According to a recently published article on StoneWars.de, the technic supercar will be delayed for at least one year due to the shifted release of the related reallife car. 

Let the speculation begin. 

Edited by Frequenzberater
Typo

12 minutes ago, Frequenzberater said:

According to a recently published article on StoneWars.de, the technic supercar will be delayed for at least one year due to the shifted release of the related reallife car. 

A tear from me, a sigh of relief from my wallet...

Edited by astyanax
spelling

Well that's a disappointment. Supercars are pretty much the only thing I am interested in. It does confirm it's not an existing car though, which eliminates basically every single guess in this thread :laugh: So, anyone happen to know which real life cars are being delayed to 2023?

Also I guess this is possibly why LEGO decided to continue producing the Bugatti Chiron for another year. 

41 minutes ago, Frequenzberater said:

the technic supercar will be delayed for at least one year due to the shifted release of the related reallife car.

Well that's a major suck :hmpf_bad:

I don't get why they always have to do the newest car instead of going for an instant classic like the Aventador that would sell amazingly without any doubt.

Edited by Gray Gear

7 minutes ago, Gray Gear said:

I don't get why they always have to do the newest car instead of going for an instant classic like the Aventador that would sell amazingly without any doubt.

They made an Aventador, it just never made it to the shelves. 

Bottom left:
fOfI0gg.png

Aventador SVJ wheels on the right side:
we3xlXz.png

These are screengrabs from the Lamborghini Sian videocasts.

The reason is most likely not a choice LEGO makes, but rather their partner.

Well, I can't really see anything, but it is very interesting to know.

If TLG is really paying oh so much for licensing it is quite weird to think the car company would decide what car is (or isn't) made.

But it makes sense for Lamborghini to not want a Aventador Model made now because the Aventador is finally going away and quite a few people arn't too happy about it. A Sian certainly is better for Lamborghini.

2 hours ago, Frequenzberater said:

Dude, you made my day! Will this car even shift gears :iamded_lol:

My speculation: it will cost 500,00 EUR plus, no matter what car it´s supposed to be. Let´s hope it not be a Flexari. What do you expect other than a consistent continuation of the philosophy..

14 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

Let´s hope it not be a Flexari.

Thankfully the UCS cars are, so far, built with more care than the embarrassing 42125. 

1 hour ago, Gray Gear said:

Well, I can't really see anything, but it is very interesting to know.

Yeah there's only a few glimpses of the prototypes. But, if you look at the louvres, they're clearly that of the Aventador SVJ. The Sian looks nothing like that. The wheels are also a 1:1 copy of those from the Aventador SVJ.

Valhalla (Aston Martin) is 2023

but not sure if it’s been delayed. It may be a car that hasn’t been shown to the public yet and so we may not know much about it. So wouldn’t necessarily know it’s delayed.

30 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Thankfully the UCS cars are, so far, built with more care than the embarrassing 42125.

Right, but still with different levels of success. To me, only the Chiron really felt solid as a tank. Could even be lifted comfortably by its roof. In the Sian unveiling video, they showed it being lifted by its roof, but in reality I found this to detach the bottom of the windshield. This is also what impressed me most In BuWizz's video of the GTA Spano: they were holding the 4.3kg monster by the roof all the time! :laugh_hard:

Maybe it could be the new AMG One, the Mercedes Hypercar, which comes probably later this year or early 2023. It would make scene, because it was announced some years ago and TLG had a lot of time designing this very complex and cool car and they have a Mercedes license.

The problem with most 2022 cars, being them F1, LeMans, WRC o most supercars, is that the main advance is hibridatión, and electricity adds very Little to a Technic model. Koenigsegg advancement is in valves, that Technic models do not usually depict.

12 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

Well that's a major suck :hmpf_bad:

You are so damn right. The Aventador is my dream car and I was so stoked when Lego shared that silhouette teaser, for then it only to be the new Sian. (Not saying it wasn't a good set, but I would've liked an older Lambo)
Its just the big corporations doing what they do best I think, using the new and amazing Lego technic car to promote their new $4m car that only a few people can buy through a $600AUD lego set.

On the topic of that though, just read an article that says there was a listing for the ‘TBD Technic Ultimate Car 2022’, on electricbricks with a piece count of 3,776 and a release of August 2022, and then the site claims that it wont be coming out in 2022 at all. Interesting I think.

source: Brickfanatics

Edited by OnyyX

Just now, Jonfensu said:

Would like the GMA T.50 but I know its´ not going to happen

Ooh, that'd be sweet! You're right that it won't happen, though...

@karmadrome It will definatelly not be the cybertruck. It wouldn't fit the other supercars in the lineup at all, being a weird electric SUV from the US instead of a low  gas guzzler from Porsche/Piëch like the 3 previous cars.

If TLG would make the cybertruck it would probably a successor for the Defender in 1:10. After all there is no transmission or anything else interesting in the cybertuck, so making it 1:8 would be pretty pointless.

Edited by Gray Gear

Just please no electric car in general. It'll just steer, rattle and roll....I said steer, rattle and roll....

12 minutes ago, allanp said:

Just please no electric car in general. It'll just steer, rattle and roll....I said steer, rattle and roll....

I would love to see an electric car, for the 4th time the designers could not copy-paste the boring gearbox with the fake engine, they'd be forced to come up with some functions to make the car interesting :)

Just now, kbalage said:

they'd be forced to come up with some functions to make the car interesting :)

Yeah but like... what? Electric cars have nothing interesting going for them

Adaptive suspension, Breaks, Lights (or even breaking lights), foldable roof, adjustable seats... 

There are many possibilities. 

Edited by Frequenzberater

4 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Yeah but like... what? Electric cars have nothing interesting going for them

The Hummer EV for example has 4 wheel steering including crab mode, adjustable suspension height, and as @Frequenzberater mentioned there are many other functional details that can be replicated. The 1:8 supercar does not have to be a fancy shell around a huge gearbox.