The orange boom is called a Derrick, and is used in every configuration of the 13000. I suspect that the luffing jib will not be included, it increases the loads on the parts considerably,  increases the complexity of rigging and erecting the crane,  probably beyond the expectations of Lego for their consumers.

In the real model, the position of the derrick is also controllable. Therefore I think the 3 motors in the superstructure will control derrick, boom, and winch. There are multiple designs for the counterweight ballast tray.

https://www.liebherr.com/en/aus/products/mobile-and-crawler-cranes/crawler-cranes/lr-crawler-cranes/technologies/derrick-and-counterweight.html

1 hour ago, Bricktrain said:

the luffing jib will not be included

In wich case it will be just a bigger 42042 and looses many people's interest.

2 hours ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

I agree. My guess is that they will omit the winch right above the counterweight (so the derrick is at a fixed angle) and the luffing jib will be included. 

Maybe, until we have pics we don't know but the info coming out of promobricks all points to there being a luffing jib. But it would be fairly easy to reconfigure into multiple setups so I wouldn't be that surprised if they make it reconfigurable right out the box.

2 minutes ago, allanp said:

reconfigurable

That would really be an option.
long luffing jib or powerboom (double mast)
this may be very well possible with the same parts.

23 minutes ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

That would really be an option.
long luffing jib or powerboom (double mast)
this may be very well possible with the same parts.

Larger configurations may be possible with additional parts (which would likely translate to buying the set twice). I doubt they'd include instructions for that though.

11 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Finally, I haven't managed to find even a single photo of an LR1300 without the orange boom in the rear. 

Because without derrick boom (the orange one) this crawler cane can't be so most powerfull.

11 hours ago, Bartybum said:

There's an extra winch right above the counterweights which controls the angle of the orange boom. If the model includes an adjustable jib as well as a winch for the orange boom, then in total there would have to be four motors in the superstructure. We know there are only six, so something must be excluded.

The winch to operate the orange boom is located inside the superctructure as far as I remember. Added - that is actual for LR11000, LR13000 is a bit different, though.

Ooperating the orange boom need only during the crane assembly, so ongoing operationg via motr is not needed for it.

8 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

In the real model, the position of the derrick is also controllable.

Only to assemble the crane and  lift it from the ground.

7 hours ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

MOCers will quickly turn it into interesting model :)

44 minutes ago, pleegwat said:

Larger configurations may be possible with additional parts (which would likely translate to buying the set twice). I doubt they'd include instructions for that though.

No: you will build either longer luffing jib OR longer powerboom from the box.  If any option wil occure, of course

Edited by Aleh

2 hours ago, Bartybum said:

I don’t. If anything it’ll be like a large RC 8288 not 42042

I totally agree on this one!

I’m struggling to see where they will stuff 2x hubs and 6x motors in this scale of a crane. I’m also wondering how people are still assuming there’s a fly jib as it would certainly make the crane too fragile to meet lego requirements.

Edited by Richombx

3 hours ago, Richombx said:

I’m struggling to see where they will stuff 2x hubs and 6x motors in this scale of a crane. I’m also wondering how people are still assuming there’s a fly jib as it would certainly make the crane too fragile to meet lego requirements.

1 hub 2 motors in track frame,  possibly the slew motor also, leaving 1 hub and 3 winch motors in the superstructure? 

5 hours ago, Bricktrain said:

1 hub 2 motors in track frame,  possibly the slew motor also, leaving 1 hub and 3 winch motors in the superstructure? 

The point I’m trying to make is that people don’t seem to realize how little space this scale will have and how much room a hub takes up. The track frame will be just wrapped around the hub and the car body will be a few panels around the outside of the hub. From a technic point of view this seems to be a very boring build for a flagship especially if the boom is constructed with a simplified system. Once again compared to other cranes this one seems like a bust not a win but this is only driven by peoples assumptions and rumors 

Once I heard of this new addition to the Technic line I was like "I have to get one of these". Now I don't know metric conversion but in "feet" how tall would this one be?? Also I know of another crane that is tall also, the Manitowoc 31000 which with all the jib sections can be over 700 feet tall so I don't know which is taller. Anyone??

11 minutes ago, JohnsLegos said:

Once I heard of this new addition to the Technic line I was like "I have to get one of these". Now I don't know metric conversion but in "feet" how tall would this one be?? Also I know of another crane that is tall also, the Manitowoc 31000 which with all the jib sections can be over 700 feet tall so I don't know which is taller. Anyone??

The Liebherr is taller.

On 2/27/2022 at 6:12 PM, Aleh said:

Only to assemble the crane and  lift it from the ground.

It may be a good addition to the set, not only "assemble-then-play" like all regular sets but "play-while-assemble" like real huge crane are assembled and then work. I never remember any other set which has buidlign steps as a part of of its feature. Anyways, it is a Construction Technic, isnt it? :wink:

On 2/27/2022 at 3:37 PM, pleegwat said:

additional parts (which would likely translate to buying the set twice)

No not.
You can easily use the parts of the jib for extending the main boom into a double power boom.

12 hours ago, Void_S said:

It may be a good addition to the set, not only "assemble-then-play" like all regular sets but "play-while-assemble" like real huge crane are assembled and then work. I never remember any other set which has buidlign steps as a part of of its feature. Anyways, it is a Construction Technic, isnt it? :wink:

Yeap! And with derrick boom it's simply looks greater!

while everybody is talking in terms of how it will fit and look  in the interiour of the house ....  what scale are we talking  ? , how is lego going to solve the construction of the slew ring , we all have to agree the AT ring is way to small and the bucket excavator ring is too big (not to mention the trouble with how to use)  , and what always gives me miles of extra playtime ....... how is lego going to solve the boom triangles  , because pythagoras may have solved the trick with his  3:4:5  is lego going to do some adapter that fits ??

9 minutes ago, craneson said:

the bucket excavator ring is too big (not to mention the trouble with how to use)

I think it will be highly likely the big ring, why should it be too big? The undercarriage will kinda look like the 42100.

7 hours ago, Jundis said:

I think it will be highly likely the big ring, why should it be too big? The undercarriage will kinda look like the 42100.

It may well be the big ring but it is way too big unless they are going to make the crane at a huge scale.  The slewing bearing on an LR13000 is maybe 75% wider than the tracks so something like 9L if they use the 5L tracks.  On most large cranes the superstructure is fairly narrow compared to the undercarriage width.  A big crane like an LR13000 isn't proportioned anything like 42100.

If the counterweight is heavy enough and has its own wheels to rest on the ground you wouldn't need a big slew ring, just one that can take a lot of downward pressure and still rotate, so ATAT rings might be perfect.