Reker1000000

Sealed 7862 opening

Hello EB,

I'd just like to mention that I recently bought a sealed 7862 Remote Controlled Decoupling from 1981 for a very good price, and I opened it on video. I'm still working on editing the complete video but I will post it to YT and link it in this topic when it's up. It was a real experience to open a sealed set! I've never opened an 80s set before. The box is in excellent condition, before I opened it still in the cellophane, and all of the parts are of course in mint condition. It even had the 1981 small train brochure.

-Reker1000000

I always wanted to have one as a kid. When I was able to buy it as an AFOL I was a little disappointed that it did not work as well as I had imagined as a child, but still it was a great little set, especially with the nice little signal etc. Apart from that: great that you bought the set and were bold enough to open it!!!

13 minutes ago, JopieK said:

I always wanted to have one as a kid. When I was able to buy it as an AFOL I was a little disappointed that it did not work as well as I had imagined as a child, but still it was a great little set, especially with the nice little signal etc.

I share the same considerations

7862 is nice set, necessary to complete the collection, but not very usable :classic:

On 1/14/2022 at 4:35 PM, Reker1000000 said:

It was a real experience to open a sealed set!

That is what counts! Very nice, that you had this experience. And you will for sure find ways to operate 7862 as a very useful (as in enjoyable) set.

And this

1 hour ago, Reker1000000 said:

has been working great, very smooth decoupling

is as good as it possibly can get!

All the best,
Thorsten

3 hours ago, Toastie said:

That is what counts! Very nice, that you had this experience.

For sure! So cool to open a sealed 12v set. Maybe one day I'll open a sealed trainset :wub_drool:

3 hours ago, Toastie said:

And you will for sure find ways to operate 7862 as a very useful (as in enjoyable) set.

Definitely, I have plans to add a shunting yard to my future layouts since I also bought 3 more electric points recently. I'm a bit lacking in signals though since I have 3 trains (7730, 7745, 7750 with 7820) but only 2 signals, so probably those are on the list.

Good shot! I had the same enjoyable experience opening a real spare part  (Big 7750 Wheels) to complete my DB BR50!!! :sweet:

The 7862 is a nice addon! I had it near the 7838 loading station!!! :thumbup: