1 minute ago, Polarlicht said:

Hell yeah, i like this one.

I bet they recolored the pneumatic stuff not only for this rather small set. Something big with pneumatics is coming!!!

Nah, they recolored the cylinder so they can charge more for "new parts". Also making them dbg with black accent so their "dumb customers" don't mix them up with the black linear actuators from the CAT.

2 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Why you'd even take it apart is beyond me! :laugh:

Take apart and rebuild. It's the goal of Lego!

6 minutes ago, Akbalder said:

Take apart and rebuild. It's the goal of Lego!

I would, but the nice parts are only on the exterior. Inside it's a colorful mess. And did I mention I hate those simple, way to short outriggers which lift the handler 2mm above the ground and that wobbly turntable with orange cotter pins?

I guess it is only natural to compare it to the 42053 Volvo but that was close to six years ago now. Sure, they could bring that exact set back and it would probably sell quite well. Still, I'd say it's more fun with a new take on it even though it might not be that different. The looks of this isn't all that special maybe but the 42053 looks quite crude in places as well and what I remember it was recieved well back in 2016. 

Well of course it's an instant purchase for me, likely several! Yes it's too similar to 42053 but I'm a sucker for new (recoloured) pneumatics, it's similarly to a previous set is my only real complaint, and the previous set happened to also be very good! As I haven't bought many newer sets there's also a few new to me parts (really hope there's some 3x19 frames in there).

Edited by allanp

43 minutes ago, allanp said:

Well of course it's an instant purchase for me, likely several! Yes it's too similar to 42053 but I'm a sucker for new (recoloured) pneumatics, it's similarly to a previous set is my only real complaint, and the previous set happened to also be very good! As I haven't bought many newer sets there's also a few new to me parts (really hope there's some 3x19 frames in there).

The previous set was 6 years ago, so I wouldn't blame them for releasing similar set too soon.

6 minutes ago, howitzer said:

The previous set was 6 years ago, so I wouldn't blame them for releasing similar set too soon.

True. 6 years is better than one still on the shelf coughferraricough

Hmm not quite happy with this one... it seems too skinny because of the undercarriage. I'd hoped for double tire config with the small 49.5 wheels, which could greatly improve the look.

Also I had high hopes for the use of the new curved gear racks for stabilizing the turntable. Seems very wobbly in this scale...

At least we have now a decent colour for the big pneumatics. Also the mechanism for activating the grabblers look cool. For 70€, this would be a good parts pack, but 100€ it's too much for this. 

42 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Once again the original orange-peel claws get shafted. :sceptic:

What's this part?

50 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

What's this part?

Behold!

6100179.jpg

The arbitrary recolour in this set is an affront to justice and will not stand!

Edited by Maaboo35

14 hours ago, Polarlicht said:

Hell yeah, i like this one.

I bet they recolored the pneumatic stuff not only for this rather small set. Something big with pneumatics is coming!!!

Nah, I wouldn't be that optimistic. They probably just did it to create an additional selling point. I prefer the yellow cylinders because they always highlighted the function. It's always an eye catcher for my young son.

It is not quite 42053.   The mounting of the top cylinder on the arm is different.  It might be fun to add a working claw to 42053.

40 minutes ago, suffocation said:

Do I see dis in DBG?

32054.png

It’s probably either LBG in some shadows or flat silver, which are in production currently.

Edited by LvdH

Hello all,

I think this set resembles more the 42006 model only with wheels and pneumatic actuators.

I'll buy 2 copies for sure (I also bought 2 copies of the 42006, it was a great set for modding), and I allready have some mods in my head.

20 hours ago, suffocation said:

Do I see dis in DBG?

Nvrmnd

Edited by thekoRngear

10 hours ago, thekoRngear said:

Possible since the new Transformers set also came with DBG. 

It’s flat silver in the Transformers set