Ngoc Nguyen

42145 - Airbus H175 Rescue Helicopter

42145 - Airbus H175 Rescue Helicopter

2001 pieces

$199.99

Available August 2022

From promobricks.de

After the 42113 Bell Boing V-22 Osprey had to be taken off the market 2 years ago before it even appeared properly, the Danes now present us with the next "Rescue Helicopter" in the Technic series. We hope that the conditions of use of the original model were better clarified in advance this time, since according to our sources the set will also be released with a license: this time with the permission of the Airbus aviation group! More precisely, it should be an Airbus H175 Rescue Helicopter.

• Set number:  42145
  • Designation:  Airbus H175 Rescue Helicopter
  • Number of parts: 2001
  • Release date:  August 01, 2022
  • Availability:  LEGO
  • Recommended age:  11+
  • MSRP:  $199.99

The model will be 2001 parts and will have an MSRP of $199.99. Visually, the helicopter is predominantly red and yellow. The model will be able to come up with motorized functions and we strongly assume that the Control+ battery box introduced in the Osprey will be installed here for the first time! Main and tail rotor can be turned, the main rotor also consists of 5 rotor blades, which can even be adjusted in inclination.

The set also includes two winches, with one hook being able to be lowered from inside the helicopter via a device on the outside wall and the other probably on the belly. In addition, a sliding door should be installed on the side, although it is not yet clear whether it can also be opened by a motor.

Go nuts.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

I think TBD is To Be Determined but I am nor sure, and english is not my own language so I could be wrong

34 minutes ago, vliet said:

I think TBD is To Be Determined but I am nor sure, and english is not my own language so I could be wrong

No you are right, TBD is abbreviation for To Be Determined; this set is most likely something airborne.

The previous Technic set with the "Air" codename was 42113. A re-release of the Osprey is highly unlikely, so I assume we'll get another branded plane or helicopter that uses the dumb PU battery box to power its functions. 

I'm gonna say this thing will be an airplane because I can't think of how a helicopter set can have 2001 pieces. 

The Osprey is the largest Technic aircraft so far and it only has 1635 pieces. The 5 large Technic aircrafts that have been released in order of decreasing part count is 42113, 42025, 42066, 9396, 42052. The first three are airplanes.

https://brickset.com/sets/tag-Aircraft/theme-Technic

Also, the fuselages of the two helicopters (9396, 42052) has the width of 11L, while those of the first two aircrafts (42113, 42025) has the width of 9L. Therefore I think this new airplane will have a fuselage of 11L.

Since it's licensed, I think it has to be something cool and recognizable or well known enough and has to be big.

I'd say it's an Airbus Beluga.

b_may_bay_kbeg.jpg

After the "military" Osprey fiasco, it can only be a cloud

As someonse mentioned earlier, it might be any pneumatic model although we had 42128 Tow Truck on 2021 and it is rare to have pneumatics two consecutive years so I agree with the airplane prediction. I would love the Concorde or a renewed Space Shuttle, both could make sense of the expected part count

4 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I'm gonna say this thing will be an airplane because I can't think of how a helicopter set can have 2001 pieces. 

Just take a look around on Rebrickable, it's not that difficult :) There's a Defender C model with 2500+ pieces, but this cool Skycrane also has almost 2000 parts.

4 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

They made a motorcycle have almost 2000 pieces. Just make it bigger and the part count will go up.

I'm pretty sure TBD means "to be determined". I don't see where Ngoc's assumption of a licensed set comes from.

I'm betting on a helicopter.

1 minute ago, karmadrome said:

I don't see where Ngoc's assumption of a licensed set comes from.

It comes from my observation that most sets that came with TBD in their names when leaked turned out to be licensed. :laugh:

What if it not plane/helicopter but drone model? Sufficiently close to "air" ?

But honestly I would love another pneumatic set. Pump + Air tank, maybe something like over-pressure valve to make finally proper electric auto pump....Yeah, just dreaming big. :)

8 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

It comes from my observation that most sets that came with TBD in their names when leaked turned out to be licensed. :laugh:

Yes /\

Would love a proper helicopter with that many parts and think with the right functions it could use that many parts.

