2010 - M. Excavator
2013 - M. Crane II
2014 - Loader
2016 - Bucket
2018 - Red Crane
2019 - Liebherr
2020 - Hauler
2021 - Bulldozer

I just got back into this hobby and one of my first sets is Zeux loader, it's really awesome but as many have said it could use some motors. 

That's why I'm extremely interested in this new Control+ set, if it's really good I'd have a great start but if it's just a different loader then it might not be a good set to go for as it likely will contain lots of the same parts and functions.

Given this list I really hope it would be a backhoe since it could include many new functions and motors but primarily a lot of parts that I desperately need: gearbox, differentials and suspension.

2 hours ago, thurd said:

I just got back into this hobby and one of my first sets is Zeux loader, it's really awesome but as many have said it could use some motors. 

That's why I'm extremely interested in this new Control+ set, if it's really good I'd have a great start but if it's just a different loader then it might not be a good set to go for as it likely will contain lots of the same parts and functions.

Given this list I really hope it would be a backhoe since it could include many new functions and motors but primarily a lot of parts that I desperately need: gearbox, differentials and suspension.

I would suggest you get the 42129 Zetros. It contains all the parts you want as well as a good selection of Control+ parts. :classic:

_ED_

On 1/13/2022 at 4:28 AM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I'd prefer a 42070 setup

A wheelloader has only four functions. Why a gearbox for this when they have to Work at the same time?

11 minutes ago, efferman said:

A wheelloader has only four functions. Why a gearbox for this when they have to Work at the same time?

I dont know. I think TLG will put sth new into the next big loader they do and a gearbox is only what I cam come up with.

In a loader ist not really space for a gearbox when it isnt much bigger than 42030 or my PU Loader. And when it would be bigger, ist would need bigger Tires.

If it's a loader I think they'll go with the Claas Torion with 107 tractor tires. Still bigger than 42030 (1636 pieces)   

@efferman Don't you think there is enough space for a gearbox underneath the cabin? But I agree with you: To toave a switch between operating and driving mode would hinder playability.

Also for a loader it's ok if it's not that quick. Normally they go 30 km/h in contrast to the articulated haulers with around 60 km/h. The 42114 with just tipping the bed therefor would have been way to boring, so they included another function.

10 hours ago, efferman said:

And when it would be bigger, ist would need bigger Tires.

The 42130 proves that TLG has no hesitation when it comes to making bigger wheels and bigger sets.

23 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The 42130 proves that TLG has no hesitation when it comes to making bigger wheels and bigger sets.

I don’t know how you come to this conclusion. The new tyres on the 42130 can be used every year on a new ucs bike kit been either a licensed race or street bike. A new large loader tyre might only fit into the lineup every 3-5 years and by far warrants less of a investment.

On 1/19/2022 at 5:45 AM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Well, that is why I was hoping for 68 and 94mm tractor tires since it looks like this set would be with wheels (based on history @tomfow posted)...

3 hours ago, Richombx said:

The new tyres on the 42130 can be used every year on a new ucs bike kit been either a licensed race or street bike. A new large loader tyre might only fit into the lineup every 3-5 years and by far warrants less of a investment

The same can be said for the Volvo's big bucket or the CAT's track piece, and yet they are still released.

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The same can be said for the Volvo's big bucket or the CAT's track piece, and yet they are still released.

True, same goes for 42100 bucket and 42130s windscreen.

There is this discrepancy: We want new pieces to build unique features never been implemented before but still no specialiced, one-usage-only pieces. I think TLC is on the verge of overdoing this, also in many other themes aside from technic.

I'd rather see the use of already existing pieces in new models. Best recent example would be the medium tracor tires and dumb battery box. Please use em, TLC!

On 1/12/2022 at 10:08 AM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I think this set will be a crawler crane with the CAT track pieces. It's gonna be a 42042 on steroid.

Yep please

min mine mine yes yes yes

Edited by Milan
Do not quote images, please.

There has not been Combine Harvester around in technic line since 2007 (?). I wish for a new one.

1 minute ago, Mikdun said:

There has not been Combine Harvester around in technic line since 2007 (?). I wish for a new one.

42102's B is allegedly a harvester, although it looks more like a windrower.

The issue with a combine harvester (namely 8274) is that it only really has one function - the header. Sure, a combine (again, 8274) has other features like the grain pipe, but those don't translate well into Technic since it can't actually unload grain. CONTROL+ could simulate this by engaging the header and calculating how much grain the user gathers by the angle of the header, distance travelled and so on.

But a combine harvester isn't even a construction vehicle, so this line of discussion is moot.

On 1/12/2022 at 10:08 AM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I think this set will be a crawler crane with the CAT track pieces. It's gonna be a 42042 on steroid.

HOLY MOLY I GUESSED THE FLAGSHIP RIGHT!! First time in my life!!!

The flagship is indeed a crawler crane and it's even from Liebherr!!!

Edited by Milan
Do not quote images, please.

According to Promobricks, this set will be the world's most powerful crawler crane, the Liebherr LR13000, with 2882 pieces and cost 600$, making it the most expensive Technic set ever, especially considering the low part count. The full height is expected to be 1,5m tall and motorized via Control+.
My personal opinion is that the part count must be wrong for this size.
NiGbyhi.jpg

3 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Will it use actual weight bricks on the counterweight like 8288? Or will a shit-ton of stacked frames be enough?

I was thinking the same. The relatively new BricQ sets contain those weights. So they are "in production" currently.

And the thread must be extremely long :D

What function could this set have?

2 motors for drive, one for turntable, one for raising boom, one for folding boom and one for cable control...or there will be gearbox with 2 groups of 3 functions:

- one group driving, steering and turntable function 

- second group for boom raising, folding and cable 

(This is kind of repost of my post in Technic 2022 topic)

It may be impressive but I don't really want it:

-Control+ is way too expensive

- It's less interessting (for me) to build with many motors than with a big gearbox

- It may be a repetitive build