1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

600$ is a stupidly expensive price. This price is definitely the deal breaker for me.

This can't be right. 600$ is insane and I don't care how many motors there are inside this package.

Also with such a long crane and relatively low amount of pieces won't it be very dull during building? 

13 minutes ago, Akbalder said:

- It may be a repetitive build

Somehow gearbox and motors combination could also be like on 42131 set...hard to tell 

And I'm (still) not a fan of control+

The earlier-discussed changes to the C+ system might be a factor as well, especially if a new rechargeable battery pack is involved.

I'm clutching at straws though.

12 minutes ago, 1gor said:

Somehow gearbox and motors combination could also be like on 42131 set...hard to tell 

And I'm (still) not a fan of control+

To justify this extremely high price, I guess that the set will have at least as many motors/hubs as the 42100.

Just now, Akbalder said:

To justify this extremely high price, I guess that the set will have at least as many motors/hubs as the 42100.

That is logical thinking, but we thought so about CAT, so I'm trying to be pessimistic as possible...

Just now, Akbalder said:

I think at this point TLG's just gonna drop the pretense and charge the highest that the market can bear, which I thought to have reached the ceiling at 450$ but turned out to not!

I wouldn't expect driving and steering off only one battery box, since it would have to pass through the turntable.

Somehow, larger pieces seems unlikely. I'm not convinced just using longer beams would save all that many pieces since it doesn't reduce the number of cross-connections you need, and I don't see them moulding boom components in one piece for a technic set.

I'm curious about reconfigurability and transport of the assembled model. Experience with a Saturn V LUT MOC tells me that lifing a 1m30 model by its base makes passing through doors problematic.

Edited by pleegwat

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

600$ is a stupidly expensive price. This price is definitely the deal breaker for me.

and 1.5 m is not that tall... not for a crane.   SOmething has gotta give here.... 

2 hours ago, R0Sch said:

My personal opinion is that the part count must be wrong for this size.

No. I/m pretty sure this won't have any luffing jib. Either it will simply have one main boom, or, at best, Main boom + derrick boom.
My Liebherr LR's have 3800+ parts, but:

- they have luffing jib,

- I wasn't hesistate in part's amount

My guess about the functions:

1,2 - subtractor  drive & steering one motor per track, 

3. Slewing

4. Boom

5. Winch

Optional:

second boom + winch

counterweight adjustment

operator's cab raising

If $600 proves to be correct then even buyers like myself that could just about justify £320 for the Cat won't be buying it... i really hope its an error in the leaked information, if not then TLG has definitely pushed it far to far. I live in hope that it turns out to be about half that price

It sounds like an interesting set to me! If the stated price/part count figures are correct, it'd be a big disappointment, but remember what happened last year? The CAT was announced with a crazy price and relatively few pieces, we panicked, and then it was eventually released at the same (or at least similar) price, just with way more pieces than originally announced (It was still expensive, but not stupidly so).

I'd say there's at least a significant chance that something similar could happen this year.

1 hour ago, 1gor said:

one for raising boom, one for folding boom

Could you please explain me the difference between boom raising and folding?

4 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

If $600 proves to be correct then even buyers like myself that could just about justify £320 for the Cat won't be buying it... i really hope its an error in the leaked information, if not then TLG has definitely pushed it far to far. I live in hope that it turns out to be about half that price

I hope nobody will pay $600. 300-350 Eur, as it was with Liebherr R9800/ Cat D11.

Reallly I would be dissappointed immensily if it would be more expensive than 350 Eur.

4 minutes ago, Aleh said:

Could you please explain me the difference between boom raising and folding?

This is boom raising 

raise-boom.gif

And this is boom folding 

Scheme-of-folding-boom-aerial-work-platf

I hope that you understand me now

4 hours ago, Gimmick said:

same procedure as every year

Why to panic? Vote with your dollar - don't buy it simply if the price don't suit's you like I did with Zetros.

4 hours ago, 1gor said:

And this is boom folding

I hope that you understand me now

Thank you, but how are you going to apply this folding to one boom?

Edited by Milan
Do not quote images from the same page, please.

1 minute ago, Aleh said:

Why to panic? Vote with your dollar - don't buy it simply if the price don't suit's you like I did with Zetros.

:thumbup:

3 minutes ago, Aleh said:

The procedure in this forum is usually:

1. First leak -> escalation

2. Creating the wildest fantasies

3. Second leak does not match those fantasies -> the great depression

4. Set is released -> it's not like the second leak, but not as good as the wild fantasies -> mediocre mood

;-)

8 minutes ago, Aleh said:

Thank you, but how are you going to apply this folding to one boom

Edited by 1gor
With actuators perhaps, just an idea, but I must admit I was planing to make something like upcoming set with PF elements

17 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

i really hope its an error in the leaked information, if not then TLG has definitely pushed it far to far. I live in hope that it turns out to be about half that price

Conspiracy theory: What if the so-called leaked price is TLG's test for the market's highest price tolerance and will be taken into account to determine the official RRP?

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

With actuators perhaps, just an idea, but I must admit I was planing to make something like upcoming set with PF elements

Edited by 1gor

7 hours ago, R0Sch said:

According to Promobricks, this set will be the world's most powerful crawler crane, the Liebherr LR13000, with 2882 pieces and cost 600$, making it the most expensive Technic set ever, especially considering the low part count. The full height is expected to be 1,5m tall and motorized via Control+.
My personal opinion is that the part count must be wrong for this size.

Thats quite a price but after a few months it will drop about 30%

For me it's an absolute GO
(for I worked long ago with these cranes)

Edited by Milan
Do not quote images, please.

9 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Conspiracy theory: What if the so-called leaked price is TLG's test for the market's highest price tolerance and will be taken into account to determine the official RRP?

I don't think so. Value is relative and without knowing much more about the product then we can't yet judge value. I'll resist the temptation to write all the new novelties it could have to justify the price, but I don't have to try very hard to think of them.

1 hour ago, 1gor said:

I assume there will be no LA's for major features at least.

With the CAT I already voted (against) with my dollar and honestly, nothing to regret. 

But let's just think about the price. With the CAT, 1 HUB, 4 motors and 4k pieces, everyone went into panic and fury, and claimed that it was too overpriced. Then, making some -I would say- fair comparisons, it is reasonable the price, compared with other PU sets, excepting the Liebherr 9800. So now, we have in the horizon a 2800 pieces set, 600 dollars that, which I would say that is logical to think will have 2 Hubs and 7-8 motors. Making a very rough comparison: the price of the new crane is about 50% more than the CAT... which, I think is justified by 25% less pieces, but doubling the electronics. 

Once said that, I am happy to have got my second liebherr 9800 and I am now really expecting the new crane.... to download the instructions ;) 

Just now, HectorMB said:

and I am now really expecting the new crane.... to download the instructions ;) 

Yeah, that's how I feel! I don't think I've bought a Lego set since early 2020, but I've got enough parts to build just about any set (though sometimes ingenuity is required for missing parts), so it's always fun to throw together a copy of new sets for a day or two, then rip 'em apart again!