Aurore

[Freebuild] Arkax' Carnival Costumes

I recently built the small Disney castle, which put me in a fairy-tale mood. So here is something more...sugary than usual. 
Now I need to find a bridge to my main storyline...

The main photo is my entry for the "Kiosks" contest on Brickcentral, while the tidy vignette version is my entry for the "12x12 Vignette" category of Brickscalibur

Once upon a time, far away in the heart of the Enchanted Lands, there was a city.
A city of lights and wonders, a city renowned for its alluring balls and fascinating masquerades.
And in this city, there was a little mask-maker who had a secret...

51815375885_b3a20e07dd_b.jpg

51814762913_612f1ba115_c.jpg

51813696402_41b24ef976_z.jpg

51815375580_c5aa81b2de_z.jpg

51814658561_dd8863c3c1_z.jpg

51814999299_f36644d7bc_z.jpg

Spoiler

Ooooh, the Disney castle!
51815888206_db32e8d82c_c.jpg

Edited by Aurore
Smaller images

Great work - I particularly like the use of unicorn shield and gold candelabra in the kiosk! The use of those Chima heads as "masks" is quite creative!

The figures are great too. I have to get some of those "angel wings"!

Edited by socalbricks
Chima was previously auto-corrected to "China"!

Putting the castle behind this was such a fun idea :laugh:  Makes for a great backdrop!  Love the variety of masks too.

Great idea using the Chima heads.  Now I really need that blue dragon head.  Kiosk looks great and nice use of the ingots for the stone street.  

@socalbricks Thank you so much! I've been looking for a use of the unicorn shield for ages - I absolutely love its metallic blue filigrees!

@Servertijd Thank you very much! I'm really glad you like the amount of detail as it was my first try at the vignette format.

@Kai NRG Thank you so much! I first wanted to build my own micro-castle for the backdrop but the Disney one completely matches what I had in mind! :laugh:

@zoth33 Thank you very much! Both Chima and Vidiyo minifigs are proving way more useful than what I had initially thought...now I'm a total fan of both. :grin:

Fantastic work.  Lot of little details packed into one small build here!  The color scheme is very coordinated, and the amount of special pieces in here that work in concert is rather amazing.  You have a real knack for finding mini parts that work together well.  I like how the cart is angled to the border as well.