Recommended Posts

Hi,

I have a bit of a backlog of models I made last year, so in the coming weeks I'll try to present some of them. To start here is the Toyota Supra in 1:10 scale in two colours:

51824743720_4e7db768b7_b.jpg

The models feature the following functions:

- Indepedent suspension on all wheels
- Working steering through the steering wheel
- Opening doors, hood and trunk
- An 8-speed sequential gearbox operated through a 12T gear in the central column
- An inline 6 fake engine in the front

The bonnet was a challenge to build (especially in two colours), but luckily I was able to some of the dark grey triangle panels from LEGO before they purged them from their inventory. I am quite pleased with how the bonnets turned out. The design gives a lot of space for the front mounted engine:

51824365929_2b4a16087b_c.jpg

The steering axle runs underneath the engine, so it is all quite tight.

It is the 2021 version of the Supra, meaning there are a lot of little flaps and curves to copy. The front also has its fair share of those:

51824365884_bc863b5b9e_c.jpg

As does the back:

51824132448_051ff1cabd_c.jpg

Leg godt,

Jeroen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow your Toyota Supra looks very nice. I really like the 1:10 scale, because many people don´t built supercars in this scale anymore. I really like the lines of your car and it is instantly recognizable as a Supra, the only thing I don´t like that much is the roof, for me it seems to be a little bit flat, but over all it is a great looking car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

The bonnet was a challenge to build (especially in two colours)

In front of the front wheel, I see you struggled with the lack of 85x85p.jpg?1626703480.8100877 in DBG. If there's nothing connecting underneath it, you could try instead using 85x85p.jpg?1626703297.9468944 (stick the bar into the axle hole above -- it won't rotate) and 85x85p.jpg?1626703309.0466027. That'll give the exact same geometry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Instantly recognizable! Headlights are nice.

Idk what it is, but the "face" of the car looks kind of sad to me, like this: :sad: But I see the same thing on the real A90 too, so not to worry lol

The way the hood and fender panels line up is great, but the area in front of the doors ins't that nice. Looks like there is a chunk missing.

Rear is very well made, I like the use of the new 3L curved panel :thumbup:

And a 8speed sequential in 1:10 scale is very impressive, I like it. Well done!

Edited by Gray Gear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice, very nice!

57 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

Idk what it is, but the "face" of the car looks kind of sad to me, like this: :sad: But I see the same thing on the real A90 too, so not to worry lol

I felt the same way--I think it's the downward slope of the small panels directly above the headlights, kind of like sad eyebrows. I'm not sure if that can be easily changed, though, and otherwise it's quite impressive!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This looks great! Agree that the area just in front of the doors is the weak point but the rest is spot on.

Love the dbg version. It’s nice to see something in a more neutral colour for a change. Black cars can sometimes hide the details but grey works really well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  Will you sell instruction for this TOYOTA?:pir-love:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is really good. I would say, that looks better than that Valkirie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This Supra looks great and as others said, it´s refreshing to see something new in the 1/10 scale! Especially the rear view is sexy, the consistent use of the panels makes it really look nice. As I´m playing Forza H5 sometimes, it´s remarkable how round and curvy all of the shapes are. The system slopes ruin the looks a bit, especially on the roof.

As always, I´d be interested in a detailed belly shot. Is this just another exclusive private comission build or are you going to auction it to some big style investors in HongKong :sweet:?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great model. However, I have a comment about the photos. I think that the use of a lens with a longer focal length will make the vehicle look better. Now it is difficult to figure out the actual proportions of the model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another great model! I appreciate the 1:10 scale just like @brunojj1. I like the way you did the little ducktail spoiler; one of my favorites parts of the new Supra. Do you have a picture from the side?

Also, I remember how we gave TLG some guff for using the 42039 suspension in 42056, but it is a great design, and I'm happy to see it used here as well.

Again, great job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Roof looked kinda weird to me, but it made me notice how it is just as weird on the real car... Why make that dent in the middle of the roof? Doesn't look good imo :hmpf_bad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the comments. Much appreciated.

On 1/16/2022 at 11:12 PM, astyanax said:

In front of the front wheel, I see you struggled with the lack of 85x85p.jpg?1626703480.8100877 in DBG. If there's nothing connecting underneath it, you could try instead using 85x85p.jpg?1626703297.9468944 (stick the bar into the axle hole above -- it won't rotate) and 85x85p.jpg?1626703309.0466027. That'll give the exact same geometry.

85x85p.jpg?1626703297.9468944 is fast becoming my favorite part. I had a stash of them, but they are all gone already. I should have thought of it earlier :cry_sad:.

 

On 1/16/2022 at 11:33 PM, Gray Gear said:

Instantly recognizable! Headlights are nice.

Idk what it is, but the "face" of the car looks kind of sad to me, like this: :sad: But I see the same thing on the real A90 too, so not to worry lol

The way the hood and fender panels line up is great, but the area in front of the doors ins't that nice. Looks like there is a chunk missing.

Rear is very well made, I like the use of the new 3L curved panel :thumbup:

And a 8speed sequential in 1:10 scale is very impressive, I like it. Well done!

The area in front of the doors was hard. As usual, there is a lot going on in that area, so not much space to build with.

 

On 1/17/2022 at 4:54 AM, rm8 said:

  Will you sell instruction for this TOYOTA?:pir-love:

Unfortunately I do not have a digital model of this one, so no instructions I am afraid.

On 1/17/2022 at 7:43 PM, brunojj1 said:

This Supra looks great and as others said, it´s refreshing to see something new in the 1/10 scale! Especially the rear view is sexy, the consistent use of the panels makes it really look nice. As I´m playing Forza H5 sometimes, it´s remarkable how round and curvy all of the shapes are. The system slopes ruin the looks a bit, especially on the roof.

As always, I´d be interested in a detailed belly shot. Is this just another exclusive private comission build or are you going to auction it to some big style investors in HongKong :sweet:?

The car is already shipped and I didn't make a belly shot. It wasn't too interesting though, mostly panels forming the floor.

5 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

Another great model! I appreciate the 1:10 scale just like @brunojj1. I like the way you did the little ducktail spoiler; one of my favorites parts of the new Supra. Do you have a picture from the side?

Also, I remember how we gave TLG some guff for using the 42039 suspension in 42056, but it is a great design, and I'm happy to see it used here as well.

Again, great job.

That suspension is indeed quite a nice solution to get a limited travel on the wheels without blocking the springs halfway. Here is a sideview:

51829042303_4ed5c052a8_c.jpg

On 1/17/2022 at 8:03 PM, Samolot said:

Great model. However, I have a comment about the photos. I think that the use of a lens with a longer focal length will make the vehicle look better. Now it is difficult to figure out the actual proportions of the model.

Thanks for the advice. I am really not that good with photos. I have a 18-55 lens, but I usually have the camera pretty close to the model, because I do not have a lot of space when making photos in my workroom.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Jeroen Ottens Even though I am not a fan of the original car (design wise), your model is very well done. Too bad they are already shipped. I would have liked to see how you managed to put a 8 speed sequential gearbox at this scale!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.