BillytheKid

Show Your Army, Navy, and Collection Display

I love that minifigure display! Brilliant idea to make the little stands modular so it can easily be rearranged. :thumbup: Now, all it needs is a large window to keep all the dust out, - my biggest LEGO display gripe! :hmpf_bad:

Ah, well I read a Brickset review that said a name for the Sith Warrior could be Darth Marr, so that kinda stuck. But yeah, I try and name those that are assigned with generic names (also since I use images from Wookieepedia for the diisplay, it's more useful to search named characters. I think I nearly named the Ithorian Byph or something like that, in an attempt to identify it. The Ithorian's stand uses Byph's picture anyway but I do know it's not close enough to be him unfortunately).

I was actually quite disappointed that Revan didn't come with a reversible face print when it came out last year (I remember having thoughtful conversatons with some friends on Brickset, who collect Star Wars more than I do, about the figure actually and they agreed). But that's another discussion entirely.

Don't worry too much about the "names matter" :wink:

I run into very long articles about that Minifigure and honestly it is not a very important thing, collection-wise. If you are interested I remember in the end the general consensus is Darth Marr has a different, even though similar, armor and that character is just a Sith Warrior.

If you want my opinion use it to represent whoever you wish. It's your collection and you really want a Darth Marr, then he is Darth Marr :classic:

I missed the Revan Minifigure since it was released during my absence from the hobby. I always wondered if it would be worth to buy it from some online seller.

Anyway congratulations again for your brilliant display :classic:

I have two more "Lego Star Wars army project" to show here :wink:

The first is the beginning of my Senate Commandos army. It's very small at the moment but the photos shows the Minifigures' wonderful details. 75088 is a wonderful set.

"Protectors of the Senate"

The second is my Wookiee Army and it appears it is...

"One of the largest Wookiee armies"

I made some search and it seems the biggest Lego Wookiee army I found on the web has just five Minifigures more than mine but I have more vehicles. Not that's really important but I was a bit curious :wink:

Let me know what you think. Comments are always appreciated. I'll try to post better photos of the Wookiee army soon :classic:

The first is the beginning of my Senate Commandos army. It's very small at the moment but the photos shows the Minifigures' wonderful details. 75088 is a wonderful set.

"Protectors of the Senate"

I like the idea a lot, since I am a big fan of the Senate Commandos (in the absence of Senate Guards). I'd just replace the stud-shooters with actual blasters.

On a nerdy note: the SC also protected the Chancellor, so having them pose in the office e.g. is totally accurate. The TCW show simply did not have the budget to make the robes of the Red Guard initially, that is why they came up with the SC. Not that I'd complain.

To bad they mostly served as target practice for the villains.

I like the idea a lot, since I am a big fan of the Senate Commandos (in the absence of Senate Guards). I'd just replace the stud-shooters with actual blasters.

On a nerdy note: the SC also protected the Chancellor, so having them pose in the office e.g. is totally accurate. The TCW show simply did not have the budget to make the robes of the Red Guard initially, that is why they came up with the SC. Not that I'd complain.

To bad they mostly served as target practice for the villains.

Thank you for your comment :classic:

I don't like stud shooters but I run out of standard blasters. I used all the ones I found for my growing Clone Army and I don't have a single standard blaster available for them.

Beside the most accurate weapon should the blaster rifle and I have even less of them. I plan to acquire few more, though :wink:

I don't have the Palpatine office set, otherwise it would be perfect for displaying the Commandos. However I will add some scenery. This is just the beginning of the project so I'll add more Commandos and hopefully so scenery to display them.

It's too bad indeed the served mostly as target practice. They acted as the "red shirts" of the Star Wars universe, you know what I mean.

I'm glad you like my idea. I'll surely expand the core of the army. If I only could find some non-clone troopers speeder: it would be nice to give them some vehicle in addition to the battle pack heavy weapon :classic:

I'm glad you like my idea. I'll surely expand the core of the army. If I only could find some non-clone troopers speeder: it would be nice to give them some vehicle in addition to the battle pack heavy weapon :classic:

If I may: I recommend the Mandalorian Speeder!

I think that is a perfect vehicle, at least going by the colours. I could well see the Commandos driving Senators around in this car. And perhaps the gatling shooter of the battle pack can replace the flimsy gun. :classic:

http://lego.wikia.co...alorian_Speeder

Other than that, you may try building the H2 Executive Shuttle:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/H-2_executive_shuttle

It's too bad indeed the served mostly as target practice. They acted as the "red shirts" of the Star Wars universe, you know what I mean.

Yeah served as the Worf of TCW: defeated to show that the threat was credible.

http://tvtropes.org/...n/TheWorfEffect

Edited by Flieger

All these armies look amazing..

I wonder though, are there any 'new republic' lego armies out there yet? Even though there arent any sets for that.

If I may: I recommend the Mandalorian Speeder!

I think that is a perfect vehicle, at least going by the colours. I could well see the Commandos driving Senators around in this car. And perhaps the gatling shooter of the battle pack can replace the flimsy gun. :classic:

http://lego.wikia.co...alorian_Speeder

Other than that, you may try building the H2 Executive Shuttle:

http://starwars.wiki...ecutive_shuttle

Yeah served as the Worf of TCW: defeated to show that the threat was credible.

http://tvtropes.org/...n/TheWorfEffect

The Mandalorian speeder is sold out but I saw it at decent prices around, so I may give it a look. Thank you for the advice :wink:

The Executive Shuttle would be perfect. If I only had the time to focus on MOCs. Perhaps in the future :classic:

I agree on the "Worf Effect". They are also used to show how "badass" our heroes are :wink:

I suggest Cad Bane's Speeder:

http://brickset.com/...-Bane-s-Speeder

It even comes with two Senate Commandos!

