Ngoc Nguyen

42145 - Airbus H175 Rescue Helicopter

It's said in a description -i don't know where I read it- that it has just one motor. I think indeed is good enough: there's no need for more to make a cool model with cool functions, in my opinion. 

15 minutes ago, HectorMB said:

It's said in a description -i don't know where I read it- that it has just one motor. I think indeed is good enough: there's no need for more to make a cool model with cool functions, in my opinion. 

Usually when there is text motorized function on the box then we usually get one motor...more motor are reserved for control+ text on box; but I'll be glad if I'm wrong for all of you ladies and gentlemen who need parts pack with more motors 

The single motor and hub is clearly visible on the product photo on lego.com:

42145_alt7.png?fit=bounds&format=png&width=1600&height=1600&dpr=1

28 minutes ago, 1gor said:

Usually when there is text motorized function on the box then we usually get one motor...more motor are reserved for control+ text on box; but I'll be glad if I'm wrong for all of you ladies and gentlemen who need parts pack with more motors 

The plural clearly refers to functions rather than the number of motors. As reinforced by the visual evidence above.

16 minutes ago, kbalage said:

Right, that settles it.

I for one am pretty excited about this set (more than I've been about a set for a while, really). So long as there is no major unforseen flaw, I am beginning to think of it as a spiritual successor to the remarkable (for its time) 852 and the legendary 8480...

Man, I did not know about the 852 with collective control! Very cool. I respect this a lot because it is build from more primitive (undifferentiated) pieces, which is more challenging and requires more ingenuity. Naturally they could not do the collective, but I wonder ...

Yup, that's definitely the bottom of the battery box between and in front of the rear wheels. Based on the visible connector wire, the motor sits behind it. I do not see the motor on/off control on the displayed side, so it must be on the other side.

The winch gearing looks weird running along the outside like that.

I suspect the secondary hook below the centre of the helicopter is not connected to a winch? If it were, I would have expected that to be a listed feature.

On overly close inspection, is that still the old battery box cover which closes with clips? Would probably still be the new one in the box.

1 hour ago, technicfanatic said:

Man, I did not know about the 852 with collective control! Very cool. I respect this a lot because it is build from more primitive (undifferentiated) pieces, which is more challenging and requires more ingenuity. Naturally they could not do the collective, but I wonder ...

Yes, 852 was amazing - I was absolutely enthralled by it as a child.  I can't imagine how I would have felt about this beast...!

Do we know any more information about the supposed 'fake engine' that is inside of it?

I also read (from one source) that the  front and rear hoods open to reveal the rotors steering mechanism which to me sounds and looks, like the front and rear of the "bubble" under the blades can open and close.

source: https://www.2ttoys.nl/products/lego-42145-airbus-h175-reddingshelicopter

Be sure to click the english flag on the site to translate it into english.

Edited by SNIPE

On 7/1/2022 at 10:11 PM, pleegwat said:

Yup, that's definitely the bottom of the battery box between and in front of the rear wheels. Based on the visible connector wire, the motor sits behind it. I do not see the motor on/off control on the displayed side, so it must be on the other side.

There is a switch marked on/off on the left side, towards the back.

On 7/2/2022 at 5:40 AM, kbalage said:

42145_alt7.png?fit=bounds&format=png&width=1600&height=1600&dpr=1

Not reading too much into it but the battery box still is a slip in battery type in the box art

1 minute ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Did anyone notice part 63869 in white up by the rotor? Also I hope that black soft axle is 14L but it is probably 16L.

14 long soft axles haven’t been produced for 12 years. No way these are 14 long. 

1 hour ago, Richombx said:

Not reading too much into it but the battery box still is a slip in battery type in the box art

I don't think the department preparing the boxes has any idea about the new lids with the screws being introduced. They simply put on it whatever then find in their product library with the PU battery box name. 

3 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Did anyone notice part 63869 in white up by the rotor? Also I hope that black soft axle is 14L but it is probably 16L.

On 6/2/2022 at 3:26 AM, msk6003 said:

So, rotor blade connector is definitely new parts.

And

11954 3x11 curved 10 hole in white new

71709 3x7 panel in red new

99013 big rotor blade but yellow tip new

63869 Technic Axle and Pin Connector Perpendicular Triple in white new

And I'm not sure but looks like include 3L U-jount in DBG.

Looks like 4 function with L-motor - Winch, Rotor, Landing gear and Side door.

10 hours ago, LvdH said:

14 long soft axles haven’t been produced for 12 years. No way these are 14 long. 

Wow, I didn’t realize that it had been so long since they were made. 

WOW!.

The spinny thing (that uses part 3708) for the winch is actually a friction clutch using two 3L beams, and a 2L friction pin with bush.

The bubble under the blades slides open in two halves and it has a locking mechanism (the thin 2L gray liftarms).

The rear levers move in one axis and are also connected to a lever that is outside of the cabin.

The front levers do not, but this is because they move in two axes.

The part that connects the ball-pins and 6L links has a bottom part too, it is a new piece in black and it holds ball-pins that are connected to some steering arms.

Screenshot-20220704-052322-Firefox.jpg

No fake engine but thats ok :classic:.

The only thing, and this is a little picky, is, I wish there was a 4th lever for the function gearbox, the fairly new 2L axle with 1L frictionless pin fixes the problem that the 42113 gearbox has and it would allow 4 independant functions all with independant forward, off, and reverse modes:
20220704-050524.jpg
20220704-050508.jpg

Anyhow this is just wishful thinking, there's always the possibility of modding it but that's for another topic.

The front wheels do not have a simple pivot for steering unfortunatley.

Overall however I am very impressed at this set!.

Any new facts you see that I have missed, leave a reply!.

Edited by SNIPE

So batterybox is old hook type in video. But will different in actual model. IDK

1 hour ago, SNIPE said:

The only thing, and this is a little picky, is, I wish there was a 4th lever for the function gearbox, the fairly new 2L axle ith 1L frictionless pin fixes the problem that the 42113 sets gearbox has and it would allow 4 independant functions all with independant forward, off, and reverse modes:
20220704-050524.jpg

Won't this (exact) setup have the same problem that the osprey had, with the 8 tooth gears being mangled?

Oh hey not bad, I dig the sliding engine cowlings, good for access. I also like how fast the rotors spin, looks real good

2 hours ago, Jayden said:

Won't this (exact) setup have the same problem that the osprey had, with the 8 tooth gears being mangled?

No, because lego made this part which would replace the 3L axle which is the culprit, I have tested the gearbox I built above and it does not have the problem.

Edited by SNIPE

Not 100% sure actually, but this mechanics seems a bit wobly, no?

Exept this they use a system i experimented years ago with a mixing unit right above the links to the swashplate.

I made use of it on my first huey.

Curious to see more of it.

1 hour ago, SNIPE said:

No, because lego made this part which would replace the 3L axle which is the culprit, I have tested the gearbox I built above and it does not have the problem.

Oh ok, I thought the problem was with the torque being to much for the 8 tooth gears not the axle sliding out.

4 hours ago, SNIPE said:

the fairly new 2L axle with 1L frictionless pin fixes the problem that the 42113 gearbox

42113 = osprey. :ugh: I need new eyeballs.

13 hours ago, SNIPE said:

The only thing, and this is a little picky, is, I wish there was a 4th lever for the function gearbox, the fairly new 2L axle with 1L frictionless pin fixes the problem that the 42113 gearbox has and it would allow 4 independant functions all with independant forward, off, and reverse modes:

But the rotor rotation doesn't have a reverse mode. It has a slow and a fast mode in the same direction.