Sign in to follow this  
BardDandelion

Arabian Street

Hi!

Wanted to share my part of Zbudujmy To! LUG collab we made last year. We built Arabian Street diorama with desert, poor district and rich district sections.

I built 6BP - 4BP in poor district and 2BP in rich district.

In poor district I got three buildings and a chase scene - city guards run after the escaping thief and his monkey. It's highly inspired by Alladin movie or Assassin's Creed game.

Arabian Street

Arabian Street

Arabian Street

To rich district I made merchant's house. Used more colors and plants than in poor district buildings.

Arabian Street - Merchant' House

Hope you enjoy my builds. Visit my ig for more details shots. ;)

Great diorama! The escape scene is very well portrayed. The pigeons that were freed to hinder the pursuers and the jump to the other house are exciting. The whole diorama is vividly rendered with great detail. The merchant's house with the tower and fountain also looks great.

Awesome mocs and quite a funny scene in the first one :laugh: And some geat details like the birds comming out of the cage on the right house and the laundry on the line on the left house.

What's that guy doing on the roof of the merchant's house... :pir-murder:

So many great builds in one post. Excellent.

Of course, the first pic is the best as it has got a monkey in it :laugh:

Great job with those pigeons (are they?) and the laundry on the line :thumbup:

The dome shows some very elaborate building techniques. 

I haven't figured out the water yet: are those fish-printed transparent tiles? If so, where are they from?

There is more to praise (e.g. the overall look and feel or the palm trees) but I am running out of time :grin:

Well done! Love the action packed scene as well as a peaceful one. Appreciate it that you left some space for desert in your diorama, it looks better than it’s too crowded (even for oriental bazaar)

Great mocs composing a great scene from one of my favorite movies! Smart techniques all around but I think the birds are the best!

Edited by blackdeathgr

On 1/15/2022 at 9:30 PM, BardDandelion said:

Thank you! Printed tiles with fish are from Chinese New Year set from last year - 80107.

Thanks for letting me know - I bought one or two Chinese sets, but not that one :laugh:

Great usage of those fish-tiles!

Finely created MOC. Plenty of detail and the implied action is spot on. I like the flock of birds on the rooftop. I gather you have quite a collection, seeing as you have goats and use a planet for the dome.

Great work from you and on the whole collab. I love Aladdin and Assassin's Creed so you got me with this one! :dhappy: 

@Captain Braunsfeld Hi! If you still interested into these fish-tiles, there are some new available at PaB. I believe there are two new prints.

@Feuer Zug Thanks for appreciation. Yes, I have two goats, bought that Mill Raid set when it was available in shops. It costed less than a single goat nowadays. Crazy, isn't it?

@Darkdragon Thanks a lot! Alladin and Assasin's Creed both had great impact on my build, I put characters inspired by these movie and games at my part of the collab. ;)

@BlackGloveBricks Thank you very much! Glad that you enjoyed my build. ;)

20 hours ago, BardDandelion said:

@Captain Braunsfeld Hi! If you still interested into these fish-tiles, there are some new available at PaB. I believe there are two new prints.

Thanks. I got some in the meantime through Bricklink.

And I studied physics myself .... :pir-huzzah2:

Awesome layouts!
The buildings are well detailed and in the right style, both in a poor area and in a rich one. The characters and scenes with them are also great!
Everything looks very harmonious!