Sadly another set released when I was away from the hobby. I haven't seen it at a reasonable price but I can keep looking. Thank you for the suggestion :classic:

All these armies look amazing..

I wonder though, are there any 'new republic' lego armies out there yet? Even though there arent any sets for that.

Well, that would be interesting. If I remember correctly the New Republic had a white/beige uniform with green helmet and green cape. At least that was their appearance in the Wizard of the Coast Star Wars miniature game from several years ago.

Perhaps starting with some Rebel trooper, looking for additional pieces and then adding the cape could be a start. It would be a very original army to build. However it's possible in the new movies they will wear completely different uniforms and it's even possible we'll get some official Minifigure :classic:

Well, that would be interesting. If I remember correctly the New Republic had a white/beige uniform with green helmet and green cape. At least that was their appearance in the Wizard of the Coast Star Wars miniature game from several years ago.

Perhaps starting with some Rebel trooper, looking for additional pieces and then adding the cape could be a start. It would be a very original army to build. However it's possible in the new movies they will wear completely different uniforms and it's even possible we'll get some official Minifigure :classic:

Is the new movie going to be featuring the new republic? I have no idea what the new movie is going to be about yet.

Is the new movie going to be featuring the new republic? I have no idea what the new movie is going to be about yet.

I haven't followed all the rumors (just watched the trailer) but I guess if they plan to make a trilogy at some point the Alliance to Restore the Republic will have to become the New Republic... at some point :classic:

My room, cant fit in more models as of now(got another 9 UCS models waiting to get showcased!)

Picture: http://imgur.com/4TMKLNl

Great collection indeed and displayed in a very "Star Wars styled" room. Well done :classic:

I've seen someone making this

Very nice. An interesting way to solve the "Imperial Transport scale issue" :classic:

My room, cant fit in more models as of now(got another 9 UCS models waiting to get showcased!)

Picture: http://imgur.com/4TMKLNl

Nice collection of UCS sets. I would love to add the Y-Wing to my collection, but they are SO expensive.

OMG ! That's an amazing room. ... ... luv the teddy bear :)

Thanks! Yeah, the bear is my wife's contribution. He's got a scarf and earmuffs, so she said he's a Hoth teddy bear.

Here is my humble army.

2 CIS Droids (Uh-oh), 5 clones, 5 Imps (1 in AT-ST) and lots of Rebels!

pIpyrRF.jpg

For some reason I had these 3 stored elsewhere.

1HN017p.jpg

Edited by Kelso

Here is my humble army.

2 CIS Droids (Uh-oh), 5 clones, 5 Imps (1 in AT-ST) and lots of Rebels!

<snip>

For some reason I had these 3 stored elsewhere.

That's a very nice collection you have there!

Edited by MKJoshA
Don't Quote Pictures

I recently bought more Senate Commando packs and I finally posted the photos of my updated Senate Commando army. Now it is five times larger the one I posted before.

Here is:

"Protectors of the Senate" my Lego Star Wars Senate Commandos army 2.0

Comments and feedback always appreciated. I wish I had the chance to add some vehicle but I think it is still an interesting little project :classic:

I recently bought more Senate Commando packs and I finally posted the photos of my updated Senate Commando army. Now it is five times larger the one I posted before.

Here is:

Comments and feedback always appreciated. I wish I had the chance to add some vehicle but I think it is still an interesting little project :classic:

Awesome Senate Commando army, Bricksev! Certainly the largest I've seen.

I'm currently building up my Clone Trooper army. I plan to assemble a squad of every division.

Awesome Senate Commando army, Bricksev! Certainly the largest I've seen.

I'm currently building up my Clone Trooper army. I plan to assemble a squad of every division.

Thank you very much :classic:

I really like the Senate Commandos Battle Pack since it allows us to explore a aspect of the Star Wars universe not very common in Lego form.

I'm building a Clone Army too. The fact is the project is in motion and it changes so quickly I haven't been able to take "up-to-date" photos.

Counting both the assembled sets and those I bought but haven't built yet, I should (just an estimate) about 160-170 Clones and 50 vehicles.

I think I could start with some photos of the "completed sections" of the army, like my Kashyyyk Clone Troopers. I have 80 of them, plus the battle packs swamp speeders, Commander Gree, the AT-AP, the first Turbo thank, the first swamp speeder etc.

I'm thinking about starting an "Imperial Special Operations Forces" group with Shadow Troopers and Shadow Guards. Too many projects, I guess lol :wink:

Thank you again for your words. I'm glad you liked my project :classic:

Here is:

Very stylish. I have a suggestion for supplementing the blasters, if you're amenable: The regular Lego rifles (like in Western and Adventurers sets) could just about pass as the Senate Guard rifles.

As far as a vehicle goes, I would actually suggest the "Cad Bane's Speeder" set. Throw the stupid bounty hunters overboard and you have a standard Coruscant airspeeder. Plus two more Senate Commandos for the ranks. As far as sets go I can also see the Police Gunship working.

...Alternatively, in lieu of vehicles you could make a Senate Building Entrance for them to guard.