Sign in to follow this  
Dragonator

Mystery Castle - Day 3

IMPORTANT: If you are not a participant in the game, then please do not post in the game. These threads are reserved for players only.

day_3_large.jpg

That night the people of the keep had returned to their beds. Well most of them anyway. The chef was required to go help pick up the food deliveries for the next day. Outside, he greeted the delivery man, Gustav.

p1050307.jpg

The day's vegetables had arrived on a horse drawn cart and were in the midst of being unloaded. The food included apples, carrots and potatoes.

p1050308.jpg

The chef went over to check some barrels. At that moment, Friar Brown walked out of the small servant's entrance, obviously on his way back to the chapel.

p1050309.jpg

Nothing at all seemed amiss...

p1050310.jpg

...until a large Greek shield fell from above, narrowly missing the Friar.

p1050311.jpg

He did not however notice, probably because he was a little to drunk to. As he was walking, he passed Daniel the Squire walking back towards the main castle.

p1050312.jpg

Daniel was about to greet the chef as well when a Greek helmet fell on the chef's head, taking him by surprise.

p1050313.jpg

Meanwhile, the Friar walked on, oblivious to what was happening behind.

p1050314.jpg

Behind him, a Greek spear was thrown from one of the balconies...

p1050315.jpg

...and hit him. Down he fell.

p1050317.jpg

Gustav the driver turned and in horror saw that the Friar was lying on the ground bleeding. As he turned, one of the buckles on the horse's harness came lose.

p1050318.jpg

The chef was still trying to get the Greek helmet off his head, while Daniel watched, amused.

p1050319.jpg

At that moment the buckles on the horse broke, and the cart fell backwards, pouring its heavy load of potatoes all over Daniel, crushing him into the ground.

p1050320.jpg

Gustav turned again and stood shocked at what he saw.

p1050322.jpg

The harness had broken clean through, and it looked like it had been tampered with earlier.

p1050323.jpg

Looking down, it was clear to see that Daniel had been killed.

p1050325.jpg

Luckily, the spear intended to smite the Friar only pierced his leg. He was bleeding profusely, but it looked like he would live.

p1050329.jpg

M*g@bl%cks!

A foul curse was heard from up on the balcony.

When morning came, the rest of the castle got up and found out what had happened. Daniel was searched thoroughly, and it was discovered that he was a loyalist.

Lord Dragonator was once again not happy. Who was the killer? And would they strike again? Dragonator wants to know it all.

The people gathered in the Grand Hall to discuss what had happened that night.

Thanks once again for choosing to play. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. If you need to review the rules, then these can be found in the introduction thread (link in my signature).

Characters: (in no particular order)

Lord Dragonator (non player)

Majiko the Wizard (non player)

Lord Martin - (deceased, condemned by vote)

Mike (a servant)

Ernest the Chef

General Marcus

Michael (a soldier in the royal guard)

Lord Savril

Lord Ash

Lord Gary

Lady Suzanne

Grim (head of the royal guard)

General Spencer

Mary (a maid)

Paul (the cellar keeper)

Daniel (a young squire) - (deceased, crushed by a potato cart)

Rotrigous (king's advisor)

Calvin (a local fisherman)

Kyle (the castle torturer/executioner)

Lieutenant Byron (of the royal guard)

Friar Brown

Damien (a doctor and herbalist)

Fred (a soldier in the royal guard)

Players: (in no particular order)

1. Inertia

2. TinyPiesRUs

3. Hyphos

4. imperialshadows

5. WhiteFang

6. Lt. Veers

7. sdpirate

8. iamded

9. stash2sixx

10. I Scream Clone

11. Pencoin

12. Trexxen

13. Quarryman

14. Batbrick

15. Hinckley

16. AgentRick57

17. TheBrickster

18. KurttKrueger

19. Commanderbly42

20. Atoll Dweller

21. Flatfoot Thompson

Good luck, and enjoy! Remember, make it fun for the audience (namely me :wink:).

Edited by Dragonator

While the group was assembled in the grand hall, a loud metallic squeak was heard. Majiko who had been swooshing his wand about jumped at the sudden movement of a near by set of armour. Indeed it appeared the metal armour had been brought to life. Majiko astounded at his own accomplishment was quickly humbled when Lieutenant Byron lifted the helmet off his head.

A smell oozed from the armour and the Lieutenant was seen to blush.

The stunned gathering stood wide mouthed at the events happenings, the lieutenant took this rare *cough* moments silence and began explaining his tale and why he was in hiding.

