7 minutes ago, howitzer said:

Will they be long or short versions of the cylinders? It's been a while since the last large short ones were seen in a set...

I don't know. I assume it will be like the volvo excavator set. 

52 minutes ago, allanp said:

I don't know. I assume it will be like the volvo excavator set. 

Which technically wasn't an excavator, but a waste handler. So yeah, it probably will be the same setup.

19 minutes ago, Frequenzberater said:

He made a digitally build from what he has seen:

https://youtu.be/7-IjTEKnbkE

Thanks. He's the other guy from the Promo Bricks. I like how the turntable this time is sandwiched between two technic frames. Will see if it makes (or how much) any worthy impact. With this the H2 sets started to flow their heat waves

Edited by thekoRngear

I think Luca got the proportions of the lower structure wrong. The wheelbase seems 4 studs too long.

What's really interesting is the grapples: Looks like a linkage, where the small pneumatic cylinder is implemented in the final boom. 

Please consider that I wanted to give an overview of the set by focusing on the look of the waste handler. I don't have any information about how the inner structure is built, so I can't rebuild every single detail exactly 1:1. Like I did it with my stud.io version of the 42129 Zetros last year, I wanted to show you how the LEGO waste handler will approximately look like. 

In the video, I talk more about the individual sections of the waste handler and how accurate these sections are compared to the real version. I really want to emphasize that the proportions can slightly differ from the real waste handler (I guess around 1-3 studs, for example). Pictures in a "fever dream" aren't in 4K and it's hard to identify the length of every single technic beam ;)

My comments on the different sections:

- the claw: I tried to rebuild the claw as accurate as possible, the result is nearly 100% of what we will get on the final model.

- the boom: the upper section is very close to the one I saw in my "fever dream", the main boom is a bit different, I used panels, the version on the final model will consist of technic beams.

- the cabine: it is as close as I could get it in stud.io, just the black hose in my version will be a (5L long?) soft axle on the real waste handler. Additionally, the mechanism to raise the cabin should be the same as the one from the 42053 Volvo, that's why I didn't include it.

- the main superstructure: since the cabin hides most of the interesting parts, I could only rebuild the cover at the back.

- the chassis: might be a few studs longer or shorter and the building techniques will be different as well - but because this whole section is mostly black it's really hard to see which parts TLG used. Only the rear axle will have a steering mechanism. The outriggers might be identical with the ones from the 42108. The construction around the turntables will also be a bit different, but as far as I'm concerned, TLG used some technic frames as well.

@Brick-a-brac some insight is better than no insight, thank you for sharing what you have. 

Of course this is on my day one buy list. I've wanted recoloured pneumatics for years and now they are coming. Yipeeeeeeee! My only complaints so far is that it's too similar to the Volvo excavator, and could we not have had the cylinder that controls the grab be inside the grab, like in real version? This kinda makes it feel like a step down from the volve excavator, which also had motorisation option which probably won't be included here. 

Normally these would be much bigger problems for me in sets that have very few redeeming features. But as this set does have some big positives, it's negatives are easier to forgive. 

It'd be great if this 🐕 had a fictional brand similar to the Fuchs logo, but with a different animal like "Badger" or "Squirrel" or something.

Terex-Fuchs-Material-Handlers-at-Just-Re

Edited by Maaboo35

51 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

It'd be great if this 🐕 had a fictional brand similar to the Fuchs logo, but with a different animal like "Badger" or "Squirrel" or something.

Terex-Fuchs-Material-Handlers-at-Just-Re

Badger would be cool!

On 4/8/2022 at 2:14 PM, thekoRngear said:

Badger would be cool!

Could call it "Grævling", considering it's Danish. :laugh: Or you could just stick with "Badger" since it looks like the Czech word for excavator, "Bager".

On 4/9/2022 at 5:17 PM, Maaboo35 said:

Could call it "Grævling", considering it's Danish. :laugh: Or you could just stick with "Badger" since it looks like the Czech word for excavator, "Bager".

Just small note from czech person - it is "Bagr" in czech language and "Bager" in Slovakia :pir_tong2: Which is totally different bro country ..both former parts of Czechoslovakia just to make things less complicated :roflmao:

10 hours ago, tomfow said:

Just small note from czech person - it is "Bagr" in czech language and "Bager" in Slovakia :pir_tong2: Which is totally different bro country ..both former parts of Czechoslovakia just to make things less complicated :roflmao:

Doy! Of course.

So new colored pneumatic cylinder is nice.

11953/19540 Technic Grabber Arm Claw with 3L Thick Beam in DBG new

19478 2x11 pneumatic cylinder in DBG new

19475 1x5 small pneumatic cylinder re-introdeced after 2018 but for some strange reason it is keep yellow.

But understructure is looks weak and awkward.

Looks like can lifting cabin like volvo EW160E.

Edited by msk6003

20 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

So new colored pneumatic cylinder is nice.

11953/19540 Technic Grabber Arm Claw with 3L Thick Beam in DBG new

19478 2x11 pneumatic cylinder in DBG new

19475 1x5 small pneumatic cylinder re-introdeced after 2018 but for some strange reason it is keep yellow.

But understructure is looks weak and awkward.

Looks like can lifting cabin like volvo EW160E.

Could understructure be based on 19 x 3 frames introduced with McLaren F1 car? Few pages before was mentioned that set uses 49.5 tires, so perhaps those frames would be perfect for the structure; simple, stiff and light

...and could be optimal in terms of dimensions...

4 minutes ago, 1gor said:

Could understructure be based on 19 x 3 frames introduced with McLaren F1 car? Few pages before was mentioned that set uses 49.5 tires, so perhaps those frames would be perfect for the structure; simple, stiff and light

...and could be optimal in terms of dimensions...

Yes it use 49.5x20. But I don't think it use 3x19 in under...

15 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

Yes it use 49.5x20. But I don't think it use 3x19 in under...

It is just my guess (I don't have pictures yet, maybe some day in future)

Since the 2HY2022 catalogue from Taiwan is on lego.com, I'll just post the screenshot here for anyone wandering.
42144.jpg

Edited by R0Sch

Looking good. They could have switched the black and DBG colouring on the cylinders (black with DBG details) but I guess this will do. Hopefully the price will be a little less than the 42128 tow truck.

Hell yeah, i like this one.

I bet they recolored the pneumatic stuff not only for this rather small set. Something big with pneumatics is coming!!!

1 minute ago, Polarlicht said:

Hell yeah, i like this one.

I bet they recolored the pneumatic stuff not only for this rather small set. Something big with pneumatics is coming!!!

Yes that's also my thought. And probably licensed ...

Anyway, DBG is a more universal color than yellow, and nowadays almost all construction machines have black/dark grey actuators.