42144 - Waste Handler

835 pieces

Available August 2022

From promobricks.de

Fans of the LEGO Pneumatic System can look forward to 42144 [Waste Handler]. The model consists of 835 pieces and will be launched with an MSRP of $139.99, making it the smallest of the LEGO Technic 2022 Summer sets. Although we don't yet know the exact product name, we do know that it will be a "waste handler", i.e. a special excavator with an extendable cab and gripper, which is mainly used in scrap yards and other waste disposal companies.

• Set number:  42144
  • Title:  [Waste Handler]
  • Number of parts: 835
  • Release date:  August 01, 2022
  • Availability:  LEGO
  • Recommended age:  ?
  • MSRP:  $139.99

The set contains several pneumatic cylinders, including two gray ones for the first time, which are operated by a hand pump and are responsible for the movements of the gripper arm. At its front end there is a gripper with 4 claws. As with the real prototype, the driver's cab can be adjusted in height. The vehicle runs on 4 wheels, of which at least the two in front can also be steered. In addition, 4 supports ensure more stability when playing. The set comes in a red and black color scheme.

waste-handler.png

Go nuts

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Hmm a normal telehandler in that scale  has already been done with the 8295:

set8295a.jpg

A non-tele handler would be something new I think. Maybe finally with the Batman 68.7 tires?

8 minutes ago, Jundis said:

8295 has 1182 parts, while this set only has 835.

@mpj how many parts did you use on your incredible telehandler moc? :-)

31 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

8295 has 1182 parts, while this set only has 835.

Still, it's in the same range... :D

I think this will be in similar scale to 42079

Edited by Dami

1 hour ago, Jundis said:

@mpj how many parts did you use on your incredible telehandler moc? :-)

942!

But I hope this one will be a material handler and not a common telehandler ;-)

If licensed it could be Liebherr; example they developed Scorpion with CLAAS, but also a range as @mpj posted :thumbup:

2 hours ago, karmadrome said:

Again, where does the information of a licensed set come from? TBD simply means "to be determined"..

That is why I posted if licensed. Non licensed would be few percentage cheaper. About abbreviation TBD you are right. Look at real models more as inspiration than as suggestion for Lego set

On 1/12/2022 at 12:13 AM, Jundis said:

set8295a.jpg

A non-tele handler would be something new I think. Maybe finally with the Batman 68.7 tires?

Why is the pallet floating in the air?:sceptic:

3 minutes ago, whitepen said:

Why is the pallet floating in the air?:sceptic:

Optical illusion. It’s on the ground.

13 hours ago, LvdH said:

Optical illusion. It’s on the ground.

Given it's a perspective photo, it's far too large and at the wrong angle to be sitting on the ground. It is indeed hovering

8 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Given it's a perspective photo, it's far too large and at the wrong angle to be sitting on the ground. It is indeed hovering

Please enlighten me wise ones, but I don't understand why this hovering pallet is important with upcoming set? Is new vehicle hovering?

1 minute ago, 1gor said:

Please enlighten me wise ones, but I don't understand why this hovering pallet is important with upcoming set? Is new vehicle hovering?

Idk lol, I was just correcting an incorrect statement

2 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Idk lol, I was just correcting an incorrect statement

No problem at all; I was hoping you know something new :sweet:

Would they release two telehandlers in the same year? Handler could mean an articulated log handler, on wrangler wheels, maybe like 8443 from way back in 1996. Would compliment 42080 nicely.

Could go anywhere actually... small handlers, telehandler (both can have fork, grabber or bucket), container handler/stacker, or fullsize (e.g. Liebherr or Sennenbogen) material handlers (on wheels, tracks, rails)...

All of these categories have been done before in some form (as A- or B-model, small/medium or large scale), so I don't expext anything really surprising here, maybe just a 'new' scale for an 'old' model.

Apart from that, sounds like an interesting subject for sure, and given the parts count should be pretty affordable as well. Been a while since we had a handler like machine in a large(r) scale.

If it gets a bucket or grabber arm, could be a perfect platform for Pneumatic (although pretty similar functionwise to 42080 then...)

According to Promobricks, the set will be a Waste Handler with pneumatics (2 cylinders are new in grey) similar to the Sennebogen 825 Mobile (with wheels, not tracks) and will cost 140$ with 835 pieces.

825E_M_Titelbild.png

12 minutes ago, Gimmick said:

42053 was a great set. If this goes in the same direction... yay I guess ;)

Nah, nothing beats 42053. And with only 800-odd parts, this is probably gonna look a lot leaner.

30 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

How did TLG do 42053 for 1166 pieces and 120$ and yet do this set for 835 pieces and 130$..

It probably isn't unrelated to this:
VdLnuiy.png

I really wouldn't know what they actually base their prices on though.