“I am Lieutenant Byron of the royal guard, loyal soldier of the now sadly deceased king, I heard of my beloved king’s murder and went into hiding knowing full well, his death would only be possible if one close to him had betrayed him, knowing this I felt it my duty to investigate all those residing in the castle.”

Removing the one of armours boots a liquid spread to the ground and the stench grew.

“I have been in hiding now for two days; unfortunately one can not stop the natural process of ones body”

The removal of the second boot revealed something not so liquid but equally as smelly, to the disgust of all except Lord Savril (Hinckley), who seem delighted by the somewhat humorous appearance of *poo*

“I have only been able to establish two members of the castle that can be completely trusted, Lord Dragonator and Majiko, however the Dragon Ragnir is to be watched, *looks to Lord Dragonator* he cheated you in that last game of stones when your were interrupted by Fred (Kurtt Krueger), and yes beans was my last meal, what a great nose you have.”

“oh by the way before I forget, Friar (The brickster), this stench that covers me is not entirely all mine… you were full of the spirits late one night and stumbled over to me hiding in this here armour, I have you know, the lavatory was but a mere two doors down, or a tree would have been more conventional. Please Paul (Commanderbly42) and Lord Gary (Ice Scream Cone) stop giving the man so much alcohol, in fact I believe Rotrigous (Imperialshadows) has had enough as well, and so early in the morning.”

“Mary (Inertia) I am sorry for the mess I have caused, lay some lime down to aid in the smell and deal with the cleaning later”

*steps with a squish towards the two generals*

“General Markus (Batbrick) your Mayan buildings and lookouts up trees had you in an identity crisis, I trust your sure of your own identity now, General Spencer (?????da da daaa) however you have been sneaky thus far, and ashamedly I a member of the guard can not name another member, who are you I ask. And for that matter where be my commander Grim (?????) and that sneaky young squire Daniel (?????_Flatfoot Thompson)

*stomach rumbles*

“Mike (Stash2Stixx) could you please bring me something from the good *eyes suspiciously* cooks Ernest (Hyphos) kitchen, and Damien (Sdpirate/Dovchenco) or Lady Suzanne (AgentRick57) could you please give me some medical treatment, I fear I am faint from these fumes.”

*runs two doors down (the toilet) and slams the door shut where his now murmured voice can still be heard*

“Kyle (Trexxen) it seems had the day off, due to the lack of you all wanting to hunt down the traitors amongst us, hanging poor Lord Martin (Pencoin) was a regrettable start to our man hunt however he was very suspect indeed, and had I been among you would have made the same mistake. Now some of you hunt Lord Ash (TinyPiesRUs), why must we kill all those related to our king, do we not want his blood to rule over us once again, leave the family for now, let them grieve. Calvin (Atoll Dweller) is said to be working for Lord Ash, maybe we can learn more through questions than stopping a blood line… what has happened to all our earlier suspicions

Micheal (?Quarry man?) claims to be a simple man not knowing the ways of the high and mighty, confirm your identity as such before investigations shows you a liar.

((OOC this leaves only Iamded and Whitefang as unknown, these are not proven identities these are just my workings out by what was written also note this was written before day three was introduced and then edited for Flatfoots death!))

*re-emerges from the room, with a now familiar smell following*

“If you will excuse me for a short while I am going to retire to my room for some sleep and cleaning, Mary would you be so kind as to heat up a bath, I almost forgot I must feed my cat, sprinkles, she must be hungry by now, Mike when you bring my food up, bring something for my cat that is not fish, I trust not the food the wizard will not eat, not even for my cat”

*the Lieutenant turns and squishes his way to his quarters, the stunned gathering again found their voice, except for the wizard who was now curiously examining the armour, tapping it with his wand, the chest plate flew into the air and over the wall, Majiko jumped with joy at his achievement. Lord Dragonator simply rolled his eyes*

((OOC sorry for long post but it makes up for the two days missed and this is the last time I narrate the actions of others, it was simply for amusement in such a long post, and you may refer to my user name as Cpt. PB or Pegleg, as the full name is long…))

Regards

Cpt. PB (Lieutenant Byron)

Another tragic day.... A loyalist is killed in the end by an ambush. It seemed Friar is the obvious target. Whom else had Greek Armor in their rooms? Or did, someone entered other people rooms again and steal some armor and thrash onto Friar. Furthermore, someone had messed with the horse cart. It was an obvious sabotage.

Lieutenant Byron, I thanks for your summary. It seemed my identity is not clear at the moment. And I am glad I know whom are my subordinates. Nevertheless, I am very angry that after two days. There are already 2 loyalists added to the death tolls. And none of the the traitors are found. The traitors obviously knows whom are the loyal ones and is trying ways and ways to eliminate us one by one.....

