Indeed, a simple ball type check valve, would be very useful and could be simply made small enough to fit in any line. The biggest problem I see would be getting it correctly installed, I could see many people installing it backwards, causing much frustration. Still to me that would be a minor problem and I would love to see such a part. Great idea.

On 11/12/2022 at 5:54 PM, Johnny1360 said:

Indeed, a simple ball type check valve, would be very useful and could be simply made small enough to fit in any line. The biggest problem I see would be getting it correctly installed, I could see many people installing it backwards, causing much frustration. Still to me that would be a minor problem and I would love to see such a part. Great idea.

That is a good point. I think a big printed/moulded arrow that is directly called out in the instructions would prevent mistakes, but it would have to be very clearly and obviously called out in the instructions in a big red square!

Or maybe have a short piece of integrated rubber hose attached to the check valve would help, since that way it would be impossible to put in backwards if the rest of the instructions were followed.

2 hours ago, allanp said:

That is a good point. I think a big printed/moulded arrow that is directly called out in the instructions would prevent mistakes, but it would have to be very clearly and obviously called out in the instructions in a big red square!

No way it would prevent all the mistakes, but the bigger and clearer the marking/instructions callout is, the less chance there's for mistakes. Still, there's always the bottom of the barrel, where no amount of directions is enough to prevent errors...

31 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Or maybe have a short piece of integrated rubber hose attached to the check valve would help, since that way it would be impossible to put in backwards if the rest of the instructions were followed.

This would be good, but also slightly limit the usefulness of the part.

I also thought of a one-way valve that could be reversed in direction by flipping a switch, that way the user could at least correct it easily, and perhaps such a thing could be functionally useful in some builds. Would make it much larger though.

Does anyone know how I could find/import the special parts to make a Stud.Io MOC model from this set? I'm missing the claws (studio only has v1 = #11953, not the v2 = #19540) and all the pneumatic hoses, can't find any at all in my studio on this laptop.. Some year ago on my older laptop I had tubings in the main pallette to MOC 42128, but can't find them anywhere now.

Am I missing an 'update' button somewhere in Studio to import newest parts?

I would like to make my instructions as accurate as possible. What I made is very fun to play with, so I hope to be able to share them with decent instructions.

Edit: Found the old hoses under 75c... will look into it tomorrow if I can find the correct lengths. Still missing the claw piece. (Bonus points if anyone has the pneumatic pressure gauge to be used in Stud.io!)

Edited by Mr Jos