Sign in to follow this  
Tobbit_is_here

Greetings

I'm Toby, a TFOL in my later teen years.

Since about 2018, I've become a more serious collector of LEGO, after many years of mistreating sets, by disassembling them and eventually placing them in one of two big boxes of random parts I've got. My passion for LEGO collecting was spurred by the relaunch of Harry Potter, and I've amassed a growing collection of sets from that theme, primarily focused on the inter-connecting Hogwarts Castle sets. I also occasionally get sets from the Marvel Superheroes, Speed Champions, and the (short-lived) Doctor Who themes. Big advocate for LEGO builds being minifigure scale focused, so cars should typically be at the very least seven studs wide, trains at least eight, etc.

Kinda contradictory that I collect Hogwarts Castle sets to be honest, as those are extremely truncated and chibified... though a true-scale Hogwarts Castle would probably be the size of a small house, and cost as much as one too!

I'm also a fan of custom LEGO products, such as minifigures from Firestar Toys and Citizen Brick, but those do cost a small fortune so I try to get them in sales, or with discounts, or second hand. I'm also attempting to create customs from scratch, i.e. painting them, as I'm pretty good at painting miniatures.

Thanks for the welcome. From my experience on this website so far, it is nice to be among like-minded individuals.

Also, as you appear to be a fan of LEGO trains, what is the best place to ask advice about building a large train moc? I have no experience with trains, but it's a theme I want to get into as I have a fondness for trains.