Another tragic day.... A loyalist is killed in the end by an ambush. It seemed Friar is the obvious target. Whom else had Greek Armor in their rooms? Or did, someone entered other people rooms again and steal some armor and thrash onto Friar. Furthermore, someone had messed with the horse cart. It was an obvious sabotage.

Don't tell anyone, but dragonator killed Daniel for being a lazy participant, thus his death by potato. :laugh: So that sort of knocks out the cart tampering clue.

On the other hand, someone did try to kill the Friar. Perhaps he was on to something with the fisherman... or maybe that's what they want us to think.

Calvin! Yes! We need our daily investigation report from the fisherman. Let's see if there was wisdom in allowing him to live.

And what's with the Greek armour obsession? Aren't there any good old-fashioned English armours to knock over? Is this a clue that I'm missing? We know that there was a set near Lord Gary and Lord Saurkraut's rooms. I don't know how this helps.

Oh look, a note! :hmpf:

Lieutenant Byron smells like megablocks.

Yes. Yes he does. :sick:

The poor Friar! Are you you okay good man? May the healing power of the good lord be bestowed upon you. I am now very suspicious of Calvin, while I was so-so on the issue yesterday I now fully believe this man to be guilty, but first I will hear what he has to say!

Good grief Friar, I think that Clavin may have been angry at your accusation, he must be cleansed.

Byron, what on Earth were you doing in that Armor, even though you went into hiding, come on! Your antics will be the death of you!

I have to see to Byron's mess,

*Walks off*

The friar, certainly has a friend upstairs, first a shield then a helmet, then the spear only in the leg! that or this was a set up! what actions would a traitor seek to do more than play a victim. they certainly would not attempt more murders, not on my watch. accidental (a word i use lightly) death of poor Daniel a proven true loyalist is the real crime here. two loyal subject of the king now 6 feet under, a bad start indeed.

Lieutenant Byron smells like megablocks.

That note does not lie, however my bath does make its content old.

however, one thing i note of the note in its note-ness is the use of the term Megablock, and on that note is that not the same term we heard shouted after an attack on the friar... perhaps this note reveals more than smell, tell me advisor did you find that note or are you the author... or am i to assume that a ladies spirit wrote that note and placed it where you could find it... what evil you hide by talking to spirits?

so, i presume grim has finally given some inclination to his true identity, a mere general of the guard, would not claim such high words of subordinate referring to a fellow general. You hid well, and save but you being a lier, or someone that over estimates (or even wishes for enhancing) their power. what ambition do you hide i wonder if not my respectable commander?

it seems a voice crys out from the people for calvin, the fisherman. i indeed find him suspicious, but on grounds yet not discussed.

He and the loyal Lord Martin were rather at each other, claiming the other to be a traitor, then we find him in a room at night acting as a spy! he claims to have been working for lord ash, and claims not to know the Lords intentions, have we yet considered the opposite, does Lord Ash know of Calvins allegiance? haste into decision we must not, but one be made by the end of day, or else we might have more potatos

thank you Mary for cleaning so quick, that smell still hangs though...

wow, what do you know a note!!!

you still smell like megablocks!

this spirit be "damaging my calm" (one for the firefly fans), sprinkles needs her breakfast, i am not sure she will enjoy mashed potato, continues to mumble to self...

*walks off to again bath*

What I want to know is, why was the good Friar coming from the servants quaters? Had he been to see Mike and the Chef in order to get their stories right to absolve their involvement in the kings death?

Or maybe the Friar had been to blackmail one of the above, using his trusted position as a priest to hear the confessions of the castle inhabitants? Could that have been why someone attempted to kill the friar from above?

Someone must think that the friar knows to much and was obviously trying to bump him off. As for Daniel, that is the second loyalist dead. Obviously, the traitors are smarter than we were led to believe...

Ah, poor young child. Even if he wasn't a loyalist, I would have felt sorry for loosing his life so young. And why would have the good friar been drinking that late?

WhiteFang = is your rank General? You talk of how tragic everything is that innocent people continue to die, but you do not identify who you are, therefore you seem to be hiding something. Why are you hiding your name? Why do you choose not to be more forthcoming? Curious as to why an "innocent" man chooses not to enlighten us?

AgentRick57 = He died because he didn't contribute. Do not feel sorry for laziness. If someone says they are gonna play, then play.

