Sign in to follow this  
Stuartn

[M11-Nubia-CS] The Rendezvous

*Your entry has scored 10XP*

Previously

Part 6

Nubian Alley

As Sio Antilles and his newfound ardennian friend approached the safe house, the tension could be felt in the air, it felt as if something wasn't right. So when they found the body of the guard lying at the door of the house, it come not as a surprise, but the inevitable realisation that the worst had occurred.

IMG_9957.JPG

'They might not have gotten inside', said Sio, but never the optimist, he knew they would have. Dank farrik!! At this point, they heard the tell-tale clunking of stormtrooper boots surround them, coming from the opposite building, and the laneways. Sio moved in front of the door, and had his blaster pistol aimed at the nearest trooper, but it would be useless.

IMG_9958.JPG

At this point, two unusual figures came to the front of the ravenous crowd of stormtroopers, an Imperial agent, and in front of him, a young Togruta, who didn't seem happy to be there. The ardennian looked at his feet in dismay. Sio knew that this was the child.

IMG_9959.JPG

"Good afternoon gentlemen", said the agent, "looking for someone". He smiled, something Sio thought must have been an achievement for the sour-faced Gungan-brained Imp. "We'll be off now, I thought it would be considered polite to stay around and say good-bye".

He looked at the stormtroopers and gave them a nod. The CorSec agent and his ardennian companion braced for the barrage of blaster-fire, and winced as they heard the lasers fire. Then. . . nothing. Stormtroopers couldn't be that bad shots. He looked around and saw the Imperial troops lying around them. Then Sio looked up, and saw the old Lieutenant General Senesca above him, flanked by four CorSec soldiers wielding blasters.

IMG_9962.JPG

But there was a problem, the arrogant Imperial agent had left with the kid. The search had started once again.

Thank you for viewing, comments and feedback are welcome, though I am happy with how this build has turned out, and am glad to have been able to finish another larger build.

Edited by RocketBoy

Wonderful! Love the angle on the building.

Feedback: Maybe some tiles on the ground, and some kind of piece of technology like a vaporator could add extra interest. I would do the brown grille tiles clumped together to represent where the staining is the heaviest (and maybe show why the staining is heaviest there! Like something blocking the other part from rain or what have you.)

Some prop clutter in the alley could also add a lot of life and "lived-in-ness".

Feedback aside, great scene! The troopers on the balcony are super well posed.

Edited by RocketBoy

2 hours ago, RocketBoy said:

Wonderful! Love the angle on the building. . .Feedback aside, great scene! The troopers on the balcony are super well posed.

Thank you, I see what you mean about adding some clutter to the alley, and I appreciate the advice on weathering with the grilles, hopefully I'll be able to use that advice as I am likely to use the technique again

A nice build and i'm enjoying the ongoing story arc,
As said above, a little clutter adds to that Star Wars used real aesthetic but the build really tells the narrative well before you even get the text which is nicely done.
I do like the buildings and the stark difference between the two 

25 minutes ago, n1majneb said:

A nice build and i'm enjoying the ongoing story arc,
As said above, a little clutter adds to that Star Wars used real aesthetic but the build really tells the narrative well before you even get the text which is nicely done.
I do like the buildings and the stark difference between the two 

Thank you, I am also enjoying creating the story, I haven’t done so to this extent before, but it is great to include in builds