of the original F40 by Jorgeopesi, and put them side by side. On the outside, of course they look similar: they're based on the same car. Some panels might be in the same positions, but that's about where the similarities end. Almost the entire chassis seems new, with the only exception being the gearbox (which was properly given credit for). Please ignore misalligned parts or unbent soft axles in the Jorgeopesi version.

More (higher resolution) renders available here: https://bricksafe.com/pages/LvdH/f40

Be your own judge, but in my opinion, not much is the same.

That is not my MOC either, it is the MOD that Thorsten did and then made instructions from his version.

2 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

That is not my MOC either, it is the MOD that Thorsten did and then made instructions from his version.

The only difference are the front wheelaches. If I were to remove those, it would look even less like the version lnteknik built because of the massive holes over the front wheels.

8 minutes ago, LvdH said:

The only difference are the front wheelaches. If I were to remove those, it would look even less like the version lnteknik built because of the massive holes over the front wheels.

So sorry because I like massive holes I forgot to have fun building for me and not for others.

7 hours ago, lnteknik said:

Thank you for taking your time to voice your opinions. For what it's worth, I do appreciate your two cents! 

Also, since I didn't say it in my initial post, this model is beautiful. I've said it on other threads here but it's worth repeating here, their are some truly incredible builders here. I'm regularly awe inspired by what people create, especially when it's Technic, and this model is no exception to that.

You've done an excellent job with the build (and with everything else discussed in the thread imo).