Decided that for the IRL pics I would edit the original post and post the pictures here.
The gallery with all the old versions of the mech still exists and can be seen here.

https://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=583992

Will be updated in 2024 with some newer parts but still wanting to share IRL pics as it's practically done anyways. (Sword Pics will be in 2024 though) Mainly wanted to get this out before the set version releases.

meis_dragon_mech_1.jpg 

Used Zane's Titan Mech as the template but heavily modified.

meis_dragon_mech_2.jpg

Shoulder pads use the design from Mei's Dragon Jet

meis_dragon_mech_3.jpg

Tail sadly needs the clear brick as it's too heavy to hold itself up

meis_dragon_mech_4.jpg

Dual cannon arms and shoulder cannons. (Wish I could add more blasters but no idea where)

meis_dragon_mech_5.jpg

Flip out blades.

meis_dragon_mech_6.jpg

Cockpit closeup

meis_dragon_mech_7.jpg

Detachable Jetpack and Mei. (Used the Nexo Knights Year 3 armor as that looks techy enough and attaches to the jetpack)

meis_dragon_mech_8.jpg

meis_dragon_mech_9.jpg

Last pic. I might retake them to be bigger in 2024 but for now enjoy. 

Edited by Takanuinuva
New pictures

Very neat idea! I've been wanting Mei to have a mech ever since the season one finale, and this is a great idea of how to realize that.

The color scheme and a lot of the details are great. If I had a critique, the wings in particular are huge and distract a lot from the rest of the build—and, subjectively, I wonder if they're even an appropriate feature for a mech for Mei given that traditional Chinese dragons don't actually have broad wings like European ones do. Some subtler wings, fins, or jet boosters of some sort might make more sense thematically and allow more of the rest of the build to stand out.

By the way, what design software are you using? Currently Stud.io does include the blade/energy pieces (65184) that you intend to use for the sword. Replacing your substitution for that might give a better idea of whether the weapon is appropriately sized for a mech like this (which I worry might look too short and broad with two of those blade parts compared to the longer, thinner blade pieces you currently use. Using just one of those blade pieces instead of two with a central "core" might scale better to this.

1 hour ago, Lyichir said:

Very neat idea! I've been wanting Mei to have a mech ever since the season one finale, and this is a great idea of how to realize that.

The color scheme and a lot of the details are great. If I had a critique, the wings in particular are huge and distract a lot from the rest of the build—and, subjectively, I wonder if they're even an appropriate feature for a mech for Mei given that traditional Chinese dragons don't actually have broad wings like European ones do. Some subtler wings, fins, or jet boosters of some sort might make more sense thematically and allow more of the rest of the build to stand out.

By the way, what design software are you using? Currently Stud.io does include the blade/energy pieces (65184) that you intend to use for the sword. Replacing your substitution for that might give a better idea of whether the weapon is appropriately sized for a mech like this (which I worry might look too short and broad with two of those blade parts compared to the longer, thinner blade pieces you currently use. Using just one of those blade pieces instead of two with a central "core" might scale better to this.

I'm using LDD. I haven't used Stud.io but I could give it a try if I can import this over.

And I might get rid of the wings now that you mention it. As they will probably weigh down an actual irl model. I did update them slightly to add boosters.

I was going to use the Dragon Jet's wings but accidentally saved over the file and would have to rebuild them from scratch.

But that shouldn't be too hard to do. Just need to swap out the click hinges for ball joints.. That or some jet boosters.

And as for the sword, I have those parts IRL. So I'll make a moc up of it with the hand build and post a pic of that here. (Colors won't be the same but should give an approximation of scale.)

I can also share the LDD file if you want to take a crack at this.

Went and removed the wings and added jets. Not fully keen on the jet engines. Did kind of prefer the wings. But I wanted an opinion on it anyways

mei_mech_3.png

mei_mech_4.png

Also opened up Studio to import the model. To see how the digital sword pieces looked. Can safely say not a fan of how Studio works compared to LDD. Sword does look good though

mei_mech_sword.png

Edit: Did put the wings back on but made them a bit smaller. And kept the lower booster jets 

mei_mech_1.png

mei_mech_2.png

Edited by Takanuinuva

Been a while but I wanted to wait for the next LDD update to get the right sword pieces. And in the meanwhile I've made some minor changes to the design as well.