21 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

*snip*

I would not say it's a Beluga... I'd sooner think it'll be something like a cargo plane or a Cessna, something whose shape is more suited to the Technic medium than a cylindrical airliner. Personally I think it'll be a helicopter

Edited by Bartybum

11 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Yes /\

Would love a proper helicopter with that many parts and think with the right functions it could use that many parts.

Agreed, with proper cyclic/collective control and a nice new swash plate. I know this functionality is doable with current parts, but the best we can do right now is turntable based and other such solutions, which always look cluncky and unrefined compared to the real thing.  Maybe have pitch control of the tail rotor also, with osprey battery box and motor? This would be nice osprey replacement:

https://youtu.be/n9w2V5a-3m8

1 hour ago, allanp said:

Agreed, with proper cyclic/collective control and a nice new swash plate. I know this functionality is doable with current parts, but the best we can do right now is turntable based and other such solutions, which always look cluncky and unrefined compared to the real thing.  Maybe have pitch control of the tail rotor also, with osprey battery box and motor? This would be nice osprey replacement:

https://youtu.be/n9w2V5a-3m8

Building on this I would like to se a new part (similar to the old swash plate part on the wirlwind rescue) that also could be used as a wheel hub with a much more powerful ball joint then the current CV-joints. Is it to much to hope for to see such a part in both this and the new supercar, along with realistic suspention geometry? Probably if I know TLG...

On 1/13/2022 at 10:05 AM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The Osprey is the largest Technic aircraft so far and it only has 1635 pieces. The 5 large Technic aircrafts that have been released in order of decreasing part count is 42113, 42025, 42066, 9396, 42052. The first three are airplanes.

https://brickset.com/sets/tag-Aircraft/theme-Technic

Also, the fuselages of the two helicopters (9396, 42052) has the width of 11L, while those of the first two aircrafts (42113, 42025) has the width of 9L. Therefore I think this new airplane will have a fuselage of 11L.

Since it's licensed, I think it has to be something cool and recognizable or well known enough and has to be big.

b_may_bay_kbeg.jpg

Yeah sure
10³ white tiles and panels
Probably even more boring than the colleseum

15 hours ago, JaBaCaDaBra said:

Yeah sure
10³ white tiles and panels
Probably even more boring than the colleseum

I agree, a large passenger or freight plane would be very a very repetitive build with lots of the same parts. I think it's really unlikely we would ever see something like that in an official technic set.

2 hours ago, m00se said:

I agree, a large passenger or freight plane would be very a very repetitive build with lots of the same parts. I think it's really unlikely we would ever see something like that in an official technic set.

There was the 42025.

11 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

There was the 42025.

That was far from cylindrical though, it was a rounded rectangle:

42025-1.jpg

There's a bit of a hop skip and a moon landing between a cargo plane and an airliner. A Beluga would need to be properly circular and smooth at the same time, which would be very difficult to do without lots of new circular panels. The front bulge would be extremely hard to replicate nicely with Technic panels too.

Edited by Bartybum

Perhaps a larger prop cargo plane for fire services, although the water plane idea has been done with 42040. Otherwise maybe a detailed ambulance chopper, though 2000 pieces would make it very detailed. 

Could it be possible that it'll be a SA-2 Samson from Avatar for which would be the licencing? There's rumours of avatar sets coming out for system, so if they'd make a technic set, who knows? Although it's a military plane, TLG has also gone all in with Star Wars, so maybe fictional war stuff is allowed?

21 hours ago, roeltheworld said:

Although it's a military plane, TLG has also gone all in with Star Wars, so maybe fictional war stuff is allowed?

Avatar's military stuff would be considered hard science fiction, which is quite far from the science fantasy of Star Wars

Edited by Bartybum

30 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Avatar's military stuff would be considered hard science fiction, which is quite far from the science fantasy of Star Wars

So now we start to compare how fictional the story is? :head_back: C'mon... TLG's "no real life weapon" policy is bended all the time as the actual franchise requires... There are Marvel minifigs with weapons that look pretty realistic, yet they are released just because the movie is fictional. Apparently any weapon from a non-documentary movie is fine until it's not licensed from the manufacturer.