Sign in to follow this  
SUPER Max Black

[abandoned] OffRoad truck 6x6/6x4/4x4

Hi all.

It's been a while since I was at Eurobricks and didn't post anything. 

Let's get down to business: I recently got the idea to make a suspension on leaf springs using only original parts. Instead of springs, two parts 32199 from set 42038 were taken. This made it possible to make a soft suspension with a 2-pin stroke.

800x600.jpg

800x1067.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x800.jpg

800x749.jpg

Pros:

• Simple construction.

• Suspension travel in 2 pins.

Cons: 

• Maximum axle load - 500g.
  • Weak construction.
  • Wear of springs.

So far the cons outweigh the pros. I think I'll fix it over time.

Edited by SUPER Max Black

Nice solution, I really like the axle design. And the "Cons" aren't that bad if you think about an axle for a trailer or a trial truck, where a little play isn't that bad.

Only the "wear of springs" worries me a little bit, did you test this or saw a major impact of the weakening spring tension/force?

On 11/3/2022 at 6:49 PM, Jundis said:

Only the "wear of springs" worries me a little bit, did you test this or saw a major impact of the weakening spring tension/force?

Yes, I have similar parts that are over 6 years old and have a lot of wear on the ends.

By the way, I reduced the axial play by adding a transverse beam.

800x800.jpg

Now you can cross out one minus.

Good day.

Today I decided to try to create a new version of axles with a portal gearbox. So far, it's not perfect, but I'm thinking how to fix it.

800x409.png

I tried to make the axles as compact as possible, but with a large clearance, so I used portal reductors.

800x446.png

800x890.png

800x437.png

I also needed a large eversion, so the steering racks had to be abandoned. Because of this, Ackermann steering had to be used.

I haven't come up with a frame mount yet (which I don't have yet) and I need to redo the steering.

I don't have much experience, so please offer your ideas.

Not hello. (no one answers, so there is no point in greeting anyone)

I was thinking again about a suspension for a truck, and came up with an option with independent suspension and portal reductors. Here's what I got:

800x406.png

800x276.png

800x676.png

The distance between the wheel mounts is 25 studs. Large clearance and large steering angle. The design is compatible with most wheels with hub mounts. There is a small backlash (no more than 0.5 studs).

All this can give greater cross-country ability to the car on which it will be installed. It remains to find a place for the springs and you can go.

LXF

I look forward to your suggestions for improvement.

Edited by SUPER Max Black