I'm willing to call this finished. Really only needs the energy missile part. https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=70694&idColor=15#T=S&C=108&O={"color":108,"rpp":"500","iconly":0}

Though would still like feedback.

meis_dragon_mech_3.png

meis_dragon_mech_4.png

Thought of some more modifications. Lengthened the lower arms a bit. Slight changes to the legs. But main thing is a more poseable tail

meis_dragon_mech_5.png

meis_dragon_mech_6.png

Thinking about giving the arms rotation at the elbows. But would lose the detail they have with the domes.

An idea crossed my mind that I'd like an opinion on? Instead of a sword. Dual arm blades with a cannon on each?

meis_dragon_mech_arm_blades.png

Another update. It's becoming more distinct from Zane's Titan Mech. Finally found a wing design I like that isn't too big.

meis_dragon_mech_7.png

meis_dragon_mech_8.png

Still looking for feedback on the post above.

I think the sword suits Mei better, but there are a lot of Lego sword wielding mechs about at the moment so the arm blades are more unique and fun. 

But overall I still think sword is the word.

meis_dragon_mech_9.png

meis_dragon_mech_10.png

Some new updates after testing some of the builds IRL

Tail had to be returned to click hinges as the mixel ball joints wouldn't support the weight.

New design for the sword (Though it is a bit fragile. But an inverted spiked wedge doesn't exist yet.) The circle part on top isn't connected but hold on irl via the ball joint plates.

Also had to change the wrists slightly as the sword is to heavy for the standard Zane Titan Mech wrist.

Removed the shoulder cannons as they would clash with the Dragon head irl

The rubber inserts would go under the feet but right now in LDD they can't be connected to technic bricks.

Am still considering Arm Blades with a Cannon on each over the Sword as it would give a more unique look. And I could see Mei dashing around in this mech and slashing with each arm. Here's what it would look like

https://brickshelf.com/gallery/takanuinuva/mc/MeisDragonMech/meis_dragon_mech_arm_blades2.png

Otherwise. Unless if find some more issues with a potential IRL build. I think this is done. (Thinking 2023 is when I would start. As there are 4 games coming out in 2022 I want and each would likely cost me 80 dollars. I'd start off with Zane's Titan Mech and work from there. Probably do a version without correct colors first to iron out any problems that might pop up in an irl build)

Well calling this the final LDD build for now. I have to get Zane's Titan Mech in the new year and test an IRL version before doing anymore changes. I have a majority of the parts already for the mod. What I'm mainly considering is how the knees will handle the extra weight of the new head wing pack and tail. I might have to abandon the mixels joint and go with regular ball joints if the knees don't hold up.

It has been a while since the last update but main changes have been a sturdier sword design and a better designed tail. 

Also while it's really big I made the wing pack detachable to be used in minifgure form. Just to get in that extra play feature a set might have. 

I do wish I could add more blasters to this build but I can't find any good places to attach them other than the arms.

meis_dragon_mech_final_1.png

meis_dragon_mech_final_2.png

IRL Update. I got Zane's Titan Mech for Christmas. And after a large part order. I have the Mech nearly finished. (Still need some minor teal parts along with 3 sticker sheets from Mei's Dragon Jet 2023. 

But I can showcase these irl pics. Once it's fully finished. I'll take proper full pictures. 

Some updates from the last build. The detachable jetpack was scrapped. It's a bit too heavy and fragile to be supported from the parachute backpack piece.

Feet and Knees are a lot less flexible so the mech doesn't fall over backwards.

Also managed to add in more weaponry in the form of the shoulder cannons. 

Tail's a bit heavy so using clear bricks to keep it posed upright. Might try click hinges for a tail but still prefer the ball joints for more flexibility 

The reason there is tape on the sword is to force the 2 halves to align and without it they would be offset. After a month or two I'll remove it and see if it helped

20230130_160453.jpg

20230130_160515.jpg

Wow been almost a year since last update (Guess the leak of Mei's Dragon Mech made me want to update this)

Some changes have happened since then. Decided on having both arm mounted blades and the sword. Though prefer the arm blades with cannons.

Also finally found a way to add in a waist joint while keeping a fairly sturdy torso. Knees were also reverted to have more bend and the wing pack was shrunk slightly (Also brought back the detachable wing pack using a more sturdy connection)

Gotta wait on Bricklink orders before the IRL pics. (Hoping I can get it done before the new year)

So for now these 3 digital pics (There are some parts in teal that don't exist yet. But don't want to change em as I'm holding out that they'll come in the 2024 Dragon Mech)

meis_dragon_mech_11.png

meis_dragon_mech_12.png

meis_dragon_mech_13.png

Edited by Takanuinuva