Many of the early years of Technic (70's and 80's) didn't have a clear flagship. 2004 also didn't seem to have had a flagship model.

7 minutes ago, howitzer said:

Many of the early years of Technic (70's and 80's) didn't have a clear flagship. 2004 also didn't seem to have had a flagship model.

Unless you count the truck. That's the most flagshippy thing from that year.

It'd definitely be a shame if the LR13000 were to be delayed or even not released; I was looking forward to seeing what it did, if nothing else.

20 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Unless you count the truck. That's the most flagshippy thing from that year.

It'd definitely be a shame if the LR13000 were to be delayed or even not released; I was looking forward to seeing what it did, if nothing else.

Yeah, I haven't bought anything in flagship-scale in a very long time and the LR13000 definitely got my attention. Real shame if gets cancelled.

On 5/16/2022 at 3:03 PM, HectorMB said:

But considering its expected release date, it's also strange that there's no official communication, no? 

Maybe it'll be delayed?

Btw, please PM me on BuWizz 3.0 as I cannot contact you directly yet.

Looks like a counterfie.....sorry I mean "competitor"....has released a 1.7 meter Liebherr LR13000 with 6 motors. If that's a coincidence then I'm the pope! But maybe it might give some indication as to what the Lego one would be like.

37 minutes ago, allanp said:

Looks like a counterfie.....sorry I mean "competitor"....has released a 1.7 meter Liebherr LR13000 with 6 motors. If that's a coincidence then I'm the pope! But maybe it might give some indication as to what the Lego one would be like.

uh oh... what did I miss?  Who released this? 

On 5/16/2022 at 3:03 PM, HectorMB said:

But considering its expected release date, it's also strange that there's no official communication, no? 

There's no official communication about any of the 2HY sets at this point so I don't find it strange at all. Last year the Zetros and the Tow truck were officially revealed on July 2nd, and the CAT was only revealed at the end of August. 

Yeah I would think the Lego one would be all yellow with dark grey/black base.

I got done reading that… and then went to Facebook. The fake model popped up as an ad. How is that legal?! I bet LEGO got word about the fake and said screw that, we aren’t releasing this. 

Im sure the LEGO designers aren’t too happy about these third party guys. 

1 hour ago, kbalage said:

There's no official communication about any of the 2HY sets at this point so I don't find it strange at all. Last year the Zetros and the Tow truck were officially revealed on July 2nd, and the CAT was only revealed at the end of August. 

Good to know, thanks! Indeed, then, it's just the wait for us...

2 hours ago, aminnich said:

I got done reading that… and then went to Facebook. The fake model popped up as an ad. How is that legal?! I bet LEGO got word about the fake and said screw that, we aren’t releasing this.

I really doubt TLG would cancel a set just because someone else released the same sort of vehicle.  Outside of China those brands have to be just noise to them.  In this case that MOC is a nice crane as all of Peter's are but it really doesn't look particularly like an LR13000.  Presumably TLG is making theirs look recognizable, being a licensed model.

7 hours ago, mdemerchant said:

I really doubt TLG would cancel a set just because someone else released the same sort of vehicle.  Outside of China those brands have to be just noise to them.  In this case that MOC is a nice crane as all of Peter's are but it really doesn't look particularly like an LR13000.  Presumably TLG is making theirs look recognizable, being a licensed model.

This is probably true as well.

10 hours ago, aminnich said:

Im sure the LEGO designers aren’t too happy about these third party guys. 

If LEGO did not yet released this set they cannot make any claims.

But for the MOC designer it's different story. Mold King set looks like a ripoff.

24 minutes ago, Mikdun said:

But for the MOC designer it's different story. Mold King set looks like a ripoff.

I doubt Liebherr would be happy about it either, though it probably won't directly effect them. Do we know there design was stolen from the MOC designer?

I believe he sells his designs to mould king, as in an authorized model. Whether it’s “extortion” (sell us your model or we steal it), or a genuine collaboration is of course a question we won’t know the answer to :laugh: 

22 hours ago, Mikdun said:

Liebherr can make a claim as the original crane is their property. Anybody making money with their brand would be in trouble. Mould King just names it "LR 13000", so there is no real copyright infringement.

As said, Lego will be way closer to the real LR13000 than this MOC/MK-model. Also with the new elements, it would be way more stable in my opinion.

Lol, great as that moc is, I think such an unwieldy behemoth, would be an easy pass for me. Hopefully the LEGO version won't require it's own storage shed.

11 minutes ago, Johnny1360 said:

Lol, great as that moc is, I think such an unwieldy behemoth, would be an easy pass for me. Hopefully the LEGO version won't require it's own storage shed.

Not to mention that it would be exceedingly boring as a building experience, with the endless liftarm connecting to make the booms. There's no way an official Lego set would look like that.

Just now, howitzer said:

Not to mention that it would be exceedingly boring as a building experience, with the endless liftarm connecting to make the booms. There's no way an official Lego set would look like that.

This is indeed what I though. On the paper I though it could be a good model to build, but now I am afraid that it could easely end up as a 42100 with a endless, tedious and boring construction of the arm. 

11 hours ago, howitzer said:

Not to mention that it would be exceedingly boring as a building experience, with the endless liftarm connecting to make the booms.

Hmmm. I don't know. When it comes to boring experiences, TLG really made it to the very top ... think about these footballs stadiums, "flowers", or the Colosseum - they make and sell whatever sells. Be that "Technic" (with some of the 18+ sets, that line was diluted into boredom, as far as I am concerned).

The building experience is not exactly the main focus anymore, I believe.

Best,
Thorsten 

13 hours ago, HectorMB said:

This is indeed what I though. On the paper I though it could be a good model to build, but now I am afraid that it could easely end up as a 42100 with a endless, tedious and boring construction of the arm. 

Well you can always wait to see what the build is like before deciding to buy.  But a crane of that type is going to inherently involve building repetitive boom sections.  It will be minimized if they use large new pieces as expected but it will still be there.  If you want a big tall crane model it's unavoidable.