Pendra37

[MOC] Mass Effect M35 Mako

After replaying some Mass Effect 1, I realized that I need a Mako MOC. One that is correct minifig scale, can seat 3 minifigs. have some windshield, can open the side doors and allows access to the inside. This is the first iteration what I came up with. No stickers yet but I will create them as well. 

800x450.jpg

Mako_Upscale_11.png

Mako_Upscale_b12.png

800x450.png

800x450.png

Edited by Pendra37

6 hours ago, Kage Goomba said:

Nicely done!

Now lets see the Hammerhead :D

Thanks!

No Hammerhead. That thing felt like a bad joke after all the many hours of driving around and doing crazy stunts in the M35. The absence of the M35 in ME2 really left a bad taste in my mouth.    

Nails the hexagonal shape and keeps the lines clean, well done.

Yeah I missed the Mako in subsequent games, I think some people had trouble driving it but I thought it was great fun with all of the crazy off-world off-roading opportunities. I think it might have been a disconnect between mouse/keyboard players and controller players...

Add me to the list of people who liked and preferred the Mako. ME1 was really something special.

As for your build, I think you've done an excellent job. Mass Effect has such a clean visual design and your recreation of the Mako really captures the lines of the "real" thing. I like the extras a lot too, like the interior and the little boarding hatch.

I like how everyone who builds these does it a little differently and it always looks cool. I've gotta go back and re-do mine to update with new parts.

Very fond memories of crossing all those planets (and extreme stunts, driving on a mountain, etc.) with the Mako in ME1, shame it didn't appear in the sequels.

You have made an excellent MOC, it looks really good, will you also create a non-digital version?

17 hours ago, the Inventor said:

Very fond memories of crossing all those planets (and extreme stunts, driving on a mountain, etc.) with the Mako in ME1, shame it didn't appear in the sequels.

You have made an excellent MOC, it looks really good, will you also create a non-digital version?

Thanks! I'm not overly happy with the front section and I'm trying to figure something better there. I am also looking into motorizing it somehow. Once I get to a version I totally like, I will definitely build it.

Finally went around and built it for real. It is a massive beast! 750 pieces and 50 USD in parts. I quite like it. The doors are weak points now, I will have to improve them a bit. Also make the internals more spacious and add clips to hold weapons.  It definitely goes to Rebrickable after the improvements :).

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

Edited by Pendra37

Thanks! In the meantime, I updated the sides a little. It is a bit more fragile but meshes better with the side exits and allows colored tiles to be used. 

Love it - great job! I love any futuristic moon rovers and space vehicles - and this looks particularly fierce!