Sign in to follow this  
paave

[MOC] Bell 206 Helicopter

There are no many creations with the blades, so here's mine: Bell 206 Helicopter

800x600.jpg

Features:

- Main rotor collective pitch control
- Rear rotor pitch control
- Opening doors
- Rotating propellers
- PF: M-Motor, LiPo battery.

Video:

More photos:

800x600.JPG

800x600.JPG

Building instruction: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-98383/paave/bell-206-helicopter/#details

Edited by paave

Not liking the shaping on the front, looks too flat, like a table top. Also that tail rotor mechanism is just too massive and bulky and seems to make the spindly tail section significantly sag. Sorry just not a fan of this moc, although I do think it is good enough to warrant some redesigning.

Edited by Johnny1360

Looks nice and clean overall! It's true that the tail rotor pitch mechanism is a bit large, but I think it's worth compromising the look a bit for such an interesting function!

Nice. I think that the problem with the tail rotor is more about the size and thickness of the rotor blades than the size of the mechanism (which seems to be hard to make any more compact); Maybe rotor blade 99012 would be better?

I agree that the nose is a bit off; too flat, too long.

But overall, very nice job! :thumbup:

Thanks for the feedback.

The tail rotor is surely big, but it's the most compact I could do.

99012 blades are larger than needed.

The nose part is only lacking the cutout in the middle, so it seems long. I just kept it simple.

I think the looks of the nose might be improved if you changed the underside flex axles to white. At the moment it indeed looks too flat and long.

The tail rotor is really interesting, but I think it would suit better for a larger scale and a simple fixed-pitch propeller would be better here.

Otherwise nice job, I really like the middle and rear parts of the fuselage, the look is very clean and nice.