The call of "Land Ho!" had come from the crow's nest thirty minutes earlier - they were nearing El Oleonda.

As they approached the wild-looking island, Post-Captain Rittenhouse consulted a map and said, "We're just to the west of Fort Arltrees, Sir Jonathan. I'll signal to the rest of the fleet to keep farther to sea as we round the next headland."

"Very good! Corporal Yeoman, head belowdecks and let the 26th Foot know our long voyage is nearing its end! Soon enough we'll bring the fight to the Lotii!", Brickleton replied.

land-ho-detail.jpg

land-ho-overview.jpg

Edited by evancelt

Nice! The angles are perhaps a bit sharp or not round enough, but it doesn't really detract from the overall great quality of the build. Plenty of details to look at and very crisp photography! The staging of the minifigures is excellent, as is the forced perspective in the first picture. At first I thought you'd used Duplo there, but it seems to be regular Lego after all. Too bad you can see the "end" of the ship in first picture, but that's nitpicking. It might've been a tad bit more immersive if you found a way to not show that the build ends there. But like I said, I'm just grasping at straws here and nitpicking over a really beautiful MOC!

Very nice build! The crew is on the main deck and sighting land. The main deck is realistically built. The first photo was taken from a very good angle. The second photo shows the ship better. The side wall is a little high and too sloping. But with the ornaments it could be a galleon. If you continue to build the ship like this, it would also look good.

Great cutaway ship segment!  Makes for some really nice forced perspective, though I agree with Khorne that if the ship had extended a little farther to the end of the picture it would have been even more immersive!

Thanks guys! The forced perspective is a little cheat-y. I first took a picture of the island and then put it up on a computer monitor. Then I set the ship section in front of the monitor :pir-grin:

Here is a square crop of the first photo that I shared on Instagram. We lose the sailor on the right and the little bit of curvature in the beach, but it does a better job of hiding that the ship ends abruptly!

land-ho-detail-sq.jpg

Edited by evancelt

Very cool! I was wondering about trying this as a story's setting. I've been tinkering with overlapping images in order to show a whole company performing close order drills. This gives me hope.

Wow! Building such a substantial part of a ship for just a pic shows dedication to the cause! :pir-tongue: And OK, tumblehome may not be ideal, but I really like the deck and the overall build still stands out due to colors, size and significant effort! :pir-huzzah2:

On 1/15/2022 at 11:40 AM, Khorne said:

Too bad you can see the "end" of the ship in first picture, but that's nitpicking. It might've been a tad bit more immersive if you found a way to not show that the build ends there

I agree

18 hours ago, evancelt said:

Thanks guys! The forced perspective is a little cheat-y. I first took a picture of the island and then put it up on a computer monitor. Then I set the ship section in front of the monitor :pir-grin:

Clever!!!

8 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Wow! Building such a substantial part of a ship for just a pic shows dedication to the cause!

Haha there are Duplos in the middle of the ship! I think in total the build took ~2 hours

On 1/15/2022 at 4:04 PM, evancelt said:

Here is a square crop of the first photo that I shared on Instagram. We lose the sailor on the right and the little bit of curvature in the beach, but it does a better job of hiding that the ship ends abruptly!

Wow, that is a neat trick. I thought you had Photoshopped the two images together.

The cropped picture is indeed more immersive. Too bad about the soldier on the right though. Man overboard! :tongue:

love the perspective shot. Does this actually constitute troops arriving in New Haven. The discussions opened up after the last MRCA closed I thought so as of yet I'm tracking we all haven't had a turn to start moving troops. I ask cause I was tracking we were all bound to not even shipping troops off until NEXT MRCA and so if there was some easing of that to get this campaign underway we are all in.

1 minute ago, CapOnBOBS said:

love the perspective shot. Does this actually constitute troops arriving in New Haven. The discussions opened up after the last MRCA closed I thought so as of yet I'm tracking we all haven't had a turn to start moving troops. I ask cause I was tracking we were all bound to not even shipping troops off until NEXT MRCA and so if there was some easing of that to get this campaign underway we are all in.

Great question @CapOnBOBS - I'll punt to @Ayrlego and @Bregir :pir-grin: There has been internal discussion where the movement would be this turn, but they can confirm.

I hedged here and made the story have them be *almost* there. @Brickwolf went in for a landing though with his 95ths :pir-laugh:

Also, while I'm mentioning all these accounts, is ESL discussing joining the fight still, or did that peter out? ( @Capt Wolf / @KotZ)

1 hour ago, evancelt said:

I'll punt to @Ayrlego and @Bregir :pir-grin:

For EGS purposes Corrington has not yet landed troops on El Oleonda, although we are massing in the New Haven Sea.

Outside of the EGS, players are welcome to tell their own stories. I'd guess that in the above mentioned cases Evan and Brickwolf have landed small contingents outside of the EGS to conduct scouting missions etc for background flavour.

Corrington has long planned to take the fight to the Lotus, so we have been in the process of shipping troops east already. Exactly how far they have gotten, I am not sure until we see the results, which should be under way :pir-blush:

18 hours ago, evancelt said:

Also, while I'm mentioning all these accounts, is ESL discussing joining the fight still, or did that peter out? ( @Capt Wolf / @KotZ)

I replied for ESL. We're open to suggestions but have no specific plans at this time. We are likely to shift some ships into the New Haven Sea to combat the Lotii on the water, but troops are unlikely (unless @Maxim I redirects his troops that have gone to The Lowers).

20 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

I replied for ESL. We're open to suggestions but have no specific plans at this time. We are likely to shift some ships into the New Haven Sea to combat the Lotii on the water, but troops are unlikely (unless @Maxim I redirects his troops that have gone to The Lowers).

Always open for mercenary proposals :D

On 1/18/2022 at 7:36 AM, Bregir said:

Corrington has long planned to take the fight to the Lotus, so we have been in the process of shipping troops east already. Exactly how far they have gotten, I am not sure until we see the results, which should be under way :pir-blush:

To the Lotus? Mainland or island? :D

32 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

To the Lotus? Mainland or island? :D

Just the Eastern Seas ;)