I know that the Friar did not come to see me. No one came to see me last night. (Leaves a Steak, RED potatoes, and greens on a plate in Lord Byron's room, and some kibble for the cat)

KurrtKruegger = Keep pushin' there buddy. Everyday you make an accusation at me. Some are more mild than others, but everyday..... I know I'm innocent, and so do a few others. So now, if I were you, I would start to be a little more concerned as to how the rest of this day goes. I would be really, REALLY careful about anymore random, desperate accusations towards me or anyone else for that matter.

*sigh* It seems that yet another of our own has perished...

Lieutenant Byron, I welcome you...though your methods of hiding were both foolish and quite disgusting. Had you gotten so much as a cut you would have been infused with the substances, and that would not have boded well for you at all! Ask the good Friar for some spirits, as I am as sure that you need them as I am that he doesn't!

As for last night, well... :blush: I was unable to get any information at all. I, like the friar, had been a little too inebriated; however unlike him I did not foolishly blunder into the open. Nay, I simply passed out in my chamber. And Mike, though I agree that some people in our group may be a little too hasty and set on one person instead of focusing on the big picture, don't forget what happened the night before last, when I was assaulted outside of your door for trying to investigate you.

My head still hurts...

(OOC: I forgot to send the PM last night. Plain and simple. =P)

Come on in and investigate me.

How would I know you were outside though....I was sleepin.

No offense, but if you got popped in the noggin, I would say your spy days are over!

Micheal (?Quarry man?) claims to be a simple man not knowing the ways of the high and mighty, confirm your identity as such before investigations shows you a liar.

Yes Sir, private Michael reporting for duty, sir!

And we've lost another loyalist, I'm almost getting worried that we won't be getting out of here alive...

though that particular loyalist seemed like quite a slacker, maybe we're better off without him.

KurrtKruegger = Keep pushin' there buddy. Everyday you make an accusation at me. Some are more mild than others, but everyday..... I know I'm innocent, and so do a few others. So now, if I were you, I would start to be a little more concerned as to how the rest of this day goes. I would be really, REALLY careful about anymore random, desperate accusations towards me or anyone else for that matter.

But I am but a humble soldier, in the same way you are a humble servant. I think your paranoia is playing on you my friend, as I have never maid (geddit?) any accusations against you, Mike the Servant. Please, check my input into the accusations and prove me wrong.

You do seem very touchy though... What was the Friar coming to see you about?

As much as I believe in the church I would agree with others that we should question the friar on this matter. And welcome Lord Byron, I hope you can get cleaned up soon!

Thank you all for your concern. It was just a flesh wound (Has a quick vision of a future Monty Python film). Yes, I was wearing my Holy "polka dot" undergarments under my robe (makes the sign of the cross). Yes, someone wanted me dead; and once again, I draw your attention to the foul smelling Calvin the Fishy.

I assure you that I was not "black mailing" anyone, nor was I doing anything other than praying to Him to grant us insight as to who has killed our beloved King. Let he who walk without sin cast the first stone! As I've said before, those who hide their treachery shall be revealed through their actions. Also let the failed attempt on my life show that I am but a pious servant to the Church.

I shall be watching you closely KurttKruegmeyer, for you are quick to openly suspect a man who just survived the treachery of the evil that dwells among us.

Welcome Lord Byron as you join us in troubling times.

Another tragic death (which could have easily been avoided :tongue: ) Now as the body count continues to climb, the accusations will only intensify. At the moment i am of a mind to leave mike and calvin alone, and look into other shady characters.

Good Friar, i am glad to see you have survived with only a 'flesh wound', and you are right this humble soldier Kurt is quick to cast his opinion. Friar dont you mean

Let he who walk without sin cast the first SPEAR!
?

What an incredibly strange turn of events. Not to mention dastardly. Another loyalist killed, crushed by potatoes, and the Friar speared through the leg!

Well, if all the traitors know each other, then the attacker would have known that our young squire was a loyalist. He also attacked the Friar, and no doubt he wouldn't attack someone on his team, so the Friar must of course be innocent.

But then again, perhaps the attacker deliberately didn't cause a fatal wound on the Friar. Maybe he aimed to injure the Friar, to make people think the Friar was innocent as a traitor would never attack one of his own! Though they are filth, and crazy enough to attempt to take the keep, so maybe they would go so far as to attack each other to keep their identity hidden...

I'm sorry if I have offended you by having suspicions, Friar, but ones mind can be tainted by the drink...

(Says the alcoholic from Rome... :hmpf::tongue:)

Yes, I had spoken much enough to allow the rest to know whom I am. Go and figure it out, Mike!

I have nothing to hide, as my conscious is guilt-free. Trusting anyone for me, by mere words is aren't enough to convince me. I am not pinning down, any blames on anyone yet. I have made a mistake, and judged someone (Pencoin) wrongly on the first day. And, I felt regret.

