9 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

If TLC are smart, they sell such boom sections as separate 10 euro packages, so people can buy as many as they want to extend their crane.

While that would be fun, I'm pretty sure they won't. At the best, you could expect to find boom parts in PaB to make your own extensions.

---

While extending the booms in one way or another would be great, I assume that would also require replacing strings, as the set won't probably include long enough strings for extended booms...

11 hours ago, grum64 said:

The floor is frequently carpet bombed with miscellaneous parts so anything placed on said surface becomes just another hiding place

Some the bombs on the carpet wouldn't happen to be light enough to, say, hang from a crane? :tongue:

Edited by Bartybum

6 hours ago, howitzer said:

find boom parts in PaB to make your own extensions.

Considering P&B service is only available in very few country, that is not perfect soluction. My country is also include in those 'can't buy P&B' group. 

Edited by msk6003

13 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The difference is that those two are not shown on a box with package design, while 42146 is.

Do we know how close to release last year they postponed it? Is it possible that it was postponed after this version went to Liebherr for final approval?

On 5/1/2023 at 10:20 AM, Bartybum said:

Some the bombs on the carpet wouldn't happen to be light enough to, say, hang from a crane? :tongue:

So far everything's been light enough to be hung from a crane. However (there’s always a however 🙄) an exception to the objects with a lack of heft hitting the floor of my shed comes to mind and it, I’m pretty sure, is unlikely to find itself suspended from the 42146 without leaving it looking like a hungry chicken in a farmyard 🙂

20180421-152641-Original.jpg

Edited by grum64

On 5/1/2023 at 12:30 PM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The difference is that those two are not shown on a box with package design, while 42146 is.

So the guys that put their mocs on speed champions looking fake box art are the only people smart enough to do this? 

23 minutes ago, Richombx said:

So the guys that put their mocs on speed champions looking fake box art are the only people smart enough to do this? 

A Speed Champions MOC is a much simpler affair because it's just a Speed Champions car, not a 3000 piece behemoth

1 hour ago, Bartybum said:

A Speed Champions MOC is a much simpler affair because it's just a Speed Champions car, not a 3000 piece behemoth

Yeah not really, tlg goes to the trouble of “leaking” half assed looking builds to suck all You in and it seems to always works. Now it’s been put on a box you’re even more gullible it’s a finished kit. Why don’t people just wait before jumping to conclusions as it’s probably only 50/50 of actually been fully legit.

11 minutes ago, Richombx said:

Yeah not really, tlg goes to the trouble of “leaking” half assed looking builds to suck all You in and it seems to always works. Now it’s been put on a box you’re even more gullible it’s a finished kit. Why don’t people just wait before jumping to conclusions as it’s probably only 50/50 of actually been fully legit.

We need coffee over here...

3 hours ago, Richombx said:

Yeah except they don't do it for large Technic sets very often? It's happened in the past every now and again so it's definitely possible, it's just statistically unlikely, so it's reasonable to assume the leak is what we're gonna get. No need to get all antsy and start calling us gullible lol

Edited by Bartybum

3 hours ago, Richombx said:

Speculation is it own kinda fun.  No prob. if you are not into it, but no reason to be down on others just b/c its not your cup of tea.  

Speculating about new sets is routinely one of the more active threads on this site.  If you are going to be a part of the forum, better get used to it... 

Probably shouldn't say how bad it is so that some competitors will think everyone think it is great and try to beat LEGO to market with their copy of the set based off the leaked pics.  :laugh:

Yeah, I remember seeing "clones" of the 42100 with regular-length LAs and brick-built buckets. :laugh:

2 hours ago, AVCampos said:

Yeah, I remember seeing "clones" of the 42100 with regular-length LAs and brick-built buckets. :laugh:

Need to find but that is actually color changed rebrickable moc.

Since we now have official, high-quality images of the first three summer sets (counting the Blue Bolide), then it shouldn't be much longer now before we receive official images of 42146. Once TLG releases the photos, we'll all know for sure what the final product looks like and whether or not it's actually worth $680. I hope this set was worth the wait!

Edited by HydroWorld Outlook

34 minutes ago, HydroWorld Outlook said:

Since we now have official, high-quality images of the first three summer sets (counting the Blue Bolide), then it shouldn't be much longer now before we receive official images of 42146. Once TLG releases the photos, we'll all know for sure what the final product looks like and whether or not it's actually worth $680. I hope this set was worth the wait!

It could be that the Liebherr is released later, in August or even September or October, so I wouldn't be so sure that we'll be getting any official photos that soon.

On 5/2/2023 at 10:46 AM, Richombx said:

or it's just a decoy for mouldy king and tight looking friends

On 5/2/2023 at 11:17 PM, HydroWorld Outlook said:

Those photos were published because the sets are coming in June. If the rest of the Technic lineup is being released in August as usual then we might need to wait until the beginning of July to get the official images. 

12 hours ago, kbalage said:

Those photos were published because the sets are coming in June. If the rest of the Technic lineup is being released in August as usual then we might need to wait until the beginning of July to get the official images. 

Well, we'll see.

on the Technic 2023 thread this set is now reported as being 150 cm tall.  Previous reports have been 100 cm.  I cannot see all posts on the 2023 thread, can anyone confirm this change? 

I will wait for the real images for judgement on purchasing... I'm skeptical what I see in this image is at all legit. 

Well, the price would be more acceptable for 150 cm. Also such height does warrant the development of new pieces, but can't say the same for only 100 cm.

Edited by Zerobricks

Sorry, but I couldn't help myself to make this meme, after I saw the left original picture for MK's crane. :pir-laugh:

5CJeWY5.png

It is $700 in Target's system. Making it the most expensive retail release yet, it is kind a weird that this isn't an exclusive.

About the leaked picture I can say that picture is real. Pretty sure that is the final model.

6 minutes ago, Lego_Minecraft_Goat said:

It is $700 in Target's system. Making it the most expensive retail release yet, it is kind a weird that this isn't an exclusive.

About the leaked picture I can say that picture is real. Pretty sure that is the final model.

Interesting claim this:
Can you also provide some proof of it?
Cause were having quite enough hoaxes about it now.

Edited by JaBaCaDaBra