Pengfei

Any Suitable Parts for Jet Planes Nose?

Hi, Happy new year!

Calling for Lego airplane fans, especially jet plane fans.

I tried to build some jet plane for years. But could not find a suitable part for jet plane nose. I tried some ways, but neither looks great.

Any one has the same trouble? And any one has any solution?

I have something like this

lego f-18

And something like this

WP_20191119_10_11_01_Pro

And something like this

racejetX03-01

And something like this

WP_20191119_09_44_15_Pro

But, non of them looks good and can universal.

There is also a piece, often used on the front of ship builds, that I have always considered using for a nose cone for a plane. Not sure how common it is though, I believe I only have one or two. It is more rounded and has a depression on each side that would work as part of jet intakes. 

Lego official sets use similar solutions. So, not shure if there is something really better.

@Johnny1360Hi, Johnny1360, glad to hear your reply. Could you please take a photo of that piece and post it here? So I know what it looks like?

19 minutes ago, Pengfei said:

@Johnny1360Hi, Johnny1360, glad to hear your reply. Could you please take a photo of that piece and post it here? So I know what it looks like?

Lol, unfortunately I don't possess that skill set, however, I can tell you the one I have came from set 42064 Ocean Explorer. It is part number 18591 windscreen 4x4x5 cone with pins. Hopefully that will be enough for you to find it on brinklink, as I don't even know how to embed the link here, lol.

Edit: The one I have is red, although I do think it comes it a couple of other colors, there are not many colors it is available in.

Edited by Johnny1360

Thank you all! I checked those parts, the 18591 is suitable, but not universal for jet fighters. Same as others.

I tried to design one of my own with Citia 5, but do not know how to incorporate it into parts library of LDD or Studio.

@JurssHi! Jurss, I designed a universal part may suitable for jet fighter. Do you know how to incorporate in into parts library of LDD or Studio? Or do you know any one who can help?

It kinda stands to reason that Lego doesn't have this, since they don't make military jets.

It's not really an answer to the question... but Cobi has really good pieces for this, because they do.

34 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

Only available in red, how about this?

That's exactly what was referred to in few of the previous comments.

@imvanyaI saw that one before. He did a great job creating a new style of jet fighter nose.

But what I want is a more universal one, which means it can be used to build all sorts of jet nose.

On 1/17/2022 at 9:44 AM, amorti said:

It kinda stands to reason that Lego doesn't have this, since they don't make military jets.

It's not really an answer to the question... but Cobi has really good pieces for this, because they do.

Every commercial and business jet that ever flew would like a word.

Joking aside, I feel your pain OP and I don't have a better solution other than what you shown have for smaller scale models. Once the scale increases it gets easier, I suggest you check Lego aircraft groups on Flickr for some ideas. What we REALLY need from Lego are offset cones.

Edited by Nobricksleft

Thanks, my friends. Finally, I designed a new part seems suitable for this purpose. Any comment?

Screenshot 2022-01-19 091222Screenshot 2022-01-19 091338

This is how it looks like after 3D printed.

WeChat Image_20210921103751

Looks good! It's the kind of part where you look and wonder why it doesn't already exist, so definitely legit.