Captain_Quinn

LPub3D - Development and project status questions

Does anyone here know what is happening with development/maintenance of LPub3D? Last activity from the dev, Trevor Sandy, on Github was August last year, with last response to bugs/comments/etc some weeks prior.

3 hours ago, Captain_Quinn said:

Does anyone here know what is happening with development/maintenance of LPub3D? Last activity from the dev, Trevor Sandy, on Github was August last year, with last response to bugs/comments/etc some weeks prior.

This happens from time to time. I had an issue and emailed him a couple times and didnt hear back for 18 months. 

2 hours ago, supertruper1988 said:

This happens from time to time. I had an issue and emailed him a couple times and didnt hear back for 18 months. 

Similar to what happened with me. The last revision was: 2021-05-14.  This is a free software so (I'm sure) it is updated in his free time.

9 hours ago, 1963maniac said:

Similar to what happened with me. The last revision was: 2021-05-14.  This is a free software so (I'm sure) it is updated in his free time.

oh, I totally get that the developers time is his to do with as he sees fit... and I'm grateful for the work he puts into this project, as the results have been great. Yes, there's issues with the software, but it's still better than similar offerings such as Studio's Instruction Creator.

Just hoping that Trevor's ok, and yeah... that development/support on LPub3D continues.

The last time it happened I started learning QT hoping to fix the issue I was having. He replied a few months later and I had not made it far enough to make any progress hahaha

He should come around eventually. I did email him as well as put in a support ticket both on GitHub and SourceForge.