Sign in to follow this  
Stuartn

[M11-Nubia-CS] The Meeting

*Your entry has scored 4XP*

Previously:

Part 5

'Director Antilles, do you copy . . . this is CorSec despatch. Informing you that we've lost Colonel Merrik at the rendevous point. The local security guys say it was a group of Imps, they shot up an old refueler too. Anyway, we've sent your backup on a bit of a detour to secure the area, so your gonna have to do your own investigation now, over 'n' out'.

That was the transmission that Sio Antilles received as he sat at the Nubian conveyex station, waiting for his passenger service between the spaceport and his location. Merrik was supposed to get in contact with the local authorities and make this whole waste of time a bit easier: you can't trust the army intelligence bunch to decipher the alphabet written in plain aurebesh - the transport ride to Nubia, despite the nice starship, was hardly comfortable, and Antilles' opinions of the mission had soured accordingly. As he looked up, he saw an old ardennian staring at him. How long had he been there for?

"You've come for the child?" the ardennian asked?

Sio was perplexed. How would he know that? Who was this bloke anyway?

"What makes you think that?" was the best reply he could give.

"I have a way of guessing some things. Many people have come for the kid, many have failed. Some meet an unfortunate end, others give up. What makes you think you will succeed?" This man was really starting to get on Sio's nerves.

"I have orders", he said through gritted teeth. At this moment he noticed the man sitting beside him held a rifle across his lap. Then it dawned upon him, maybe this ardennian knew about the child and could take him to him. It seemed they were concerned over it's welfare. He could be back on Corellia come afternoon. "Who are you people, you know where the kid is?".

"The dawn of the Empire was very cruel", continued the ardennian (here we go, a whole life story, I'm not exactly a big Empire fanboy either, thought Antilles), "many of us who had a purpose were persecuted because of it, now, we have found someone to protect, a new purpose, and we won't let anyone hurt us - or it". The man sitting beside Sio raised his rifle, while the Corellian himself clutched his blaster pistol underneath his jacket.

"You realise that the Empire is here". To this, the ardennian looked attentively, and the man lowered his rifle. "We must get the kid offworld, he will be safer on Corellia". The ardennian nodded, though Sio new he was still unconvinced, but at least was willing to give him a go.

"Alright, said the yet unnamed ardennian, I will take you where you want to go".

IMG_9951.JPG

Thank you for viewing this build, the next build will be a bit more substantial, as this was built mainly to quickly bridge a story gap. Comments and feedback welcome as always though. Additional image below

Spoiler

IMG_9952.JPG

The white carriage is part of a train MOC I have completed, it hasn't ever been shared publicly though.

Edited by RocketBoy

17 minutes ago, n1majneb said:

A nice little build furthering the story here, 

The chair designs are great details, 

Thank you