I wonder if delay is due to logistics, specifically related to electronic, or something perhaps in the design?

1 hour ago, Richombx said:

So it’s shrunk in size, how’s this going to be much better than 42042 honestly?

We don't know if it's smaller in size. I read "trimmed" as in the price is less. 

31 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

We don't know if it's smaller in size. I read "trimmed" as in the price is less. 

You may need to re-read then as they are referring to the height and say it has been trimmed which could also explain the rumored price reduction!

They trimmed the Hight from 1.50M to ??? So i think it's more like 42042 , you can add frames as more as possible,  and you can also be achieved the 1.50M+, but you have to buy The said parts needed ...  

And i hope no delay for this one, 

They can delay the superCar for all i care😄😄

Edited by Dylan M

Interesting that there's six motors. That means that either there's no luffing jib or there's no winch near the counterweight that large crawler cranes tend to have

1 hour ago, Bartybum said:

Interesting that there's six motors. That means that either there's no luffing jib or there's no winch near the counterweight that large crawler cranes tend to have

It seems like 6 should be enough? One for each track, one for the turntable, one for the main line/hook. That's four, which leaves one to adjust the boom's angle at the base and one to adjust the angle of the upper boom section. 

47 minutes ago, TheRacker said:

It seems like 6 should be enough? One for each track, one for the turntable, one for the main line/hook. That's four, which leaves one to adjust the boom's angle at the base and one to adjust the angle of the upper boom section. 

2 track drive motors, 1 slew motor, 1 luff winch, 1 hook winch, 1 Derrick winch. No luffing jib. 

1 hour ago, TheRacker said:

That's four, which leaves one to adjust the boom's angle at the base and one to adjust the angle of the upper boom section. 

With crawler cranes sometimes you see additional rigging near the counterweight:

0629-liebherr-lr11000-sarens-2-300dpi-sc

If the set comes with a jib then with six motors this extra one can't be included

Delayed or not delayed.... that's why leaks suck... if there is no announcement it cannot be delayed :X

Sounds interesting, and 6 motors sounds right. Two tracks, 1 slew, one lower boom angle, one upper boom angle and one hook. Nice to see new counter weight elements and the large lattice boom elements also. If this is done (as I expect it will be) with lots of rigging and winches then it will be a fairly realistic mechanical representation of the real thing (minus hydraulic motors of course!) so I'm quite excited for this actually. I haven't got the last two flagships so hopefully this one breaks the spell. Doesn't sound like the best flagship ever as it's nothing really new. It's 42042 only bigger. But I like 42042 and this one will be more realistic without the function switching gearbox, which you never find in real vehicles. So far 2022 2nd half is looking pretty good, don't want to get too excited before seeing proper pictures of finalised designs though.

9 minutes ago, Thirdwigg said:

What are the “7x17 knobs molded parts” used for the lattice?

I'm guessing a new frame of that size, perhaps with internal lattice structure to reinforce it.

1 hour ago, allanp said:

Sounds interesting, and 6 motors sounds right. Two tracks, 1 slew, one lower boom angle, one upper boom angle and one hook. Nice to see new counter weight elements and the large lattice boom elements also. 

I think the lattice elements are something new.  I mean, we have something similar but these elements may open a lot of doors for Technic cranes.  My question will be how they plan to use them in future sets.  They are fairly specific to cranes, and we can only have so many of them.  I hope they come in different sets, because this really will leave the window open for one to upgrade this set if desired.  Or at least available for a decent price on Bricks and Pieces...

7 hours ago, Bartybum said:

How did you come to hthis conclusion? 

6 hours ago, TheRacker said:

One one can switch between 2/3 functions.

5 hours ago, Bricktrain said:

2 track drive motors, 1 slew motor, 1 luff winch, 1 hook winch, 1 Derrick winch. No luffing jib. 

All three winches mau be operated by one motor + another motor for the gearbox.

1 hour ago, howitzer said:

I'm guessing a new frame of that size, perhaps with internal lattice structure to reinforce it.

Please let it be technic parts!

31 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

I think the lattice elements are something new.  I mean, we have something similar but these elements may open a lot of doors for Technic cranes.  My question will be how they plan to use them in future sets.  They are fairly specific to cranes, and we can only have so many of them.  I hope they come in different sets, because this really will leave the window open for one to upgrade this set if desired.  Or at least available for a decent price on Bricks and Pieces...

It may be like new frame from F1, but bigger, which allows to re use it in other sets easy.

18 minutes ago, Aleh said:

Please let it be technic parts!

It may be like new frame from F1, but bigger, which allows to re use it in other sets easy.

It better be Technic parts.  Or actually it will not be like the F1 since the internal structure (should be) diagonal and therefore would have limited applicability.  In fact, even if it is a new frame, with no internal built in structure I still think it would have limited applicability, 7x17 is quite large.  But time will tell!!!

The number 17 is very odd to me. My guess is that 17 is 9*2 - 1, so the frame allows two diagonal 11L beams to form two 7-9-11 triangles that are adjacent on the 7 stud side. Maybe the frame even has internal diagonals like that already.

The shape will be like this:

|X|X|

4 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The number 17 is very odd to me. My guess is that 17 is 9*2 - 1, so the frame allows two diagonal 11L beams to form two 7-9-11 triangles that are adjacent on the 7 stud side. Maybe the frame even has internal diagonals like that already.

The shape will be like this:

|X|X|

Maybe just a w shape? Seems like boom size is similar to 42042 then?

How are we going to 1.5m to 42042 size so quickly? I know there will be a reduction in size, but saying 1.5m to 42042 is more than a 50% reduction....

39 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

How are we going to 1.5m to 42042 size so quickly? I know there will be a reduction in size, but saying 1.5m to 42042 is more than a 50% reduction....

Cross section of boom, not length. 42042 was 7x7 if the new piece is 17x7 then boom is going to be around 7 or 9 

What do they mean by 20 new elements? Do they mean that 20 normal elements were added to the counterweight specifically or did they design 20 entirely new parts for the set?

8 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

What do they mean by 20 new elements? Do they mean that 20 normal elements were added to the counterweight specifically or did they design 20 entirely new parts for the set?

I take it as 20x a new element makes up the 1kg counterweight so each piece weighs 50g.

14 hours ago, Aleh said:

How did you come to this conclusion?

It probably wasn't clear, so I'll try to explain it again.

The LR13000 can come either with or without a jib, see below (taken from the Liebherr site):

lr-13000-auslegersystem-metrisch-s2508.0

There's an extra winch right above the counterweights which controls the angle of the orange boom. If the model includes an adjustable jib as well as a winch for the orange boom, then in total there would have to be four motors in the superstructure. We know there are only six, so something must be excluded.

Therefore, I think that either the set won't come with a jib, or the angle of the orange boom won't be controllable i.e. no winch near the counterweights. It's one or the other.

You could argue that there could be a distribution gearbox with two motor inputs and two outputs, but that would be very weird to play with because you wouldn't be able to control all functions independently.

Finally, I haven't managed to find even a single photo of an LR1300 without the orange boom in the rear. That's why I think it's possible (not likely or unlikely, just possible) that it won't come with a jib.

Edited by Bartybum