Don't be sway away by treachery words, and trust only your judgement and instinct.

But then again, perhaps the attacker deliberately didn't cause a fatal wound on the Friar. Maybe he aimed to injure the Friar, to make people think the Friar was innocent as a traitor would never attack one of his own! Though they are filth, and crazy enough to attempt to take the keep, so maybe they would go so far as to attack each other to keep their identity hidden...

I'm sorry if I have offended you by having suspicions, Friar, but ones mind can be tainted by the drink...

What a tangled web of devilish dismay - :wacko:

Could such an individual be so keen and cunning? - I think not, My Son; but it is good that you mentioned it to show the foolishness of the thought.

Now, I must retrace my steps to figure out what evil can do such a thing and why (which is the real question)???

Lt. Byron is up in his room, smelling heavenly after his third bath, heartily eating away at the meal brought up to him, avoiding only the red potato...

"interesting, sprinkles whom do you suspect"

Byron is reading "how to catch and kill traitors for dummies" - the blurb reads: Has some one killed your king recently, do you need to find the killer before they find you, then this is the book for you! learn how to out smart the smartest of folk who plot and scheme, just don't forget to feed your cat.

"it says here *points to book* that one must investigate all evidence provided to them, and not trust what appears only on the surface"

*sitting thoughtfully in his chair he leans a little to far back and crashes to the floor, sprinkles jumps out of the way just in time*

"i have completed chapter 1, identify all those whom are suspects, now for chapter 2, i must identify those with motive and ability"

thinking out loud... the king is suspected to have died of poisoning, the cook would have cooked it, mike would have brought it, however, today when i ate my meal sat unattended for a while, who is to say someone did not tamper with it further, women and their herbs, or perhaps as alluded to by the wizard it was the one whom bought the fish, Mary or perhaps Paul may have bought the fish, but who's not to say they accidentally bought a poisoned fish from the fisherman... so, now i have narrowed it down, oh dear, i fear i have not, anybody could have done this to our king...

sprinkles, this is harder than one first expected... though my strongest suspicion lies in Calvin the fisherman, Grim said to trust only your own instinct, is my suspicion based on others accusations or my own thoughts, he seems to act defensive, ohh, joy chapter 3 should help decide!

lets move onto chapter 3, suspect behavior...

*continues to read the book lying on his back, every now and then lobbing a piece of potato out the window*

Byron is reading "how to catch and kill traitors for dummies" - the blurb reads: Has some one killed your king recently, do you need to find the killer before they find you, then this is the book for you! learn how to out smart the smartest of folk who plot and scheme, just don't forget to feed your cat.

"it says here *points to book* that one must investigate all evidence provided to them, and not trust what appears only on the surface"

Yes, an excellent series of books indeed! (pulls out a few with various titles from under his robe). My favorite is "How to be Witty When Playing Murder Mysteries, for Dummies That Is".

A very fine book indeed! I will like to take a look too.

however, one thing i note of the note in its note-ness is the use of the term Megablock, and on that note is that not the same term we heard shouted after an attack on the friar... perhaps this note reveals more than smell, tell me advisor did you find that note or are you the author

The use of megablock was just polite. I could actually cuss if I wanted to, but alas, the normal ranked members can't, so I decided to refrain for their benefit. No deep plot there.

... or am i to assume that a ladies spirit wrote that note and placed it where you could find it... what evil you hide by talking to spirits?

Notes from spirits is the realm of Lord Scrappydoo. I drink my spirits. More frequently these days. :sceptic:

it seems a voice crys out from the people for calvin, the fisherman. i indeed find him suspicious, but on grounds yet not discussed.

He and the loyal Lord Martin were rather at each other, claiming the other to be a traitor, then we find him in a room at night acting as a spy! he claims to have been working for lord ash, and claims not to know the Lords intentions, have we yet considered the opposite, does Lord Ash know of Calvins allegiance? haste into decision we must not, but one be made by the end of day, or else we might have more potatos

I actually have a theory that an investigator is almost like a priest (sorry, Friar), something of a neutral figure. I, however, suspect those who would hire such a person. How would they select who to investigate? Surely a traitor knows his own kind, so he would only investigate the loyalists, hoping to throw suspicion. As the first loyalist investigated, I felt that was the intended result.

Oh, and he didn't claim to work for Lord Ash. As I recall, he simple stated he worked for a Lord. His specific employment was revealed by Lord Ash himself.

At this point, we're still waiting for his report from last night. Part of the terms of his continued existance upon this mortal plane.