BillytheKid

Show Your Army, Navy, and Collection Display

And if the only window is in a northward direction?

That does not matter. everywhere there is normal sunlight UV light will also find it's way. UV reflective film is the best option probalbly. I'm not sure, but it might even absorb the UV and change it in normal light, which makes the room less full of shadows

I just looked at my R2-D2 and IS and couldn't see a differece between the outer and inner side of the bricks. A good sign isn't it?

If this doesn't belong here please move the posts to the right topic.

Edited by Robert_88

I see you have several models of the same vehicle (different design), I would suggest storing the old ones and keeping the new ones (or your favorite ones) on display.

That´s a good idea, i need some space to display my 10030 and 10221!!

I would put it in something like you have with R2. White bricks will always yellow over time if they are kept out, its inevitable. Does the sun come through a window directly on to it? if so I would move it asap!

But thats just me!

All right, i am moving just now, but it´s a pity, my wife doesn´t leave me another place for display it :cry_sad: .

It's because of the UV in sunlight. If you put UV reflective film on the window it will help a lot.

That does not matter. everywhere there is normal sunlight UV light will also find it's way. UV reflective film is the best option probalbly. I'm not sure, but it might even absorb the UV and change it in normal light, which makes the room less full of shadows

So, does anybody know if that solution is good???? that would be easy to do!!

:sceptic:

I thought that was funny because unless you had 300+ tuskens, his army would annihilate your tuskens. I was assuming you didn't have 300+ tuskens because they only came out in one set, which was released in 2002 for $10. I assumed that because that would be roughly $1,500 worth of tusken raiders. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think many people have $1,500 worth of tusken raider minifigures. I apologize if you don't share my humor.

As for the UV rays discussion I think that UV reflective film would work pretty well.

I thought that was funny because unless you had 300+ tuskens, his army would annihilate your tuskens. I was assuming you didn't have 300+ tuskens because they only came out in one set, which was released in 2002 for $10. I assumed that because that would be roughly $1,500 worth of tusken raiders. Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think many people have $1,500 worth of tusken raider minifigures. I apologize if you don't share my humor.

As for the UV rays discussion I think that UV reflective film would work pretty well.

thanks steel tiger, i have been looking for information, and it seems so does it. This week i will try to buy it!

So, does anybody know if that solution is good???? that would be easy to do!!

UV film will help a great deal. It also helps keep the room from getting really hot in summer. Here's a tip though - get the window REALLY REALLY clean before you try and put it on. If you don't it'll end up peeling off.

UV film will help a great deal. It also helps keep the room from getting really hot in summer. Here's a tip though - get the window REALLY REALLY clean before you try and put it on. If you don't it'll end up peeling off.

Perfect, i have talked with one of my providers, let´s see if he can get them at a good price!!

And also keep in mind that UV rays are essential for production of hormons/vitamin D in you body, so with UV filters on your windows you will keep you lego nice and new but you will also slowly destroy your body ;)

Update!

The army grows and grows :laugh:

13739520794_1f0286a082.jpg

Edited by markus1984

The mods are going to have a lot of work cleaning this up. :p

I keep my LEGO covered up with a thick curtain (most of the time I'm in an other room anyway) and try not to let any direct sunlight shine on the curtain. This is doing the trick very well so far.

Other things that will yellow your bricks are smoking, skin oils, body lotions...

This website gives a experimental solution, though I not sure you can use this on printed bricks. http://www.brothers-brick.com/2009/08/30/how-to-clean-yellowed-lego-bricks-to-make-classic-space-sets-look-new-news/

And also keep in mind that UV rays are essential for production of hormons/vitamin D in you body, so with UV filters on your windows you will keep you lego nice and new but you will also slowly destroy your body ;)

Bear in mind that even plain glass blocks UVB and UVC, so you basically won't get any benefit indoors anyway, however even in the UK, outside on a cloudy day you can get enough UV to stimulate production. Plain glass doesn't block UVA however, so printed material/paper may fade, and white lego bricks may go yellow, so the advice about UV film is still sensible. Some modern window glass does block almost all UV, but unless you're certain what kind you have, it's probably as well to err on the cautious side and use film where you display your cherished creations...

Edited by helicaon

The mods are going to have a lot of work cleaning this up. :p

I keep my LEGO covered up with a thick curtain (most of the time I'm in an other room anyway) and try not to let any direct sunlight shine on the curtain. This is doing the trick very well so far.

Other things that will yellow your bricks are smoking, skin oils, body lotions...

This website gives a experimental solution, though I not sure you can use this on printed bricks. http://www.brothers-...-look-new-news/

What causes the bricks to get smoking? Last time I knew the direct source by putting a candle next to bricks and then they were all hazy from the black smoke, this time they were in a case far away from anything and still smoky especially the white bricks.

What causes the bricks to get smoking? Last time I knew the direct source by putting a candle next to bricks and then they were all hazy from the black smoke, this time they were in a case far away from anything and still smoky especially the white bricks.

I think he meant that Lego can go yellow from being near cigarette smoke, or in a building that's been smoked in. It definitely makes it stink.

I'm not sure what you're saying, does your Lego have smoke coming off it?

I think he meant that Lego can go yellow from being near cigarette smoke, or in a building that's been smoked in. It definitely makes it stink.

I'm not sure what you're saying, does your Lego have smoke coming off it?

Indeed, nicotine will yellow your bricks, so don't smoke, better for your heath too! :thumbup:

I've been following this thread for a few years now, but never had room to display my own army. I finally got some Detolfs for my other toys, freeing up a shelf to finally take out my phase 1 clone army. It's not as impressive as many other members amazing collections, but i'm proud of my little army.

14010928964_4af74edc0d_c.jpgPhase 1 Clone Army by siningy, on Flickr

Bought 2013 Republic Gunship, 2013 AT-TE and Utapau Troopers along with 12 TC-4 minifigs. Great deal! If anyone want one, I can trade or sell it, you can contact me via PM.

EDIT:

Opps, wrong topic, sorry Brickdoctor ;) Please delete post if you can.

Edited by Pablo94

Here's a little close up on my collection.

20140419_145919.jpg

20140419_145925.jpg

20140419_145937.jpg

20140419_145943.jpg

20140419_145947.jpg

20140419_150040.jpg

There are still about 20 bigger unopened sets which makes about 1/3 collection not showed in the pictures above.

20140419_150040.jpg

There are still about 20 bigger unopened sets which makes about 1/3 collection not showed in the pictures above.

From the angle posted, That millennium falcon looks to be precariously balanced on the edge of that cabinet!

Edited by Ap11AP

From the angle posted, That millennium falcon looks to be precariously balanced on the edge of that cabinet!

It's ok, it has it's anti grav thrusters on.

i want to build a storm trooper army, but i want the latest version. i hope TLG will release a battle pack version!